Five Under The Radar Players At Xfinity Camp Posted 3 Hours Ago

falcon057

When XFINITY® Atlanta Falcons Training Camp begins Friday, the players’ lifelong dreams continue, one practice at a time. None of the players will enter camp with a care-free approach to the game, instead they'll be driven to help return the Falcons to their winning ways of recent years, qualifying for the NFC playoffs four times, since 2008. Here are five such players hoping to help the cause in 2014:

1. Tyler Starr: Seventh-round picks often times come with an ‘under-the-radar’ label attached to their names, but Starr is the kind of player who has the skill, drive and determination to quickly make people forget about such a title. The Falcons 255th-overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft plans to make a lasting impression during camp, showcasing the kind of skills that helped him in 2013, becoming the first South Dakota Coyote to be named the Missouri Valley Football Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

2. Devonta Glover-Wright: The former QB/WR (Eastern Arizona Community College) has the size (6-foot) most secondary coaches dream of, causing more havoc on opposing receivers. Following the switch to the other side of the ball, Glover-Wright showcased production at Utah State, including 40 solo tackles, five for loss and 10 passes defensed. Falcons coaches will learn a lot about the rookie CB, after watching him compete against the team’s talented WRs.

tempAP634931159366_9--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

slideshow-icon.png

VIEW GALLERY | 43 Photos

Best of 2014 Falcons Minicamp

3. Malliciah Goodman: Selected as the first of two fourth-round (127th overall) draft choices by Atlanta in 2013, Goodman is poised for a breakout season. The "quiet giant," who stands 6-4 and weighs 276 pounds, has been working on a wide variety of skills and techniques in the offseason, each designed to help him waste little time in disrupting opposing offenses; the well-documented size of his 11-inch hands will continue to play in his favor in 2014.

4. Bernard Reedy: Following an eye-opening offseason, Reedy hopes his momentum continues right into training camp. Fans love the deep ball and he is known as a deep threat. No stranger to the end zone in college, scoring 23 TDs in four years at Toledo, Reedy’s hoping to grab each and every throw that comes his way.

5. Jacob Pedersen: Almost like a student gaining an advantage by attending summer school, Pedersen gained early and extra work with the Falcons coaching staff at the 2014 Senior Bowl. The extra week of coaching, teamed with OTAs and minicamp practices, will benefit Pedersen, who left Wisconsin ranked seventh all-time in TD receptions (17).

Obviously we are all intrigued by Bernard Reedy and the reports we have been getting from Flowery Branch about his speed an ability to get deep.

Another guy I am intrigued about is TE Jacob Pedersen(Wisconsin). I just think he might have a chance to do something - just a hunch.

Obviously we are all intrigued by Bernard Reedy and the reports we have been getting from Flowery Branch about his speed an ability to get deep.

Another guy I am intrigued about is TE Jacob Pedersen(Wisconsin). I just think he might have a chance to do something - just a hunch.

I've been #TeamPedersen ever since we signed him

I'm hoping that Reedy and Pederson do for the offense what Bartu and Worilow did for the defense last year.

I loved 3, 4, and 5.

My fav is this though.

3. Malliciah Goodman: Selected as the first of two fourth-round (127th overall) draft choices by Atlanta in 2013, Goodman is poised for a breakout season. The "quiet giant," who stands 6-4 and weighs 276 pounds, has been working on a wide variety of skills and techniques in the offseason, each designed to help him waste little time in disrupting opposing offenses; the well-documented size of his 11-inch hands will continue to play in his favor in 2014.

I've been quietly hoping Goodman breaks out. He's seemed like a forgotten soldier. Pray he does indeed breakout a little or a lot this year.

Starr, Reedy and Pedersen will end up making the team. Reedy could end up replacing HD next season.

Proclaiming him better than HD and DJ without him ever stepping on an NFL field eh?

Good to see Starr getting his recognition. I think he and Pederson have the best shots at actually making the team out of this group. Nice to see Goodman getting a shoutout too, he could flourish in our scheme if he puts the work in.

Starr, Reedy and Pedersen will end up making the team. Reedy could end up replacing HD next season.

I loved 3, 4, and 5.

My fav is this though.

I've been quietly hoping Goodman breaks out. He's seemed like a forgotten soldier. Pray he does indeed breakout a little or a lot this year.

I think Goodman pushes Osi or Bierman out of playing time. He might even push a OLB for playing time.

Proclaiming him better than HD and DJ without him ever stepping on an NFL field eh?

Good to see Starr getting his recognition. I think he and Pederson have the best shots at actually making the team out of this group. Nice to see Goodman getting a shoutout too, he could flourish in our scheme if he puts the work in.

Not claiming anything, but if Reedy does really well, he could end up replacing HD.

Don't count out Lolo on that front either.

The NFL Yearbook got me high on Lolo even with his short appearance in it. NFL Films does a really good job with their narration and music, when they started talking about the new guys and focused in on him I was so amped. That whole show was like homer crack. lol

The NFL Yearbook got me high on Lolo even with his short appearance in it. NFL Films does a really good job with their narration and music, when they started talking about the new guys and focused in on him I was so amped. That whole show was like homer crack. lol

Yes it was hahah.

Lolo's spot got me excited about him all over again too, and they didn't even show my favourite play of his; when he caught the ball short, then slipped two would-be-tacklers Tony G style, only to finish it by bulldozing the last defender for i think a 14-ish yard gain. Showcased all his ability and potential in one play, except for his crazy vertical catching capabilities, which the TD showed pretty well.