I get you, it's just that the small amount of negative news about Hageman is his lack of technique. He seems to be over thinking some things too. I liked hearing that the vets are stepping up and helping him. Apparently Osi is doing it too if that helps any. Osi has more clout in the pass rushing department. I don't think any mentoring or tutoring is a bad thing though.

Not a bad thing at all, just thought it was funny I guess, that it was Jackson giving pass rushing mentoring.

1. 9h
    ZwtltM3e_normal.jpeg Knox Bardeen @KnoxonFox
    Tyler Starr just absolutely flattened Terren Jones with a bull rush. Impressive #Falcons
    Retweeted by The Falcoholic Expand

[*]

9h

ywCpxNXn_normal.jpeg Reid Ferrin @FalconsRFerrin

Matt Ryan to Devin Hester..... 3 words....Back Corner TD. #beautiful #RiseUp #aftc14

[*]

9h

Sam Baker just had three really good pass protection reps. Two vs. Osi Umenyiora and one vs. Jaques Smith #Falcons

[*]

9h

Peter Konz just had three really good reps in a pass protection drill. Twice vs. Robertson, once vs. Rumph #Falcons

Retweeted by The Falcoholic

Mucho Likey! biggrin.png

So does this not concern anyone? Jackson, with his 9 career sacks in 5 years of playing time is tutoring our rookie on pass rushing technique?

- mostly kidding here, but still that was my 1st thought when I read the comment.

Jackson knows what to do, he just doesn't have the speed and quickness to actually do it. Hageman does have the speed and quickness.

http://www.strengtha...strings-squats/

The squat is not a suitable exercise for developing the hamstrings. Therefore, where hamstring development is required for sports performance or for injury prevention, other exercises should be introduced into a program, such as the Nordic curl or Romanian deadlift.

Mindd you this is the first thing I came up with on google, but from my personal experience, doing reverse leg curls works hammies wayyyy harder than squats, now romanian deadlifts on the other hand...

lmao the Romanian Deadlift....

that almost sounds made up

"The Tasmanian Twister"

"The Bohemian Curl"

as stated squats are primarily a quad exercise. to focus on the hamstring a better exercise is the leg curl. think of it the same as your arms with your hamstrings as your biceps and quads as your triceps.

all that stated, balanced exercise to work all muscles equally is just about always the recommended weightlifting regimen.

http://www.strengtha...strings-squats/

The squat is not a suitable exercise for developing the hamstrings. Therefore, where hamstring development is required for sports performance or for injury prevention, other exercises should be introduced into a program, such as the Nordic curl or Romanian deadlift.

Mindd you this is the first thing I came up with on google, but from my personal experience, doing reverse leg curls works hammies wayyyy harder than squats, now romanian deadlifts on the other hand...

Makes sense.

Personally I think that squats, although a nice compound exercise that gives you a good leg workout, are somewhat overrated whenever it comes to hamstring development. Squats engage the quads more so than the hammies; by relying on mostly squats for leg strength your quads will overpower your hamstrings, thus leading to a muscle imbalance. People's quads are already usually stronger than their hamstrings in most cases. Muscle imbalances then lead to an increase chance of injury (happened to me but not my leg, my shoulder). Deadlifts are a more efficient compound exercise to focus on hamstring development and lying leg curls are a nice isolation exercise for the hammies.

Wasn't much Falcons related that I said, so here's to a hopefully less injury riddle season!

Edited by CTann