Cover 32 Preseason Rankings: "**** The Saints"

Make no mistake I'm not making an excuse for the loss. A loss is a loss.

What I'm saying is the fact that Carolina won the game has ZERO impact on my opinion on who the better team is.

When comparing the rosters which team has more upgrades over the other?

Offense:

Saints are better by a country mile at every position but Center.

Defense:

Keuchly and Davis are definite upgrades at linebacker. Defensive line is splitting hairs and the Saints are a country mile better at C and S.

So out of 53 players the Panthers have 3 definite positional advantages.

So yes Id say the Saints are better by a country mile.

The Falcons and Bucs both have more talent on their rosters than Carolina does.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake I'm not making an excuse for the loss. A loss is a loss.

What I'm saying is the fact that Carolina won the game has ZERO impact on my opinion on who the better team is.

When comparing the rosters which team has more upgrades over the other?

Offense:

Saints are better by a country mile at every position but Center.

Defense:

Keuchly and Davis are definite upgrades at linebacker. Defensive line is splitting hairs and the Saints are a country mile better at C and S.

So out of 53 players the Panthers have 3 definite positional advantages.

So yes Id say the Saints are better by a country mile.

The Falcons and Bucs both have more talent on their rosters than Carolina does.

Whats up with you and describing things with country miles? lol...

I wouldn't go and say the Saints are a country mile ahead of the Panthers, it just isn't true. No team other than SF and us week 1 had a chance at winning in the dome, and the noise and home field factor is real if you've ever sat in the dome.

Saints offense works by matchups/mismatches and good line play. That never happened on the road which led to a 3-5 record and led to horrible road games/losses. All because a team is dominant at home and average on the road doesn't make them vastly better than another team, it just means they have issues they need to address.

Cooks hopefully fixes one of those issues

Armstead looks to have fixed another.

Theres still some question marks to be answered but we wont see week 1.

Cooks hopefully fixes one of those issues

Armstead looks to have fixed another.

Theres still some question marks to be answered but we wont see week 1.

Bad line play and bad WR play did you guys in when its away from the dome

Now if you guys come in and destroy us, I'm talking 40+ to <20...I'd consider it fixed. If its a close game (doesn't matter who's the winner) something like 21-17, you guys have issues.

Bad line play and bad WR play did you guys in when its away from the dome

Now if you guys come in and destroy us, I'm talking 40+ to <20...I'd consider it fixed. If its a close game (doesn't matter who's the winner) something like 21-17, you guys have issues.

I cant agree with that.

Even with both teams having bad years in 2012 and 2013, the games were super tight.

I cant agree with that.

Even with both teams having bad years in 2012 and 2013, the games were super tight.

Its always tight minus the 2011 *** kicking, but I honestly think you guys own us, simple as that.

Our revamped defense may stop your run game, but there's still a lingering question regarding pass rushing, whether or not the fellow sunshine pumpers want to believe it or not. Hopefully Trufant/Alford make the big leap to improve our pass defense.

If how high Cooks is being regarded (looks like he's blowing away everyone) turn out to be true, Graham and Colston being as healthy as they've been, and looks as if Toon can be the next breakout star - I honestly don't see a 40+ pt game being out of the question. OL play improved after the game @carolina in regards to protection, more lanes for RBs to rush, and seemingly more sync'd offense. Now add in two potential break out stars for your receiving weapons and Drew Brees might be this year's MVP.

If you guys barely get by and its a low scoring game, I'd honestly question if the road woes are still there for you guys.

Edited by bonesthugsandharmony