Was There Some Kind Of State Of The Franchise Event Last Night?

Tuggle'2

Just doing my normal rounds of Falcon news hunting and came across this on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.co...ranchise_thing/

I was able to video about a half dozen of the questions for the panel. I can upload them if there is interest.

It was Dimitrof, Smitty, Blank, and McKay. Some awesome stuff to hear.

I parked in the red deck and me and my friends were standing by the elevator talking afterwards and Mike Smith comes walking up to get on. We got a photo together and I told him, "Coach can we PLEASE beat the saints next month?" His reply was gold....he said, "That's the damn plan son!" He then high fived me as he got on the elevator.

Why have we not heard anything about this? Usually this kind of thing is talked about a lot! I had to check when it was posted like 5 times because I thought it was from February or something.

Whomever you are post that vid! laugh.png

I was gonna go--went last year and year before. Wasn't that impressed because a lot of the questions went to McKay and the new stadium. Was hoping to here more about how we were going to improve in general

Is there a link or podcast to the state of the franchise yesterday?

Edited by Nono

The event was held at the Georgia World Conference Center. The moderator was Chris Mortensen (ESPN) and the panel consisted of Blank, Dimitroff, Smith and McKay. Chris asked typical interview questions of the panel and got typical interview responses. Arthur Blank kept things light with interspersed humor throughout. Arthur, by the way, is recovering from a horseback incident and has a few cracked ribs.

The new Samuel L. Jackson Rise Up video spot was played, which the crowd seemed to enjoy, and later a 3-D montage of the new stadium, replete with falcons flying into the open roof, around the stadium and back out again.

There were a few questions from the audience on various topics ...

PSL's - McKay: The price structure will be announced later this year or early next. Each season ticket holder will get a chance to meet with ticketing staff (I believe he said one-on-one) to review the options. He suggested that there would be flexibility in the licensing that would allow everyone to participate.

Overcoming injuries - Dimitroff: As I recall, this question was what we were doing to ensure that we were better prepared to overcome the types of injuries we suffered last year. Somehow, the focus was on the offensive line. The answer included the mea culpa for overestimating the readiness of some of the players and how we now have nine guys with starting experience competing for those spots.

The amenities at the new stadium - The question was basically about what new and unique features would be incorporated into the design of the new stadium. McKay talked about the 60-foot tall video screen encircling the field, and the view of the city through the windows. He got a few laughs, and applause, when he said it wouldn't be like other places with a stupid pirate ship in the end zone. He also said that you would be able to travel between levels easily and that each level of seating would have its own unique features - like the 100-yard long bar on the upper level.

The disproportionately high cost of preseason games - McKay: The NFL is looking at a "flex-price" system that would reduce the cost of preseason games. When asked on followup, McKay said, no, there will not be any rebates for past preseason games.

Competition at various positions - I don't remember whether this question came from the audience or Mortensen, but Smitty said that "there will be competition at every position," and that no one had a spot locked up. At which point, Blank deadpanned, "number 2 has a spot locked up." Everyone laughed and he added, "...11, and 84 ... that leaves 50 more spots."

There are probably questions I'm missing but that's what I recall.

Overcoming injuries - Dimitroff: As I recall, this question was what we were doing to ensure that we were better prepared to overcome the types of injuries we suffered last year. Somehow, the focus was on the offensive line. The answer included the mea culpa for overestimating the readiness of some of the players and how we now have nine guys with starting experience competing for those spots.

First. Thanks a ton for posting. I used to love going to these when I have club tix.

I keep hearing this line "9 nfl starters on the O-Line." I don't mean to be negative, but I think 8 of those are the same guys who got blown up week in and week out last year. Yes, Mathews appears to be the real deal as expected, so props on tnat move. Asamoah should be solid, but that still leaves us 3 short of a solid O-Line.

Anybody heard anything on Mike Johnson? I hear he's listed at OG this year. He was supposed to start at RT last year but ankle break ended that. I saw him play well in "heavy" packages at TE in 2012. I'd like to know if he's a possible person to step up.

It's all about the O-Line this year. IMHO

Just doing my normal rounds of Falcon news hunting and came across this on Reddit.

Why have we not heard anything about this? Usually this kind of thing is talked about a lot! I had to check when it was posted like 5 times because I thought it was from February or something.

Whomever you are post that vid! laugh.png

What kind of administrator are you!!!!

ph34r.png

The event was held at the Georgia World Conference Center. The moderator was Chris Mortensen (ESPN) and the panel consisted of Blank, Dimitroff, Smith and McKay. Chris asked typical interview questions of the panel and got typical interview responses. Arthur Blank kept things light with interspersed humor throughout. Arthur, by the way, is recovering from a horseback incident and has a few cracked ribs.

The new Samuel L. Jackson Rise Up video spot was played, which the crowd seemed to enjoy, and later a 3-D montage of the new stadium, replete with falcons flying into the open roof, around the stadium and back out again.

There were a few questions from the audience on various topics ...

PSL's - McKay: The price structure will be announced later this year or early next. Each season ticket holder will get a chance to meet with ticketing staff (I believe he said one-on-one) to review the options. He suggested that there would be flexibility in the licensing that would allow everyone to participate.

The amenities at the new stadium - The question was basically about what new and unique features would be incorporated into the design of the new stadium. McKay talked about the 60-foot tall video screen encircling the field, and the view of the city through the windows. He got a few laughs, and applause, when he said it wouldn't be like other places with a stupid pirate ship in the end zone. He also said that you would be able to travel between levels easily and that each level of seating would have its own unique features - like the 100-yard long bar on the upper level.

The disproportionately high cost of preseason games - McKay: The NFL is looking at a "flex-price" system that would reduce the cost of preseason games. When asked on followup, McKay said, no, there will not be any rebates for past preseason games.

Competition at various positions - I don't remember whether this question came from the audience or Mortensen, but Smitty said that "there will be competition at every position," and that no one had a spot locked up. At which point, Blank deadpanned, "number 2 has a spot locked up." Everyone laughed and he added, "...11, and 84 ... that leaves 50 more spots."

Good stuff dude. Love the McKay shot at the Succs

First. Thanks a ton for posting. I used to love going to these when I have club tix.

I keep hearing this line "9 nfl starters on the O-Line." I don't mean to be negative, but I think 8 of those are the same guys who got blown up week in and week out last year. Yes, Mathews appears to be the real deal as expected, so props on that move. Asamoah should be solid, but that still leaves us 3 short of a solid O-Line.

Anybody heard anything on Mike Johnson? I hear he's listed at OG this year. He was supposed to start at RT last year but ankle break ended that. I saw him play well in "heavy" packages at TE in 2012. I'd like to know if he's a possible person to step up.

It's all about the O-Line this year. IMHO

Yeah, I hear you. The right side is new, but the left - not so much. The expectations are that Matthews is solid enough to fend for himself, and with two good guards around Hawley, or whomever wins the battle at Center, the combination will be able to shore up the middle. That leaves Baker to get back to form. If he's healthy, he can be competent.

Needless to say, we'll all just have to wait and see what happens come August 8th.

What kind of administrator are you!!!!

ph34r.png

Being an Admin doesn't all of the sudden give me special powers about Falcon's news! :lol:

Being in Miami makes it kind of pointless to be a STH too. I was just very surprised we didn't hear any about this beforehand. Usually it's a big to do.

Thanks for the response Dardan. I am dying for the guy who met Smitty in the elevator to post his vid whomever he is.

Yeah, I'd like to see that, too. That's a great quote from Smitty. That reminds me that he also got some cheers when he said that while the players had the day off, the coaches were preparing for New Orleans.

Being an Admin doesn't all of the sudden give me special powers about Falcon's news! laugh.png

Being in Miami makes it kind of pointless to be a STH too. I was just very surprised we didn't hear any about this beforehand. Usually it's a big to do.

Yeah, good find! This really got me amped for Week 1. Why are we still a month away from real football???