Patrick Peterson 5Yrs 70M 48 Guaranteed..trufant,alford?

GleasonForever!

So yea Cornerbaks are breaking the bank. Will be interesting if we can be able too afford Both Tru and Alford guessing that they will both ball out.

Mark Cuban said in about 5-10 years the NFL will be no more because of the greed. I dont think the league would end but by 2020 are you going to payy a player of Petersons caliber 5yr 100M?

@RealPeterson21: Happy to announce my 5 year extension with @AZCardinals! $70M and $48M Guaranteed!! #AZCardinals #P2Nation #YearOfTheCardinal

Edited by GleasonForever!

So yea Cornerbaks are breaking the bank. Will be interesting if we can be able too afford Both Tru and Alford guessing that they will both ball out.

Mark Cuban said in about 5-10 years the NFL will be no more because of the greed. I dont think the league would end but by 2020 are you going to payy a player of Petersons caliber 5yr 100M?

https://twitter.com/...327158831976448

@RealPeterson21: Happy to announce my 5 year extension with @AZCardinals! $70M and $48M Guaranteed!! #AZCardinals #P2Nation #YearOfTheCardinal

Cuban was talking about the executive greed leading to the saturation of football by trying to play the game on multiple days instead of just Sunday

That is a lot of money. Wow! I remember TD saying after he drafted Trufant and Alford that it might not have been smart to draft them the same year because he will have to pay them in the same year after their rookie deal. He kind of laughed, but I realized quickly that he was right. It will be extremely difficult to keep them both.

Not only will the cap grow, but things will level off. There's always going to be outliers and these huge contracts don't typically set a precedent as those players never make it to the end of their contracts anyways without a restructure or cut. I think like in the case of Graham, Sherman, and Earl Thomas (and in an extreme example, Revis) we're going to start seeing shorter contracts.

Depending on Peterson's contract, they might slot most of his guaranteed money into a year where they'll have a ton of cap from it going up or not being used, and if they can get rid of most it over the first 2 years, his base cap hit will only be like 4.4mil a year plus whatever of his guaranteed money doesn't fit into the extra or unused cap.

Edited by Mr. Lubba Lubba©

Reasons not to be worried:

While both are great, they are more of a duo than single players. Yes they can stand alone but they each possess skills that the other is deficient in. They make each other complete and a perfect match. If one were to test the market the price will not be out of the falcons range.

Secondly the NFL is the most financially balanced sport (IMHO)). Mainly because of the roster sizes. Teams know that they have to pay their best players but they also know that there are (52) other players who will be paid. Teams will not break the bank for every player, and those teams know that they don't need those over promised players when there hundreds of new guys coming into the league every year.

With that being said its highly likely we can keep both.

Yeah. Maybe its for the better.NFL had a good run. Maybe it will become like soccer. And the Super Bowl Champs of the america will go and face the best teams they have across the world lol. But yeah. Its crazy with these bank breaking contracts. They are giving money away

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting fact about the famous Mark Cuban. He finally made a net profit on the Dallas Mavericks! After years of owning the team, in 2013 he netted 13m. Compare to the NFL's small market Chiefs, owner Mark Hunt netted 380m. Cubans sinking in a small pond and should shut his ******* mouth. The MLS, CFL (Canada), MLB, and NHL all had a higher attendance average than the NBA. You can add them all together to reach the average NFL attendance.

One product is bar none superior and is crushing other sports by compared growth and revenue. The only sport on the raise is Soccer. That's the only sport not declining.

Edited by PeacefulBrees