Braves @ Padres

Dharma Initiative

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think everybody is a little upset about the way we played," Gonzalez said. "Tomorrow, I think I'll circle around and talk to some of the guys that we need to talk to. It's hard to get on a team after the kind of series you played against the Dodgers. It was one of the best series we have played. We lost three games, but it was not that bad. The intensity was there. So for you to come in tonight after a game that was not that well played and have a closed-door meeting and yell and scream, I don't think that's the time."

"I think everybody is a little upset about the way we played," Gonzalez said. "Tomorrow, I think I'll circle around and talk to some of the guys that we need to talk to. It's hard to get on a team after the kind of series you played against the Dodgers. It was one of the best series we have played. We lost three games, but it was not that bad. The intensity was there. So for you to come in tonight after a game that was not that well played and have a closed-door meeting and yell and scream, I don't think that's the time."

I puked in my mouth at "it was one of the best series we play". Yeah pitching was good and the hitting was awful....and you get swept....But the best series we have played....

I keep trying to watch as I've been a fan for decades now (dang am I that old??) But something about this team is hugely disappointing. I'm not even sure I can put my finger on it. I enjoyed watching the late 80s Braves teams of Paul Runge and Charlie Puleo more. I'm disappointed in myself even feeling this uninterested in this team.

I'm starting to think Chipper was a bigger locker room guy than I had thought. The atmosphere seems different since he left. Could he me but it seemed he had ideas or answers that we can't get from anywhere of late.

Yep. Chipper was the bonified backbone. Huddy and McCann were somewhat the leaders and now we don't have any kind of leader other than guys that just go out there and do their parts