New Camp Observations!

I'm doing this because as a fan I know what it's like to not be able to make it to training camp and see things for yourself. So while attending I took notes on things they never mention in the boards or on AF.com. I hope you guys enjoy these I will do more after my next visit.

Desmond Trufant has gotten bigger, noticeably bigger.

Reedy is definately a speedster. He can run by anyone.

I truly believe Hester will be more involved with the offense, he looks like a reciever. On one play he litterally came off the line slapping Robert McClain in the head several times. It was funny but effective because it stopped McClain from holding him.

I also heard Nolan telling the backs to stop grabbing the recievers and told the whole defense to pay attention to what the offense was trying to do.

THE AMEOBA IS BACK!!! On one play our defense totally confused Matt (me too). They put McClain at nickel next to Rocky (Robert Alford) on the right. At the snap Alford picked up McClain's man (hester) and McClain picked Rocky's man (Roddy). Worrillow blitzed and Joplo Spied. The coverage and blitz forced Matt put the pocket but he could only make it so far.

There were several times where Steven Jackson was lined up outside, sometimes it was just a motion play.

During the signings, the crowd pused me over the rope and the head supervisor of security threatened to pull Matt Ryan if they kept pushing. They pushed me completely over and Matt was disappointed by the actions of the fans and was like "woah guys come on, calm down" he seemed like a dissopointed father lol. He signed my hat though.

I told Rocky that I liked the play he made on Roddy and he laughed and said thanks. He also got his hand smashed between Roddy and Lowery, it seemed to hurt like **** because he kept shaking his hand but eventually i guess it stopped hurting.

Lowery will definately be our starting saftey, he looks like a ballhawk. He is patient but aggressive. He busted through Roddy and Alford to make a interception. Thats the play that hurt Alford's hand.

Roddy and Alford collided on the field but because they didn't see each other lol but they got right up.

Our lines look very fiesty. I see now why Jake and kroy were scrapping. They weren't taking any **** from each other.

lastly I asked Dezmond Southward if he really had a 42inch vertical (as high as brent grimes) and he laughed an said yea. I asked because that man can really climb. Also he FAST but way bigger than I thought. Not much smaller than Wille Mo.

Edited by @zae2stomachs

Can't wait to see Nolan's scheme again. All he injuries last year forced him to adopt such a vanilla defense it was horrible to watch. Now we have our LEO back, plus a whole lot of young guys that can contribute if we lose a couple starters again. We'll have a big turnaround on D this year, i think.

I'm doing this because as a fan I know what it's like to not be able to make it to training camp and see things for yourself. So while attending I took notes on things they never mention in the boards or on AF.com. I hope you guys enjoy these I will do more after my next visit.

Desmond Trufant has gotten bigger, noticeably bigger.

Reedy is definately a speedster. He can run by anyone.

I truly believe Hester will be more involved with the offense, he looks like a reciever. On one play he litterally came off the line slapping Robert McClain in the head several times. It was funny but effective because it stopped McClain from holding him.

I also heard Nolan telling the backs to stop grabbing the recievers and told the whole defense to pay attention to what the offense was trying to do.

THE AMEOBA IS BACK!!! On one play our defense totally confused Matt (me too). They put McClain at nickel next to Rocky (Robert Alford) on the right. At the snap Alford picked up McClain's man (hester) and McClain picked Rocky's man (Roddy). Worrillow blitzed and Joplo Spied. The coverage and blitz forced Matt put the pocket but he could only make it so far.

There were several times where Steven Jackson was lined up outside, sometimes it was just a motion play.

During the signings, the crowd pused me over the rope and the head supervisor of security threatened to pull Matt Ryan if they kept pushing. They pushed me completely over and Matt was disappointed by the actions of the fans and was like "woah guys come on, calm down" he seemed like a dissopointed father lol. He signed my hat though.

I told Rocky that I liked the play he made on Roddy and he laughed and said thanks. He also got his hand smashed between Roddy and Lowery, it seemed to hurt like **** because he kept shaking his hand but eventually i guess it stopped hurting.

Lowery will definately be our starting saftey, he looks like a ballhawk. He is patient but aggressive. He busted through Roddy and Alford to make a interception. Thats the play that hurt Alford's hand.

Roddy and Alford collided on the field but because they didn't see each other lol but they got right up.

Our lines look very fiesty. I see now why Jake and kroy were scrapping. They weren't taking any **** from each other.

lastly I asked Dezmond Southward if he really had a 42inch vertical (as high as brent grimes) and he laughed an said yea. I asked because that man can really climb. Also he FAST but way bigger than I thought. Not much smaller than Wille Mo.

A day after Pat Angerer stated that it was the first time in a long time that he saw no fans pushing around for autographs! D*** it fans!

Thanks for the report!

A few years back, I remember some players on some team on TV (it might have been Hard Knocks) putting a rookie up to starting a fight at TC to get everybody riled up. I wonder if that was the case with Jacques Smith.

Thanks for the info, brah.

Would love to see a lot of ameoba D Game 1!

I think The Saints won't have any idea how to prepare for our defense. We are going to throw the kitchen sink at them as we did Peyton Manning when he threw 3 picks in total confusion.

With these new veterans, CBs who can single cover, and the other younguns starting the blossom I think Nolan can do things he was never able to before here.

I think The Saints won't have any idea how to prepare for our defense. We are going to throw the kitchen sink at them as we did Peyton Manning when he threw 3 picks in total confusion.

With these new veterans, CBs who can single cover, and the other younguns starting the blossom I think Nolan can do things he was never able to before here.

Thats the Falcons one advantage and dammit they had better use it to it's fullest, I don't give a chit if they run stuff they don't run again the rest of the year. Throw some new chit out there use the new guys on defense and offense for that matter.

Watching the NFL network on past Super Bowls and can't remember they play but the Cowboys ran it once the first game of the season and didn't run it again till the NFC Championship game I want the Falcons playbook to have that kind of depth on both sides of the ball.

Devonta Freeman demonstrated his explosiveness all afternoon. Every time he touched the ball, he seemed to burst through the line or demonstrate his quickness. If he continues this way, he could earn some meaningful snaps during the season.

One last thought: of all the offensive formations I saw today, very few featured a full-back. Almost all of them featured 1RB with the rest of the skill positions occupied by WRs and/or TEs. This could signal a change for the offense, though I'm hesitant to make any conclusions this early.

Stole this from TheFalcoholic and one of their training camp observations. I thought it was interesting. Freeman did most of his work in sets like that at FSU. Something I will be watching closely in camp and preseason.

Can't wait....

Best news I have heard, hopefully the hype of our corners are Tru and can sit on islands.

Also if Southward and Bartu can both cover TEs we can disguise even more.

Versatility is the key for Nolan players.