Cover 32 Preseason Rankings: "**** The Saints"

Born A-Ginn

Yep. The guy is ******** for having those expectations though. 70% is extremely rare. To me, that implies that they are taking away basically all of Eli's deep options. Eli's bread and butter over the years have been going deep...even if he makes mistakes every now and then, every qb has mistakes every now and then.

I don't think he actually expects Eli to hit 70%. I think it was more of a testament to how this new offense is going to make things easier for Eli and make him more efficient. We're not getting rid of the deep balls, but a lot of them last year were just inappropriate and inefficient. Making the offense quicker and adding more shorter passes when it's appropriate should help to raise his completion percentage. Obviously not to 70 percent.. but higher than it has been the last few years.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Dome the Panthers were not allowed to play physical football. When only one team is allowed to play physical football.. you get a blowout like the one that happened.

At BOA.........both teams were allowed to play physical football... both teams were allowed to hit em hard....without the fear of drawing a flag every other play.

Sometimes refs are a b1tch........ the ref that picked the flag up at BOA against the Pats, to end the game, for example. I loved it, but the Pats fans were claiming the Panthers were favored that game by the refs.........and...I would not really be able to argue against their claim.

I'm sorry but the Refs? For real?

I know you saw the stats I posted. They do not support your theory.

The weather not the refs determined the outcome of that game.

I'm sorry but the Refs? For real?

I know you saw the stats I posted. They do not support your theory.

The weather not the refs determined the outcome of that game.

No... what determined that game was Luke and Davis sniffing out those short throws and destroying the plays..by knocking the h3ll out of some Saints players without worrying about a flag being thrown if they breathed on them the wrong way.

Saints had 81 plays........and 365 total yards that game... they controlled the ball for close to 40 minutes...... it really only rained for ONE quarter...

Actually read the recap in the Saints@Panthers link.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- There is a message stitched inside the collar of every Carolina Panthers jersey. Two powerful words.

Keep Pounding.

They were spoken by late linebacker Sam Mills during his fight with intestinal cancer, and served as a reminder to teammates and friends to never give up, no matter how dire the situation.

Cam Newton and the Panthers took them to heart on Sunday.

R.I.P Sam Mills. He was truly the perfect player and coach for a young team just starting out.

So the Saints didn't dominate both games?

Both teams have to play in the same weather but it certainly benefitted the panthers significantly.

I'm not going to say I think the teams are evenly matched to appease a few sensitive Panty fans in RC. Especially when they clearly aren't.

The Panthers will be third at best in the division. Any Saints fan pretending to afraid of the Panthers is just trying to play nice in the sandbox.

Well, I'm one Saints fan that is afraid and I'm not being nice, just honest. That is South v South, Champion v Champion game and as hard as we play each other will look like pattycake during this game. There's a young QB out to try to prove he's got what it takes and veteran QB out to prove he still has what it takes. IMO, none if the south division games are going to be walks in the park, but they are going to be fun to watch!

Well, I'm one Saints fan that is afraid and I'm not being nice, just honest. That is South v South, Champion v Champion game and as hard as we play each other will look like pattycake during this game. There's a young QB out to try to prove he's got what it takes and veteran QB out to prove he still has what it takes. IMO, none if the south division games are going to be walks in the park, but they are going to be fun to watch!

NFC South teams always play one another extremely tough! One reason, I love the Bucs being in this division.

You give credit where it's due, not because you do or don't like their fans lol. I'm not gonna say the Saints dominated both games, because at the end of the day all that matter is the scoreboard. The Panthers DESERVED the second game. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I just didn't like how he tried to discredit what we did in the first game. It was a grade A *** kicking that just about every team that came to NO got. An lets not pretend Panthers fans don't say the same thing about that secondary. It was full of average to below average players, playing behind the best front 7 in football. They couldn't pressure Brees the first game and he tore them apart.

Yeah y'all wiped the floor with us in the first game I will give y'all that but the fact that some people have us at third or division is just annoying. I hope we prove it on the field like we did last year.

Yeah y'all wiped the floor with us in the first game I will give y'all that but the fact that some people have us at third or division is just annoying. I hope we prove it on the field like we did last year.

Outside of the front 7 on defense and Cam on offense, its hard to say what you will get from the rest. Thats why the predictions are going the way they are.

No... what determined that game was Luke and Davis sniffing out those short throws and destroying the plays..by knocking the h3ll out of some Saints players without worrying about a flag being thrown if they breathed on them the wrong way.

Saints had 81 plays........and 365 total yards that game... they controlled the ball for close to 40 minutes...... it really only rained for ONE quarter...

Ok there you go downplaying the rain again.

Your own description of how you think the Panthers won proves my point. The weather effected the offensive game plan.

I'm done arguing over what ifs.The Saints are the better team by a country mile right now which is why these preseason rankings are stupid. Enjoy third place.

Outside of the front 7 on defense and Cam on offense, its hard to say what you will get from the rest. Thats why the predictions are going the way they are.

That understandable. I just think it'll be Panthers Saints again with the Bucs as the darkhorse depending on McCown/Glennon.

I love how the Falcons are basically not given a chance to do squat. Yet, the Bucs with a huge question mark at QB are the 'Dark horse'

If Atlanta makes the post - season you fuggers are gonna be nom, nom, nom on some mofo crow.

But if it's the Falcons to take ANOTHER Huge Dump, you all have no crow whatsoever to munch down?

This is exactly how you Homers are trying your best to turn RC into TATF.

Ok there you go downplaying the rain again.

Your own description of how you think the Panthers won proves my point. The weather effected the offensive game plan.

I'm done arguing over what ifs.The Saints are the better team by a country mile right now which is why these preseason rankings are stupid. Enjoy third place.

laugh.png Are you mad or something? 80 plays and 40 minutes of controlling the clock.......yet blaming a quarter of rain. As if Brees and the Saints didn't have a series before Cam marched the Panthers down the field that final time and the series after that, with no rain, to try and win. .

If you're going to be a homer and come up with an excuse, at least come up with an excuse that persists through the entire game.............. like I do with refs.

I love how the Falcons are basically not given a chance to do squat. Yet, the Bucs with a huge question mark at QB are the 'Dark horse'

If Atlanta makes the post - season you fuggers are gonna be nom, nom, nom on some mofo crow.

The Bucs do have a big question mark at QB. But after last season, the Falcons have question marks at offensive line, defensive line, running back, linebacker, and safety.

There's no way to predict how those units will work out but with that may question marks it's easy to see why the Falcons aren't predicted to win the division.

laugh.png Are you mad or something? 80 plays and 40 minutes of controlling the clock.......yet blaming a quarter of rain. As if Brees and the Saints didn't have a series before Cam marched the Panthers down the field that final time and the series after that, with no rain, to try and win. .

If you're going to be a homer and come up with an excuse, at least come up with an excuse that persists through the entire game.............. like I do with refs.

You're better than blaming the refs...

There were 10 penalties in the game, 5 by each team. Carolina was penalized for 35 yards and NO was penalized for 45.

Carolina had one defensive holding penalty enforced, one defensive pass interference penalty enforced, and one offensive Boldin penalty enforced. The other two penalties were declined (one defensive holding and one PI, passes were completed anyway).

The refs didn't lose the game in NO for Carolina, just like the rain didn't lose the game in Carolina for NO. Excuses are for losers.

Please, there are always 1 or 2 games where we mop the floor with someone in the division. This season I think we go blow for blow with the Bucs. But beat the Falcons and Panthers pretty bad at home.

You're better than blaming the refs...

There were 10 penalties in the game, 5 by each team. Carolina was penalized for 35 yards and NO was penalized for 45.

Carolina had one defensive holding penalty enforced, one defensive pass interference penalty enforced, and one offensive Boldin penalty enforced. The other two penalties were declined (one defensive holding and one PI, passes were completed anyway).

The refs didn't lose the game in NO for Carolina, just like the rain didn't lose the game in Carolina for NO. Excuses are for losers.

Well, yeah. We lost that game. :lol:

I wouldn't go and say the Saints are a country mile ahead of the Panthers, it just isn't true. No team other than SF and us week 1 had a chance at winning in the dome, and the noise and home field factor is real if you've ever sat in the dome.

Saints offense works by matchups/mismatches and good line play. That never happened on the road which led to a 3-5 record and led to horrible road games/losses. All because a team is dominant at home and average on the road doesn't make them vastly better than another team, it just means they have issues they need to address.

Ah ok. So when a torrential downpour happens in Carolina everything dries up immediately afterwards?

Makes sense.