Nigeria And Neighbours Form New Force To Fight Boko Haram (Bbc Article)

Herr Beast

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28460909

BBC article from yesterday.

People tend to look at ISIS/ISIL and Hamas, but many parts of Northern/West Africa is under attack by various militant islamist groups:

_71555635_terror_groups_in_africa_2_624.gif

Why are those countries left alone fighting for themselfes? The only country intervening was France (in Mali) for crying out loud. And knowing the weak state of many African governments, there is a real danger that those countries could fall under sharia law. Basically those country fall back into the dark ages. That is especially concerning with Nigeria being the country with the biggest population in Africa.

Pardon me if I'm less than confident. There's always hope. I hope my kids live to see the day Africans lay down thier machetes and AKs

I believe this conflict is more than the usual we are used to see. Militant islamists are on the rise and attacking multiple countries. There has to be some cooperation and coordiniation between them, this is not purely an African issue.

Usually I do not regard the French very highly but so far the were the only ones that took responsibility. If we do not support the moderates in those countries NOW, there might not be any of them to support tomorrow. Once groups like Boko Haram, AQIM, ISIL, ISIS etc. control whole countries and its ressources, the countries in between are not going to last forever.

I believe this conflict is more than the usual we are used to see. Militant islamists are on the rise and attacking multiple countries. There has to be some cooperation and coordiniation between them, this is not purely an African issue.

Usually I do not regard the French very highly but so far the were the only ones that took responsibility. If we do not support the moderates in those countries NOW, there might not be any of them to support tomorrow. Once groups like Boko Haram, AQIM, ISIL, ISIS etc. control whole countries and its ressources, the countries in between are not going to last forever.

I'm a tad more cynical. Trying to keep extremism out of third-world shite-holes is like trying to keep crack outta the ghetto...

http://www.bbc.com/n...africa-28460909

BBC article from yesterday.

People tend to look at ISIS/ISIL and Hamas, but many parts of Northern/West Africa is under attack by various militant islamist groups:

_71555635_terror_groups_in_africa_2_624.gif

Why are those countries left alone fighting for themselfes? The only country intervening was France (in Mali) for crying out loud. And knowing the weak state of many African governments, there is a real danger that those countries could fall under sharia law. Basically those country fall back into the dark ages. That is especially concerning with Nigeria being the country with the biggest population in Africa.

Their problems. Their solutions. Stop coddling them.