Big Piece Of Bucs Offense Won’T Be Practiced Much

“I mean, it’s hard, because you want to be careful in practice when you start throwing the 50-50 balls and stuff like that and getting guys jumping up against each other. That’s a scary deal,” McCown said. “So you have to be careful with that, but you can practice it. There’s still a way to get that done without risking injury. So we definitely spend time doing that. That really more materializes in games when it’s live competition and the guys are going up and making plays on the ball.

“There’s a way where put the ball and so on and so forth. We’re getting there. We do some of that stuff, but it’s hard to really get the full thing of it in practice.”

It’s no shock the Bucs are playing it safe in practice, though there have been go-get-it throws to Evans and Jackson in the back of the end zone during red zone work the last couple of days. Jackson has looked sharp and in sync on those; Evans has not.

Looks like Evans may have a bit of a learning curve to work on. After seeing him in training camp, you can tell he's a real talent, but has a lotta work to do, to be ready for the regular season.

He wasn't a "bigger" WR that I was incredibly high on, at least, as high as he was drafted. I do think he bailed Johnny football out a lot, but still wasn't sure it was the right pick for the Bucs. He might need to see limited staps this year to let him learn, much like the Saints are doing with SJB

He wasn't a "bigger" WR that I was incredibly high on, at least, as high as he was drafted. I do think he bailed Johnny football out a lot, but still wasn't sure it was the right pick for the Bucs. He might need to see limited staps this year to let him learn, much like the Saints are doing with SJB

I along with most Buc fans are just glad we drafted Evans instead of Manziel. I was really impressed with Evans in OTA's this summer, but they weren't working they way they are now. Now you can see he's having a lot to learn in playing with the Big Boys. There's a big difference between chucking the ball around in shorts and no pads, and playing full tilt with pads on. Entirely different.

I think that it was a bit of both. He was a huge option for Manziel and meant that he could just fling it up there and Evans had a good chance to get it. On the other hand, he struggled to get separation at times and Manziel scrambling around gave him longer to get open.