Cover 32 Preseason Rankings: "**** The Saints"

The game defined how horrible the Saints were on offense away from the dome. Predictable (look @ Kuechly and Davis' tackle counts), lack of protection (Brees got sacked 6 times), and horrible execution (2 drew brees ints). The only person who looked good in the game was Ingram.

All that it proved is they struggle in rainstorms. The game in the dome was more indicative of how these teams matchup.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All that it proved is they struggle in rainstorms. The game in the dome was more indicative of how these teams matchup.

So the game where we have a bad game, in the dome where NO always gets a bit of home-cooking, CJ rushed back from injury just to make the game, and where the defense was completely uncharacteristic of what they had been the same season, and just straight up sloppy, is the one that's more indicative to how we match up?

Okay.

So the game where we have a bad game, in the dome where NO always gets a bit of home-cooking, CJ rushed back from injury just to make the game, and where the defense was completely uncharacteristic of what they had been the same season, and just straight up sloppy, is the one that's more indicative to how we match up?

Okay.

Lol a few defenses get roasted in the Dome. BUT that wasn't a good example of how the teams match up.

I think the second game was more of what we will see this season.

Okay.

In the Dome that secondary was victimized. Everyone knew that if you got a little time against the Panthers, the back end wouldn't hold up. The Saints played that way every game they played at home. It wasn't an off day for the defense, the secondary was just weak and the Saints took advantage of it. Look at NOs offensive numbers at home and tell me it was a fluke.

However, NO couldn't take care of it's business and that's why the Panthers won the division. They deserved it.

Okay.

So the Saints didn't dominate both games?

Both teams have to play in the same weather but it certainly benefitted the panthers significantly.

I'm not going to say I think the teams are evenly matched to appease a few sensitive Panty fans in RC. Especially when they clearly aren't.

The Panthers will be third at best in the division. Any Saints fan pretending to afraid of the Panthers is just trying to play nice in the sandbox.

Wow to think I tried to give the Saints credit smh

You give credit where it's due, not because you do or don't like their fans lol. I'm not gonna say the Saints dominated both games, because at the end of the day all that matter is the scoreboard. The Panthers DESERVED the second game. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I just didn't like how he tried to discredit what we did in the first game. It was a grade A *** kicking that just about every team that came to NO got. An lets not pretend Panthers fans don't say the same thing about that secondary. It was full of average to below average players, playing behind the best front 7 in football. They couldn't pressure Brees the first game and he tore them apart.

In the Dome the Panthers were not allowed to play physical football. When only one team is allowed to play physical football.. you get a blowout like the one that happened.

At BOA.........both teams were allowed to play physical football... both teams were allowed to hit em hard....without the fear of drawing a flag every other play.

Sometimes refs are a b1tch........ the ref that picked the flag up at BOA against the Pats, to end the game, for example. I loved it, but the Pats fans were claiming the Panthers were favored that game by the refs.........and...I would not really be able to argue against their claim.

New quarterbacks coach Danny Langsdorf has stated that he wants Eli Manning to complete 70 percent of his passes in 2014. Presumably, his referring to players wearing a Giants jersey

sjvjO.gif

I've only heard that joke about 1000 times since Danny made that statement.

Pox what is your opinion on Cam running? Should he stay in the pocket more?

Without Cam's running, we win maybe 7 games last year.

Our Oline isn't the best and against a good pass rush, they are on him like flies on sh1t..... his running kept plays alive and moved the chains for us when our WRs couldn't get open. Imo he stayed in the pocket too much last year, trying to fit the stereotype. There was a few times where guys were swarming around him, and he had a lane open, but instead of running, he would sit in the pocket, waiting for a WR to get open. He ended up either taking a sack or taking a nasty hit.

I know he's wanting to stay in the pocket more...........and I don't mind it IF....we have the Oline to keep him protected and the WRs that are able to get a little distance.

If the LT struggles a lot this season.....I want Cam to run as much as he can.. when he runs he runs smart.. Rather that than take blindside hit after blindside hit.

In the Dome the Panthers were not allowed to play physical football. When only one team is allowed to play physical football.. you get a blowout like the one that happened.

At BOA.........both teams were allowed to play physical football... both teams were allowed to hit em hard....without the fear of drawing a flag every other play.

Sometimes refs are a b1tch........ the ref that picked the flag up at BOA against the Pats, to end the game, for example. I loved it, but the Pats fans were claiming the Panthers were favored that game by the refs.........and...I would not really be able to argue against their claim.

Someone's full of shyte.

sjvjO.gif

I've only heard that joke about 1000 times since Danny made that statement.

Yep. The guy is ******** for having those expectations though. 70% is extremely rare. To me, that implies that they are taking away basically all of Eli's deep options. Eli's bread and butter over the years have been going deep...even if he makes mistakes every now and then, every qb has mistakes every now and then.