Thoughts On Bills Sale?

Today is the deadline for interested parties to submit a bid for the Buffalo Bills. Among the expected bidders are locals Tom Golisano and Terry Pegula, Donald Trump, as well as Jon Bon Jovi, fronting a wealthy Toronto group.

Forbes has the Bills valued at $870M, but the sale price is expected to be in the $1.2B neighborhood. Do you think the Buffalo franchise is worth that much in economically tepid western New York, or is that price buoyed by the prospect of a future move to Toronto?

It'll probably pull in a decent chunk over $1B. The chance to own an NFL franchise is extremely slim.

I just hope the Bills fans get to keep their team in Buffalo. They are a loyal bunch, great fans. So if by a miracle the group with Bon Jovi in it buys the Bills... I hope they squash all their thoughts of moving the team to Toronto.

It'll probably pull in a decent chunk over $1B. The chance to own an NFL franchise is extremely slim.

I just hope the Bills fans get to keep their team in Buffalo. They are a loyal bunch, great fans. So if by a miracle the group with Bon Jovi in it buys the Bills... I hope they squash all their thoughts of moving the team to Toronto.

The fans are great. They put up with Wilson selling one home game per year to Toronto for a long time, although that revenue probably represented the majority of the franchise's profit number. Next year they won't have that windfall.

I don't want a team in Canada or anywhere else for that matter. Call me xenophobic but I just don't like the idea of the NFL being international. Keep the NFL in America where it belongs... anyway

This is how I've always felt. Canada I wouldn't mind because it's still in North America at least, and it wouldn't screw up the scheduling too much, if any. Whereas in Europe it's gonna be a fiasco with travel times and scheduling. I have a feeling the players union will have something to say about it, but if it involves increasing the number of players in the league, I can't see how the players union would be against it.

I don't want a team in Canada or anywhere else for that matter. Call me xenophobic but I just don't like the idea of the NFL being international. Keep the NFL in America where it belongs... anyway

Toronto is the 5th largest market in North America.....a lot closer to Atlanta than the west coast or central states.

Toronto is the 5th largest market in North America.....a lot closer to Atlanta than the west coast or central states.

It's still in Canada ay,

Keep the Bills in Buffalo. Those fans are loyal and as rabid as it gets.

Canada can have hockey and cheap drugs leave NFL football in the U.S.

'Murica

I disagree. Is it outgrowing Green Bay?

Green Bay is a unique situation, a publicly owned, non profit corporation. The NFL won't allow corporate ownership again. Buffalo made about $30M last year, half coming from selling a home game to Toronto, something they aren't doing this season. If the team is conservatively sold for $1B, is $3% at most an acceptable annual return on such a huge sum?

Green Bay is a unique situation, a publicly owned, non profit corporation. The NFL won't allow corporate ownership again. Buffalo made about $30M last year, half coming from selling a home game to Toronto, something they aren't doing this season. If the team is conservatively sold for $1B, is $3% at most an acceptable annual return on such a huge sum?

Definitely not a good ROI but we both know they profited more than that.

Let's say for discussion sake $30m was the number.

How they arriving at a value of $870+ million with that type of annual return?