Sign Kevin Burnett

autigerfan

Lol what?

Raiders released LB Kevin Burnett.

According to ESPN's Paul Gutierrez, Burnett was "not cleared medically." Burnett missed a good chunk of the offseason program with an ankle injury. Signed to a two-year, $5.25 million deal in March 2013, Burnett started all 16 games last season, but wasn't terribly effective, barely earning a positive grade from Pro Football Focus. Although he's now 31 and getting released by one of the league's worst teams, Burnett shouldn't have trouble finding a new home as long as he can get healthy.

Related: Raiders

Jul 24 - 4:04 PM

Didn't the Raiders not medically clear an OT that just resigned with the Rams after, I wanna say it was Long

It was Saffold. He was one of the guys i really wanted in FA. The Rams just decided his long term benefit was good enough to wait out the medical stuff.

Lets just be happy with what have now and see what happens in the next few weeks....I am sure panic will set in a some point.

I am just not feeling overly confidant with a starting LB corps of Biermann (coming off injury) Worrilow (Strong rookie season but can he continue) Bartu (Played well in 4-3 but is now being asked to make a position change) Massaquoi (Solid 2nd year but also making a position change).

If Burnett is healthy he would be a plug-in starter in the event either Worrilow or Bartu regress. I actually like Bartu a bit more on the outside as he is a former college DE and showed good pass rush potential last year. He also has good length for the outside.

We have a lot of linebackers, but honestly Burnett might be the best linebacker on the team right now outside of Worrilow if we were to sign him.

What makes you say this? His play was at best mediocre last year and he isn't medically cleared to even participate in camp right now.