Five Last Minute Trades The Atlanta Falcons Should Pursue

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble is, all the trades are hugely in favor of the Falcons- Why would KC give up a young stud OLB for a just a 1st round pick? GB doesn't have so much WR talent they can give one away, esp. such a young , cheap one. Indy giving up Fleener for nothing- none of them are realistic at all.

is this bleacher report?

The Posluzny one makes sense, though. I think the Jags would even do it for a 4th.

I really doubt Hageman or Jackson, and probably not even Babineaux, will be playing at DT except in sub 4-3 packages

None of these players play the same position as Justin Houston. He is best at an OLB spot in the 3-4 with small pinches at 4-3 DE. Think Biermann, Mass, and to a smaller extent Osi's role.

5) Jarrett Boykin, Wide Receiver, Green Bay Packers - Nah, don't see it as worth it

Additional option: Jon Baldwin, San Francisco 49ers - lol

4) Coby Fleener, Tight End, Indianapolis Colts - not worth what it would take

Additional option: Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagles - depends

3) Paul Posluzny, Inside Linebacker, Jacksonville Jaguars - too much money and I like our LBs

Additional option: Danny Trevathan, Denver Broncos - depends

2) Bruce Irvin, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Seattle Seahawks - not worth the compensation

Additional option: Dion Jordan, Miami Dolphins - ditto, been down this road already

1) Justin Houston, Edge Rusher, Kansas City Chiefs - would be worth it, but doubt they'd trade him

Additional option: Jabaal Sheard, Cleveland Browns - maybe

All of those with the exception of Boykins seem like desperation moves for a team one or two players away from being contenders which we are not. I can appreciate the thought and energy that went into this but I just think it's way off. I don't agree with the reasons you give for their current teams trading them

No, I think it was Fox, But I've read so many this morning I truly don't remember LOL

this was just food for thought as to filling out needs and using this cap space, Like I said my choice would be a center/guard

** as funny as this sounds I DON'T post everything I read!! facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

Article needs a link to source please.

Really! Do you really think this regime has the time to wait for draft picks to develop. They are gonna be on a very warm seat is this season does not go well and you want them to build. Get a clue Truth, Time to BO-LIEVE

Keep your chin up little guy! We may have failed with previous draft picks like Jelly and Konz, but the future is looking up. All you gotta do is......well, all you gotta do is BO-LIEVE!

No...build through the draft like most Championship teams

Hard to build through the draft when you swing and miss on so many draft picks.

Sam Baker

Chevis Jackson

Thomas DeCoud

Wilfrey Fontenot

Peria Jerry

Mike Johnson

Andrew Jackson

Peter Konz

Lamar Holmes

Chris Owens

Stansley Mopanga

Bradie Ewing

Kerry Meier

Charles Mitchell

Cliff Matthews

Akeem Dent

Thomas Brown

Keith Zinger

Robert James

Garrett Richards

Spencer Atkins

William Middleton

Lawrence Sidbury

Dominique Franks

Shann Schillinger

But somehow you get bashed for calling out Thomas Dimitroff as a horrible drafter when the facts are right there in front of you.

Sam Baker

Chevis Jackson

Thomas DeCoud

Wilfrey Fontenot

Peria Jerry

Mike Johnson

Andrew Jackson

Peter Konz

Lamar Holmes

Chris Owens

Stansley Mopanga

Bradie Ewing

Kerry Meier

Charles Mitchell

Cliff Matthews

Akeem Dent

Thomas Brown

Keith Zinger

Robert James

Garrett Richards

Spencer Atkins

William Middleton

Lawrence Sidbury

Dominique Franks

Shann Schillinger

But somehow you get bashed for calling out Thomas Dimitroff as a horrible drafter when the facts are right there in front of you.

I could nit-pick your list, but instead will just say...he's even worse in FA

Any player worth trading for the team has no reason to get rid of.

The Chiefs were undefeated when they had a pass rush. Then Houston and Hali got injured and they fell off a cliff.

Why would they possibly trade Houston, one of their best young players? For future picks? So they can suck again and lose all their momentum?

They would want 2 1st's and still probably wouldn't do it.

If they player is a difference maker they need them now, they don't want to get rid of them before the season.

I could see us trading for a RB if no one we like gets cut, a lot of teams have a lot more RB depth, if Jackson is really hurt I could see us trading a late pick to get a guy a team can't keep

Wow this is turrible

5. Douglas put up a rack with matt. I think matt will make his receivers look good, and not the other way around.

4. Toilolo was starting over fleener before injury. Nope

3. We already have a tackling machine, if anything we need depth and not to trade for another starter

2. I guess this makes sense but im weary since hes surrounded by other good players. Dont know if he could do it with minimal help

1. Almost liked this, but hes on his last year. Why not spend our first rounder on an edge rusher AND sign justin?

Nah @ buddy that wrote this

I could nit-pick your list, but instead will just say...he's even worse in FA

Yeh that 'Turner' guy was one of the worst FA pickups ever. Can't believe we got him for free and allowed him to be our feature back for 5 years - what a joke!!!

See the problem with most TD haters is they struggle to see his good moves also. I could show you 15 other gms that have similar good and bad moves. What I will say is that he started strong, went slow in the middle and has come home strong

Sam Baker

Chevis Jackson

Thomas DeCoud

Wilfrey Fontenot

Peria Jerry

Mike Johnson

Andrew Jackson

Peter Konz

Lamar Holmes

Chris Owens

Stansley Mopanga

Bradie Ewing

Kerry Meier

Charles Mitchell

Cliff Matthews

Akeem Dent

Thomas Brown

Keith Zinger

Robert James

Garrett Richards

Spencer Atkins

William Middleton

Lawrence Sidbury

Dominique Franks

Shann Schillinger

No, you get blasted for assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid and doesn't want the Falcons to win. Lots of posters here are critical of TD and don't catch nearly the flack you do.

About 3/4s of that list is late round picks- no GM hits on very many picks after the 3rd round.

TD and Smith have earned the right to another year or two.