High Top Jop On 92.9 Today

Jigglypuff

Second-year UDFA Joplo Bartu is running as the Falcons' starting inside linebacker next to Paul Worrilow at training camp.

Both Bartu and Worrilow are second-year undrafted free agents who struggled as rookies. Pro Football Focus graded Worrilow as a bottom-ten inside linebacker last season, among 55 qualifiers. Bartu showed well in run defense, but was the league's third worst 4-3 outside linebacker in pass coverage per PFF. We'll be sure to target Atlanta's defense in fantasy matchups this season.

Source: ESPN.com Jul 31 - 4:05 PM

Second-year UDFA Joplo Bartu is running as the Falcons' starting inside linebacker next to Paul Worrilow at training camp.

Both Bartu and Worrilow are second-year undrafted free agents who struggled as rookies. Pro Football Focus graded Worrilow as a bottom-ten inside linebacker last season, among 55 qualifiers. Bartu showed well in run defense, but was the league's third worst 4-3 outside linebacker in pass coverage per PFF. We'll be sure to target Atlanta's defense in fantasy matchups this season.

horseshit!

That doesn't even make any sense. They both played well and now have a year in the system. This defense may shock a lot of people.

Exactly why I don't like PFF and analysts who are too lazy to do actual research. PFF doesn't know a **** thing about coverages, schemes etc

Crack lunch.

Edited by luke in duluth

They weren't world beaters. People seem to confuse the excitement about these Lbs. They got hyped because they were UDFAs who played pretty darn good for well, UDFAs.

People forget how Ray Lewis struggled with a sub par line. How do you think two rookies went with our line. They played lights out and people are kidding themselves to think otherwise. Can they be upgraded - of course but right now they are quality options to start. They won't be the reason we don't make playoffs - it will lack if pass rush or run game IMHO

People forget how Ray Lewis struggled with a sub par line. How do you think two rookies went with our line. They played lights out and people are kidding themselves to think otherwise. Can they be upgraded - of course but right now they are quality options to start. They won't be the reason we don't make playoffs - it will lack if pass rush or run game IMHO

I totally agree. I wasn't meaning to be negative about them if I sounded like I was. I just notice here a lot that their hype isn't liked by some and it seems they're totally misunderstanding it.

That doesn't even make any sense. They both played well and now have a year in the system. This defense may shock a lot of people.

I'm not too suprised to see this. I do think Bartu held his own for the most part but Worrilow's high tackle numbers are probably somewhat deceptive of how well he played.

I do expect both to improve with another year of seasoning and some beef in front of them on the line.

Compared to the top 5 LBs taken in the draft:

Rd 1 Jarvis Jones 14 games 1 sack 4 PD 41 tackles

Rd 1 Alec Ogletree 16 games 1.5 sacks 9 PD 118 tackles

Rd 2 Manti Te'o 13 games 4 PD 73 tackles

Rd 2 Kevin Minter 13 games 4 tackles

Rd 2 Kiko Alonso 16 games 2 Sacks 4 int 5 PD 159 tackles

Bartu 16 games 3.5 sacks 1 PD 84 tackles

Worrilow 16 games 2.0 sacks 1 PD 127 tackles

They compare favorably to the top draft picks at LB. Hard to think how they couldn't have been steals. They would easily both be 2nd or 3rd round picks with those numbers and no fake girlfriends either.