What Is It With Our First Round Picks

Why is it so many of our first round picks are just injury prone think about it

2008. Ryan and baker. Although Ryan has been solid baker is injured half his career

2009. Jerry injured early on and never recovered to fulfill his potential

2010 weather spoon. Always hurt and to think we could have gotten bowman

2011 and 2012 Julio jones yes we have to count him as two first rounders. Don't get me wrong I know his talent he's a stud but his injuries compounded with the number of picks given up is starting to look like another bust. If he can't get back on the field and stay on it this will prove to be a very bad decision

In fairness I will say Ryan tans trufant were home runs and I suspect mathews will be as well

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2008. Ryan and baker. Although Ryan has been solid baker is injured half his career

2011 and 2012 Julio jones yes we have to count him as two first rounders. Don't get me wrong tI know his talent he's a stud but his injuries compounded with the number of picks given up is starting to look like another bust. If he can't get back on the field and stay on it this will prove to be a very bad decision

In fairness I will say Ryan tans trufant were home runs and I suspect mathews will be as well

Question-- I;ve heard this over and over and it always bugs me

TD did bad giving up those picks to get Julio -----IMPLYS

TD would have done good with those picks he gave away.

Why do fans believe TD failed with the picks he made BUT would have succeeded with the picks he traded away--no just for Julio but other trades also

Why do fans believe TD failed with the picks he made BUT would have succeeded with the picks he traded away--no just for Julio but other trades also

this is true, we already know if we don't trade fir Julio we draft Carimi that year. Who everyone would of hated by now

Only thing I truly dislike is instead of Baker, wish wr would of drafted Duane Brown who is a very solid LT. And healthy... Other than that can't fault TD for his 1st round picks, Jerry filled a need and was a monster in college, injuries like stated ruined him(not TDs fault) and ppl crying we could of had mattews need to understand he is purely a 3-4 OLB, be wouldn't of had success here like in GB. At the time would of prob been a worse pick than Jerry. That year I wish we would of traded up for Cushing(yea he has been injured also but they been freak injuries, 2 direct helmet to knee type injuries)

The city is cursed.

Horford is always injured. Would've swept Pacers and Wizards with Al and made it to the ECF.

Braves would have a 10 game lead with Medlen, Beachy, Venters.

Atlanta is cursed? Try living in Cleveland! Best title run was the Indians 15+ years ago and oddly enough the braves knocked them out that year. Hopefully the cavs can not find a way to mess things up these next few years to break this 50+ year drought. Hoping falcons and cavs can bring home some hardware this year!

2011 and 2012 Julio jones yes we have to count him as two first rounders. Don't get me wrong I know his talent he's a stud but his injuries compounded with the number of picks given up is starting to look like another bust. If he can't get back on the field and stay on it this will prove to be a very bad decision

Ryan only solid?

Because TD has done well when drafting with a lot of picks(08) and has done bad with few picks(11)

Jerry isn't injury prone, he was injured, as stated. JJ only had the one bad injury. Prior to that he missed only two games i think, so i wouldn't count him.

Lots of injuries = Spoon, Baker

Not a lot of injuries = Ryan, Jerry, JJ

And then there's Tru and Jake, who haven't shown any signs of being injury risks. We had bad luck with Spoon, and Baker had a nagging back problem (Which has now been fixed). Injuries happen to everybody.

Because TD has done well when drafting with a lot of picks(08) and has done bad with few picks(11)

hmm

08 4 out of 11 still here Ryan, Baker, Douglas, Bierman

gone Lofton, C Jackson, DeCoud, James, Brown, Fontenot, Zinger

just a personal opinion but I would say 5 (add Lofton) of 11 less than 50%

11 4 out of 6 still here Jones, Rodgers, Bosher, Matthews

gone Dent , A Jackson

just a personal opinion but I would say 3 out of 6 or 50%

added then throw in the quality (ability of these various players ---and you win)