Nfl Extra Point Experiment...

jb 3.0

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/31/nfl-extra-point-experiment-begins-at-the-hall-of-fame-game/

Starting with Sunday night’s Hall of Fame Game and through the second week of the preseason, teams will line up at the 15-yard line when kicking extra points. (Two-point conversion attempts will remain at the 2-yard line, and extra points will move back to the 2 for the third week of the preseason and throughout the regular season.)

Interesting stuff. Goodell's Philosophy, "If it aint broke, let's try and fix it anyway".rolleyes.gif

Punts and Kick offs will be removed from the game within the next two seasons.

They better not! Plus, you actually believe the players union would approve it? I don't believe they can make changes like that without prior approval of the union, same as the 18 game schedule Goodell's pushing.

They better not! Plus, you actually believe the players union would approve it? I don't believe they can make changes like that without prior approval of the union, same as the 18 game schedule Goodell's pushing.

I dont believe thats how it works.

18 games is asking the players to do more with the same pay. Thats NFLPA territory.

Safety with kicking and punting is the competition committee and they dont need the NFLPA if im remembering correctly.

Next year the Punters will hold the ball 15 yards deep and bark the candace. This way the Center can focus on protection so he doesn't get knocked over after looking thru his legs backwards.

Year after that, punters will remain on the sideline and use a video game console to simulate kickoffs, so no one actually gets hurt during the process. Injuries will be turned off in madden, not to send the wrong message to the youth.

so what happens if you want to fake a kicked extra point and go for 2?

you have to do that from the 15?

At this point, they plan on leaving it at the 2 yd line come the 3rd preseason game. Who knows what they'll do after this season. I'm hoping if there's a big enough outcry from the fans they'll realize WE are the ones paying them, and will leave it the heII alone!

At this point, they plan on leaving it at the 2 yd line come the 3rd preseason game. Who knows what they'll do after this season. I'm hoping if there's a big enough outcry from the fans they'll realize WE are the ones paying them, and will leave it the heII alone!

Has fans ever stopped goodell before? This is probably a vegas thing. if vegas hates it, they will scrap it. Cant piss off the rich who bet on games. No one cares about the petty fans (us).

so what happens if you want to fake a kicked extra point and go for 2?

you have to do that from the 15?

no, you announce you are faking and everyone moves to the goal line and pretends they don't know.