Roddy White

Roddy is already the Falcon all time leader in receptions and receiving yards. He only needs three TDs to become the all time Falcon leader in that category. He has a chance to reach the top all time NFL receivers in receptions and receiving yards. He only needs 315 receptions and 4341 yards. It's possible he can achieve that before his new deal expires. He would have to average 79 receptions and 1085 yards per season to do so. That will be tough but doable. He is 32 years old and turns 33 on November 2nd. He will be 36 years old at the end of his current contract. If you look at the all time NFL leading receivers, most did not start their decline until they were 36 years old. That makes the length of his new deal almost perfect.

TOP NFL Receiver's Age At Start of Decline

Rice - 41

Owens - 36

Moss - 34

Bruce - 35

Brown - 36

Harrison - 35

Lofton - 36

Carter - 36

Ellard - 36

Ward - 36

I can't make threads because I don't have 100 posts, but can someone spread this? Most likely why DJ was released. Apparently I can't post pics either buy he was arrested yesterday.

Yesterday?

Have a link to that? His mug shot says May 25th for his DUI.

Maybe he skipped court like a fool if he were arrested again.

Love some Roddy! Guy is a true Falcon through and through.

It's "do able", no doubt. I don't think he does it though. Would love it if he did.

It will hard to do in four seasons. You would expect his production to start declining in that fourth year. That is, if he plays the fourth year. He's recently said he wants to play three more years.

Roddy is already the Falcon all time leader in receptions and receiving yards. He only needs three TDs to become the all time Falcon leader in that category. He has a chance to reach the top all time NFL receivers in receptions and receiving yards. He only needs 315 receptions and 4341 yards. It's possible he can achieve that before his new deal expires. He would have to average 79 receptions and 1085 yards per season to do so. That will be tough but doable. He is 32 years old and turns 33 on November 2nd. He will be 36 years old at the end of his current contract. If you look at the all time NFL leading receivers, most did not start their decline until they were 36 years old. That makes the length of his new deal almost perfect.

TOP NFL Receiver's Age At Start of Decline

Rice - 41

Owens - 36

Moss - 34

Bruce - 35

Brown - 36

Harrison - 35

Lofton - 36

Carter - 36

Ellard - 36

Ward - 36

Nice post :)

I can't wait to see him on the field again. He has been a part of this team for so long, and his injury last year was a reminder that he's not getting younger. Except for the first few years (remember how people wanted him cut here on TATF) he has been a joy to watch.

Thanks for reminding me, that 32 isn't too old for a receiver. I hope he can play for us in years to come - He will be missed, when he decides it's time to quit.

Wait, I'm confused. This is talking about Roddy becoming all time leader in NFL receiving yards and receptions right? Pro football reference list Roddy at 9436 in yards and 685 in receptions, with Rice leading with 22895 in yards and 1549 in receptions.

Edit: Upon further analysis, I understand what was intended. You meant that he has a chance to become "top 10" in those categories.

Also, while he only needs 3 more TDs to become the all time Falcons leader in "receiving" TDs, he needs 7 more to become the Falcon all time leader in TDs of any type, and Turner currently holds that record with 61. Either way, I'm sure that he'll pass that this year.

Also, one thing that you have to keep in mind here, is that some of the people ahead of him, are still active, which will make it difficult to close the gap. Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Jason Witten among them.

Wait, I'm confused. This is talking about Roddy becoming all time leader in NFL receiving yards and receptions right? Pro football reference list Roddy at 9436 in yards and 685 in receptions, with Rice leading with 22895 in yards and 1549 in receptions.

Edit: Upon further analysis, I understand what was intended. You meant that he has a chance to become "top 10" in those categories.

Also, while he only needs 3 more TDs to become the all time Falcons leader in "receiving" TDs, he needs 7 more to become the Falcon all time leader in TDs of any type, and Turner currently holds that record with 61. Either way, I'm sure that he'll pass that this year.

Also, one thing that you have to keep in mind here, is that some of the people ahead of him, are still active, which will make it difficult to close the gap. Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Jason Witten among them.

Yeah I could have been clearer by stating Top 10 all time WRs. And you're right the bar will be moving with six active WRs ahead of him and still producing. The thing is Roddy is younger than all of them except Fitz, and should be around longer, unless he suffers from injury or decides to retire early.