Antone Smith Gets A Chance?

The Article about SJax's hamstring injury:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-running-back-steven-jackson-misses-practic/ngqdK/

"Behind Jackson, the Falcons have the dependable Jacquizz Rodgers and drafted Devonta Freeman in the fourth-round of the NFL draft.

Freeman, 5-foot-8, 206 pounds, rushed 173 times for 1,016 yards last season and became Florida State’s first 1,000-yard rusher since former Falcon Warrick Dunn accomplished that feat in 1996.

Smith is also more comfortable with backup running back Antone Smith, who flashed in spot duty last season."

Mike Smith speak with forked tongue......................?

You think?

For real?

I'd love to see A Smith get his chance.

However, I'll believe it when I see it.

Did anyone else get confused for a second by the two Smiths?

It's an easy mistake to make. I always keep them straight by remembering that Coach Mike went to Eastern Tennessee State, but Antone went to FSU. Otherwise, I would be hornswoggled, too.

Edited by NOVAFalconFan

I know he got injured at the end of the season, but it's very puzzling why he didn't get more touches prior to that. He must be invisible in pass protection, or flat out detrimental. I just don't get it

don't know.....its crazy.....even if he can't protect....run the guy, throw it to him.....do something!!!

they should give dude a chance in preseason.... and if he does he better run like the wind or else he will be gone like the wind ..... dry.png

Not so. He's an outstanding ST player. Having him and Roby gives us 2 really fast, really good gunners.

I'd still like to see what he could do running the ball.

Not so. He's an outstanding ST player. Having him and Roby gives us 2 really fast, really good gunners.

I'd still like to see what he could do running the ball.

all im saying is here is his chance and he better take advantage of it if he wants to be a part of this team or falcons may cut him later down the line

2 back set run play quizz and smith, quizz as a blocker and smith as the ball carrier, why cant they do that and come on because he cant catch or block... but does run extremely well why not use him a few plays a game. let him do what running backs are supposed to excel at smfh hes not a lead back but could have been useful and still can be . Coach smith isn't the brightest coach is he

Edited by SBFalcon

Seeing the speed this guy had the like 2 times he actually got the ball it's absolutely mind boggling he wasn't featured given the line couldn't block anyone at all, he can get by the front and get it to him in space. Instead they wanted to run the ball into DTs already in the backfield as soon as it's snapped with slow guys.