Sec 2014 Predictions Thread

SacFalcFan

I think UGA/SCAR would be a tossup in Athens, but I think that game being in Columbia puts that one in their favor. Hopefully will be a good game. I'm glad Shaw's not going to be there.

usce is going to have a lot of issues this year defensively.. they are going to move toward playing the 3-4 because their personnel is not able to run the 4-3. they are going to have to blitz to get pressure since they don't have the ends and dline they had in years past. if you talk to usce fans who know their team they will tell you they are concerned with generating a pass rush and they should be. also it's not a good sign they are changing their scheme because of personnel. that is usually a struggle especially early in the season. it will be interesting for sure.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take:

SEC East

1. Georgia (12-0)

2. South Carolina (9-3) - losses to UGA, AU, FLA

3. Tennessee (7-5) - losses to OKLA, UGA, MISS, ALA, SC

4. Florida (7-5) - losses to ALA, TENN, LSU, UGA, FSU

5. Missouri (7-5) - losses to SC, UGA, FLA, TX AM, TENN

6. Kentucky (4-8) - wins over OOC (but LOU) and VAN

7. Vanderbilt (4-8) - wins over OOC

SEC West

1. Alabama (12-0)

2. Ole Miss (9-3) - losses to ALA, LSU, ARK

3. Mississippi State (9-3) - losses to LSU, ALA, MISS

4. Auburn (8-4) - losses to MSU, MISS, UGA, ALA

5. LSU (8-4) - losses to WISC, AU, ALA, TX AM

6. Texas A&M (7-5) - losses to SC, MSU, MISS, ALA, AU

7. Arkansas (4-8) - wins over OOC (but TX TECH) and MISS

SEC Champions: Georgia over Alabama

Coach of the Year: Hugh Freeze (MISS)

Offensive POY: RB Todd Gurley (UGA)

Defensive POY: S Landon Collins (ALA)

Difference in the SEC Championship Game is Hutson Mason - Alabama gears to stop the run and Mason has a big game against Alabama's young secondary.

My take:

SEC East

1. Georgia (12-0)

SEC West

1. Alabama (12-0)

Difference in the SEC Championship Game is Hutson Mason - Alabama gears to stop the run and Mason has a big game against Alabama's young secondary.

Wow...I'll go with this guy. We definitely agree on Mizzou. Some folks have them taking the East. Seen on SEC network a dude has USC taking SEC Championship. I don't believe in their D this year. And I don't believe in Mizzou at all, not as far as being champion ship caliber.

Edited by Dawggone

My take:

SEC East

1. Georgia (12-0)

SEC West

1. Alabama (12-0)

If this happened I would kiss you.

Well that was... Unexpected. I'm certainly taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude toward our secondary this year, and we have some seriously tough receivers to head up against.

I don't think anybody would blame a Bama pick regardless of affiliation.

I am putting a lot of stock in Pruitt overhauling that defense. Georgia certainly has all of the pieces on offense. For me, I expect Mason and Alabama's QBs to be greatly benefitted by a tremendous supporting case at the other skill positions.

The team that is most difficult for me to predict is Auburn. They may have a better team than 2013 and still have as many as 4 losses - that is where I have them obviously. If the ball bounces in their direction again, they certainly have the talent for another run at a championship though.

I am putting a lot of stock in Pruitt overhauling that defense. Georgia certainly has all of the pieces on offense. For me, I expect Mason and Alabama's QBs to be greatly benefitted by a tremendous supporting case at the other skill positions.

The team that is most difficult for me to predict is Auburn. They may have a better team than 2013 and still have as many as 4 losses - that is where I have them obviously. If the ball bounces in their direction again, they certainly have the talent for another run at a championship though.

I've seen studies that a lot of luck is involved with winning close games. Auburn's close game record last year was impeccable, even with that scary offense.

streaks are made to be broken. i feel very good about that game after looking at the teams involved in that game.

I agree with that but just in the past few years we haven't done so well in BIG road/neutral site games (excluding UF). I would defintiely like to see USC's streak end along with our poor performances on the road in recent years.

My take:

SEC East

1. Georgia (12-0)

SEC West

1. Alabama (12-0)

Seriously?? Auburn losing to both Mississippi teams in the same year? Has that ever happened before? I realize you're an Alabama fan but c'mon dude, both Mississippi teams?

EDIT: Yes I realize it happened in 2012 and it took the worst Auburn team in decades for it to happen.

Edited by Falconsfan567™

Mississippi State is returning a lot of players. Dak Prescott is a threat both in the air and on the ground. He has a solid group of running back to help him on the ground. If our receivers improve over last year performance, it will be a tough offense to stop. Defensively, State should be strong in this area. Chris Jones is a beast and he actually will have some helps on the outside. We have one experience LB returning in McKinney. The DBs are really talented and they have speed.

Mississippi State is returning a lot of players. Dak Prescott is a threat both in the air and on the ground. He has a solid group of running back to help him on the ground. If our receivers improve over last year performance, it will be a tough offense to stop. Defensively, State should be strong in this area. Chris Jones is a beast and he actually will have some helps on the outside. We have one experience LB returning in McKinney. The DBs are really talented and they have speed.

Both games will be tough, especially with both of them being road games but there's no way I see Auburn losing both, maybe one but not both. Auburn has struggled against QB's that can run so Prescott will be a threat there.

I like the Mississippi schools against Auburn for a few reasons: 1) Mississippi State seems to always give Auburn fits, even their best teams; 2) Auburn is on the road for both games; 3) Ole Miss and Mississippi State both run up-tempo so they are a little more suited to defend it; and 4) I have those losses coming the game after what I have predicted as the two biggest wins for Auburn - LSU and South Carolina (letdown effect).

I like the Mississippi schools against Auburn for a few reasons: 1) Mississippi State seems to always give Auburn fits, even their best teams; 2) Auburn is on the road for both games; 3) Ole Miss and Mississippi State both run up-tempo so they are a little more suited to defend it; and 4) I have those losses coming the game after what I have predicted as the two biggest wins for Auburn - LSU and South Carolina (letdown effect).

Alright, at least you have some pretty sound reasoning here.

just doing a top 3 in each division

East

1. Georgia 10-2 losses to Tennessee and USC...though 11-1 is more likely

2. USC 9-3 losses to TAMU, Auburn, Florida

3. Tennessee 8-4 losses to Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Alabama, Mizzou

West

1. Alabama 12-0

2. Ole Miss 10-2 losses to Alabama and LSU

3. LSU 9-3 losses to Alabama, Auburn, Florida

SEC East

1. Georgia (12-0)

3. Florida (8-4) - losses to ALA, , LSU, UGA, FSU

4. Missouri (8-5) - losses to SC, UGA, FLA, UCF

5. Tennessee (6-6) - losses to OKLA, UGA, MISS, ALA, SC.Mizzou, Ole Miss

SEC West

1. Alabama (12-0)

2. Ole Miss (9-3) - losses to ALA, , LSU

Defensive POY: Danielle Hunter (LSU)

( I may need to hit a few Blue Moons this afternoon after picking the Dogs to go 12-0, but if they can get past the OBC in Columbia, stay healthy, play well against agent Muschamp, and remember "the Prayer"...then it happens....focus is the key for the Dogs in Columbia)

jordan jenkins is a legit contender for defensive player of the year. he is going to have a terrific season.

I think so as well, but I made that pick earlier off the top of my head without much thought. If Prewitt stays healthy, I believe he will have an amazing season.