Final College Football 4

Alright I have to make an update of this...

1.Texas A&M- most dominant team in the NCAA right now

2.Notre Dame-They are way better with Everett than without him. I think they'll end up with 1 loss, but they should get a nice nod considering they're playing the hardest scheule in college football this year

3.Michigan State-Aside from Penn State they should win out. Luckily their only loss came to Oregon early in the season

4.Baylor- best offense in the country! I think they'll lose one game to a WVU or OK but they should be the best in the Big12 so they should snag a 4th seed.

What's yours now 4 weeks are in the books?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too hard to say right now for me.

The only way Mich State makes it in my opinion is if they dominate the rest of their schedule and win the Big 10.

If I had to take a stab at it now I'd probably predict Florida State, Baylor, Auburn, Oregon. A lot will change between now and then though and I think the SEC will work two teams into the picture. It should become a big debate this season with no one really stamping their seal until December.

Alright I have to make an update of this...

1.Texas A&M- most dominant team in the NCAA right now

2.Notre Dame-They are way better with Everett than without him. I think they'll end up with 1 loss, but they should get a nice nod considering they're playing the hardest scheule in college football this year

3.Michigan State-Aside from Penn State they should win out. Luckily their only loss came to Oregon early in the season

4.Baylor- best offense in the country! I think they'll lose one game to a WVU or OK but they should be the best in the Big12 so they should snag a 4th seed.

What's yours now 4 weeks are in the books?

Notre Dame has the hardest schedule in college football this year? When are they playing Texas A&M, Alabama or Auburn? When are they playing Oregon, Michigan State or Oklahoma?

Notre Dame has the hardest schedule in college football this year? When are they playing Texas A&M, Alabama or Auburn? When are they playing Oregon, Michigan State or Oklahoma?

So far the mighty fighting Irish have played

Rice-Won impressively

Michigan- Michigan was a favorite to appear in the big10 title game after Braxton's injury and they won 31-0

Purdue-Win impressively

Now they have remaining

Syracuse-Easy W

STANFORD-Top 10 team

North Carolina-Dark horse ACC contender arguably a top 25 team by years end

Florida State- number 1 team in the nation

Navy-Navy always puts together a good team. Plus it's at Navy

Arizona state-another hovering top 25 team

Northwestern-another hovering top 25 team

Louisville- easily a top 25 team and possible ACC championship could be on the way

USC-Another top 10-15 team

Say what you want, but that's tough^^^^

Rice-Won impressively

Michigan- Michigan was a favorite to appear in the big10 title game after Braxton's injury and they won 31-0

Purdue-Win impressively

Now they have remaining

Syracuse-Easy W

STANFORD-Top 10 team

Louisville- easily a top 25 team and possible ACC championship could be on the way

They definitely don't play an easy schedule, but I think you are overestimating it a little. Purdue and Rice are pretty bad, Michigan isn't that great this year, UNC just gave up 70 points this weekend, and Northwestern is bad this year. But the other games are tough.

Rice-Won impressively

Purdue-Win impressively

Now they have remaining

Syracuse-Easy W

STANFORD-Top 10 team

Rice and Purdue both suck major balls and Michigan just lost at home to Utah 26-10 and the game wasn't as close as that score. So they're 3-0 against 3 bad teams.

North Carolina is a darkhorse team? They just gave up 70 points to East Carolina. ECU is good but not that good. They also had to survive scares against Liberty and San Diego State. UNC is not a good team by any means.

Northwestern is 1-2 with home losses to Cal (2-1) and Northern Illinois (3-1) and a less than impressive win against Western Illinois.

Still too early to know anything about Louisville in my opinion but they could be a top 25 team.

USC is not a top 10-15 team. They got the crap beat out of them by Boston College and BC hasn't been good since 2007 when they still had Matty Ice.

FSU is ranked #1 but 5th in ESPN's power index. Who is ahead of them? Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn, and Georgia.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

It's not unprecedented to see a 2nd SEC team inside the top 5 at the end of the regular season. The question just remains, will they put a non champion into the playoff over a conference winner.

I can't see 2 SEC teams making it...

I see a Auburn vs Georgia SEC Championship game, but Texas A&M in a close second!

Then I have UGA beating Auburn which send TAMU into the playoff.

If UGA won the SEC championship, they would almost certainly make the playoff (unless they lose another game in your scenario) rather than TAMU.

Won't argue that lol but it definitely won't be Florida. Driskel and that defense are trash.

Exactly. Every single year, Driskel is chosen as the breakout candidate of the year and every single year he is terrible. Can people finally admit he is a bust? I remember when he was a recruit. When he committed to Florida, he instantly became a 5*, even though he had like 5 TD's and 6 INT's at that point against terrible HS competition. Lol.

Edited by KGDawg710

Exactly. Every single year, Driskel is chosen as the breakout candidate of the year and every single year he is terrible. Can people finally admit he is a bust? I remember when he was a recruit. When he committed to Florida, he instantly became a 5*, even though he had like 5 TD's and 6 INT's at that point against terrible HS competition. Lol.

gator homer aschoff has named jeff driskel the sec breakout candidate yearly.. when you talk to him about it he won't talk about it now because it's obvious jeff d is garbage. i told this story a few times, but a friend of mine covers recruiting for the gators for another site and when UF was recruiting jeff d and got him my friend kept telling me that jeff would be a horrible bust for them. he liked brissett a lot more. his reasoning was jeff d has the physical ability, but he was missing a lot between his ears and questioned his leadership ability. he said jeff would have a hard time making good decisions and learning what he needed to do in playing qb at the next level. EVERYTHING he said about jeff d was dead on.

gator homer aschoff has named jeff driskel the sec breakout candidate yearly.. when you talk to him about it he won't talk about it now because it's obvious jeff d is garbage. i told this story a few times, but a friend of mine covers recruiting for the gators for another site and when UF was recruiting jeff d and got him my friend kept telling me that jeff would be a horrible bust for them. he liked brissett a lot more. his reasoning was jeff d has the physical ability, but he was missing a lot between his ears and questioned his leadership ability. he said jeff would have a hard time making good decisions and learning what he needed to do in playing qb at the next level. EVERYTHING he said about jeff d was dead on.

When I saw them both play it was clear to me that Jacoby Brissett was the better player.

i remember Driskell was the right handed Tebow coming into florida. Though in his defense having 3 coordinators running 3 differemt systems has really set him back in his development. I don't think he had the potential to be a heisman candidate but I do think if Dan Mullen could have developed him in his system he would've made a good QB. He just isn't cut out to be a drop back passer.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright upset weekend struck ladies an gentlemen... Now who do y'all have in the final 4?

1.Baylor- Most dominant offense in the country, and I expect them to be the ONLY undefeated team in the NCAA by years end.

2.Notre Dame- Down goes the mighty Cardinals. Now all they gotta do is topple Northwestern,FSU,and USC an they are in. I can honestly see them also being undefeated, but just in case I got the fighting irish cashed in at #2

3.Ole Miss-That defense is dominant. Their offense may not be high flying, but man does that defense make up for it! If they can continue with that type of play on D an their consistently putting up 20-30 points a game then they should be ok in the SEC.

4.Penn State- Thats right I'm calling it! They only have 1 loss (to a Darkhorse BIG10 team), and from here on out I got their Heisman hopeful QB winning out for them. Go State Go!

Edited by DB#11_And_The_Polls

Alright upset weekend struck ladies an gentlemen... Now who do y'all have in the final 4?

1.Baylor- Most dominant offense in the country, and I expect them to be the ONLY undefeated team in the NCAA by years end.

2.Notre Dame- Down goes the mighty Cardinals. Now all they gotta do is topple Northwestern,FSU,and USC an they are in. I can honestly see them also being undefeated, but just in case I got the fighting irish cashed in at #2

3.Ole Miss-That defense is dominant. Their offense may not be high flying, but man does that defense make up for it! If they can continue with that type of play on D an their consistently putting up 20-30 points a game then they should be ok in the SEC.

4.Penn State- Thats right I'm calling it! They only have 1 loss (to a undefeated BIG10 team), and from here on out I got their Heisman hopeful QB winning out for them. Go State Go!

I think you better back off the "most dominate offense in the country" statement a little bit when talking about Baylor. Before Saturday I would have said the same thing but not after how poorly they performed against the same Texas defense that got humiliated by BYU. Bryce Petty was just 7-for-22 passing for 111 yards.

Ole Miss does have an insane defense but Auburn's isn't far behind and Auburn has a much better offense. Auburn's schedule is just killer.

My final four are

1. Mississippi State

2. Notre Dame (as much as it pains the heIl outta me to say this.)

3. Oklahoma

4. Auburn

there are no undefeated big 10 teams. they lost to a 2 loss northwestern team and there is no way penn state makes it into the playoff. unless michigan state wins out there won't be a big 10 team in the playoff.

Shoot my bad.. I guess Thats what I get for taking Mark May's word for it instead of looking it up....

I'm trying to figure out how Driskell was the number one QB coming out of high school. He wasn't that good in high school to me. I believe his team wasn't anything to fear either.

I remember he jumped from like a low four star to a five star the second he committed to Florida, even though his numbers were terrible so far that year.

• 2 months later...