Roddy's Contract Details

hjerry

This is only details for the extension. He was already making a 5mil base salary in 2014, with 1.325 in bonus money. So then, over the 4 years, he's averaging 5.75 in base salary, with the 1.325 + 7.55 in bonus. So then he's averaging 7.96875 total across 4 years.

It's still unclear what the exact year to year is.

Ah, i see. That makes much more sense.

I'm really not savvy at all with contracts and such. Not my area of expertise to be sure.

Well, I don't know for sure myself. I won't until the specifics are known, but if the "max value" being referenced there is for the entire extension, then that would line up.

So ,Roddy said earlier he has incentives based on production that could add 4-6 mil to the contract.

Also said:

"I'm getting a roster bonus this year of $3 million and my base is going to be $2 million, and then they're going to give me $5.5 million in March," White said. "So the for the next nine months, I'm going to get $10.5 million."

The three things we need to know are:

1. What is the bonus and is it spread evenly over 4 years for cap hit?

2. What is the base salary for each year?

3. What are the escalators and when do they kick-in?

According to Spotrac, the signing bonus is $7,550,000 and is being allocated at the rate of $1,887,500 per year over 4 years: 2014 through 2017. The base salary is $3,000,000 in 2014, $2,200,000 in 2015, $2,750,000 in 2016, and $3,000,000 in 2017. The cap hit is less than $5,000,000 in each year during the 3-year extension from 2015 through 2017, before possible incentives. The possible incentives TOTAL $8,500,000, but other than a $500,000 roster bonus in 2015, we are not sure in what year(s) and how the remaining incentives kick-in. A little more detail on the contract linked as follows:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/roddy-white/

So ,Roddy said earlier he has incentives based on production that could add 4-6 mil to the contract.

Also said:

"I'm getting a roster bonus this year of $3 million and my base is going to be $2 million, and then they're going to give me $5.5 million in March," White said. "So the for the next nine months, I'm going to get $10.5 million."

I would love to know what that's like. Just once.

The three things we need to know are:

1. What is the bonus and is it spread evenly over 4 years for cap hit?

2. What is the base salary for each year?

3. What are the escalators and when do they kick-in?

4g800.jpg

The only part of the contract that is guaranteed is the 7.55 mil signing bonus.

The only part of the contract that is guaranteed is the 7.55 mil signing bonus.

Pretty much what I had to guess. It doesn't make too much sense to sign an old WR to long term, but football contract is not guaranteed. Very reasonable contract for both sides.

TDiesel - Don't quite understand your figures. I thought the 4-year spread of the bonus had to be even (you have double in the first year - now this may be a bonus amt. from previous contract + prorated amt. from new contract?). Also, is the reporting bonus (for the three yrs. you show at 1.5 mil. per season accurate?

TDiesel - Don't quite understand your figures. I thought the 4-year spread of the bonus had to be even (you have double in the first year - now this may be a bonus amt. from previous contract + prorated amt. from new contract?). Also, is the reporting bonus (for the three yrs. you show at 1.5 mil. per season accurate?

White received a $7.55 milion signing bonus, which is the only guaranteed portion of the contract. In each extension year he is eligible for a series of roster bonuses depending on roster status.

In 2015 he will earn $750,000 for making the regular season active roster and up to $250,000 in gameday active roster bonuses as well as an offseason $500,000 roster bonus.

In 2016 and 2017 he will earn $1 million for making the regular season active roster and up to $500,000 in gameday active roster bonuses.

White can also earn an additional $8.5 million in escalators to his base salaries from 2015 to 2017. Base salaries of the contract are $3,000,000(2014), $2,200,000(2015), $2,750,000(2016), and $3,000,000(2017).