Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caveman

Ryan Vs. Brees - Their Battle Will Define Both Careers

76 posts in this topic

Brees is generally regarded as an elite QB and has proven himself over a number of years - including a Superbowl victory. He just said he could play for another ten years. Well, if he holds-up for four or five yrs. AND makes it to another SB, then he could be talking about HOF.

On the other hand, Ryan can reach elite status if he continues to progress and has superior talent around him.

So - Let the battle begin!

4 years max...after that he would be a hired hand/ favre in Minnesota type player....he is not peyton manning he is a product of a great sean peyton system....he will be replaced after this contract

Lol, I am not trying to be a troll, but why would Brees have to worry about 'battling' Matt Ryan for stats, HOF, etc? I don't see how Brees is on the decline either. The Taints always have a pretty good offense.

Brees is generally regarded as an elite QB and has proven himself over a number of years - including a Superbowl victory. He just said he could play for another ten years. Well, if he holds-up for four or five yrs. AND makes it to another SB, then he could be talking about HOF.

On the other hand, Ryan can reach elite status if he continues to progress and has superior talent around him.

So - Let the battle begin!

Saints troll?

trudweathers likes this

I don't see how Brees is on the decline either. The Taints always have a pretty good offense.

If you can stomach watching Ain't games you should rewatch a few from last year. Brees was noticeably worse outside and let quite a few deep balls get away from him. Those are usually the early warning signs of an aging QB. He's still a great QB obviously but... the signs are there.

If you can stomach watching Ain't games you should rewatch a few from last year. Brees was noticeably worse outside and let quite a few deep balls get away from him. Those are usually the early warning signs of an aging QB. He's still a great QB obviously but... the signs are there.

Or the signs of nobody getting open hence the reason we drafted the guy in my username

Who's he supposed to throw to?

For what its worth, The line has been the worst its even been in the Payton-Brees Era. There were a few games where he looks like he had lost some zip on the ball. His armstrengh looked weaker but he can compensate in other ways. He got beat the **** up last year though. sacked 37 times which is above the normal mid 20's and I'm fairly certain he got hit a lot more. If those problems persist he wont make it to 45 lol

KGrillz likes this

the battle will define who rules the NFC south!! not historically for brees's career....he has a bigger body of work....but the division king is up for grabs

Or the signs of nobody getting open hence the reason we drafted the guy in my username

Who's he supposed to throw to?

I'm not talking about throws he didn't make, i'm talking about the balls that floated on him when he did have good looks, and there were a lot last year compared to past seasons.
Sauce Castieaux likes this

Brees has a couple more good years in him. He is visibly slowing down. Still good, but not scary as he used to be. He's been blessed with a great OL unlike Matt.

An average Brees is still a damm good QB. We will have to put him on his azz early and often if the Falcons want to disrupt his game. I think come September, you'll see a whole different type of Atlanta Falcons football.

An average Brees is still a damm good QB. We will have to put him on his azz early and often if the Falcons want to disrupt his game. I think come September, you'll see a whole different type of Atlanta Falcons football.

Brees is a shining example of how a great OL can make or break a QB. Brady has the same luxury.

Brees is a shining example of how a great OL can make or break a QB. Brady has the same luxury.

Yup And the bad o line "broke" him all the way to 39 tds and 5,000 yards

Quit your bitching you can't have great wide receivers and lines. Go tell smitty he should have drafted an o lineman instead of Julio and traded for a LT instead of Gonzo then

Just because a guy went to a pro bowl doesn't mean their great

Yup And the bad o line "broke" him all the way to 39 tds and 5,000 yards

Quit your bitching you can't have great wide receivers and lines. Go tell smitty he should have drafted an o lineman instead of Julio and traded for a LT instead of Gonzo then

Just because a guy went to a pro bowl doesn't mean their great

I really don't understand some fan's mindset. I see it all the time with Panther fans; they're so eager to make their QB into the best of all time they disrespect every player around him.

I really don't understand some fan's mindset. I see it all the time with Panther fans; they're so eager to make their QB into the best of all time they disrespect every player around him.

Not my fault you overrate the players around him

Not my fault you overrate the players around him

It's always laughable when the opposition comes to try and talk shlt. It's way past your bedtime, little buddy. I'm sure your mom is ready to have the computer back.

PokerSteve likes this

the battle will define who rules the NFC south!! not historically for brees's career....he has a bigger body of work....but the division king is up for grabs

No.

The division will be determined by defenses. Not Qb. Otherwise The Saints would have won the division last season.

The division is building up their defenses because all the teams know.

Seahawks vs Broncos in the SB was the ultimate showing and fight of Defense vs Offense.

4 years max...after that he would be a hired hand/ favre in Minnesota type player....he is not peyton manning he is a product of a great sean peyton system....he will be replaced after this contract

he was a pro bowler before Payton throwing to Keenan McCardell, Antoine Caldwell, and Antonio Gates

they just point out the obvious deficiencies around their QB...it happens here also, we have thread on thread about the lack of an o-line and how little of a weapon Gonzo is...

This is by far one of the most homerized posts I have ever seen....SMH....

When I think of Brees I think of a QB that has proven his worth.

When I think of Ryan I think of a QB that hasn't proved his worth.