Study: Falcons Fans Near Middle Of The Pack In 2014

Study: Falcons fans near middle of the pack in 2014

Atlanta Falcons fans “rose up” from nearly the worst in 2013 to nearly middle of the pack in 2014, according to an annual study from Atlanta-based Emory University’sSports Marketing Analytics.

The Falcons have the No. 22 fan base out of 32 NFL teams. Last year, the team's fans were ranked No. 31.

The study also found Falcons' social media equity is lacking -- the team is 25th.

Emory said it bases its rankings on team box office revenues relative to team on-field success, market population, stadium capacity, median income, social media presence and other factors.

The Dallas Cowboys yet again have the No. 1 fan base.

Here’s how the Falcons’ division rival fan bases rank:

In terms of social media equity, here’s how the NFC South stacks up:

• No. 5 -- New Orleans Saints
  • No. 24 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • No. 25 -- Atlanta Falcons
  • No. 30 -- Carolina Panthers

http://www.bizjourna...ck-in-2014.html

You all share the same record the Bucs have the last 6 seasons, do you REALLY believe the Falcons would be selling out?

Christ, I forgot where I was.......Of Course You Do.rolleyes.gif

You're right, your team has been so horrible it's completely understandable nobody wants to go to your games. That doesn't affect anything he said however.

Americans are fricken fair weathered fans that's why. Did anyone know a Patriots fan before the year 2000? How about a Miami Heat fan before Lebron James? The masses just love to latch on to who ever is winning and personally I wouldn't care if we were 32nd every year in terms of fan popularity. Who want's a band wagon riding fan base anyway?(looking at you New Orleans)

These rankings mean about as much to me as that thing called the Pro Bowl. Both are a joke.

Americans are fricken fair weathered fans that's why. Did anyone know a Patriots fan before the year 2000? How about a Miami Heat fan before Lebron James? The masses just love to latch on to who ever is winning and personally I wouldn't care if we were 32nd every year in terms of fan popularity. Who want's a band wagon riding fan base anyway?(looking at you New Orleans)

These rankings mean about as much to me as that thing called the Pro Bowl. Both are a joke.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

After reading this I had a visual of a Mic dropping.lol

1C2DA4E4-F438-40C6-8BF3-F99D4705815E.jpg

As a person who lives in Miami, Heat fans are extremely passionate. They're not bandwagon here. Maybe the ones who don't live in Miami are but to call real Miamians bandwagon is wrong.