Douglas And Gonzo

LouDog.

I was watching ESPN earlier and they were talking about great receiving duos. I was shocked as **** to see that Harry and Gonzo ranked #4 on the list of Duos with the most combined catches in 2013. If they can do that, imagine what a healthy Julio and Roddy, with a rebuilt oline could do this season. Should be interesting.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I feel that Roddy will be in beast mode to start this season? Anyway, I'm hoping Ryan has at least four options this season with the fourth making at least 40 catches. If that happens, then Julio will probably have 16 YPC and Roddy 14+ YPC. Let's just hope that the line does its job.

Harry is going to pick up Gonzo's targets this year, at least non-redzone targets. I would imagine that Toilolo is going to get atleast 2-4 Red Zone targets a game early in the season. It was almost a blessing in disguise last year really because Ryan's rapport with Harry is MUCH better now.

I would expect us to run 3 WR's set very often, if not be our "base" offense.

Harry is going to pick up Gonzo's targets this year, at least non-redzone targets. I would imagine that Toilolo is going to get atleast 2-4 Red Zone targets a game early in the season. It was almost a blessing in disguise last year really because Ryan's rapport with Harry is MUCH better now.

Harry got Roddy and Julio targets last year and that still only got two touchdowns

HD is going to have to start making clutch catches and not dropping the big ones. HD is okay as long as you don't need him at crunch time.

HD is going to have to start making clutch catches and not dropping the big ones. HD is okay as long as you don't need him at crunch time.

I agree. I think this is a big year for HD. We might start shopping in the draft next year for a slot upgrade if HD doesn't perform well.

Why do I feel that Roddy will be in beast mode to start this season? Anyway, I'm hoping Ryan has at least four options this season with the fourth making at least 40 catches. If that happens, then Julio will probably have 16 YPC and Roddy 14+ YPC. Let's just hope that the line does its job.

We will very likely be running a lot of 4 wide with Roddy/Julio/HD/Johnson

We will very likely be running a lot of 4 wide with Roddy/Julio/HD/Johnson

If we can get the underneath stuff right, we have the two perfect guys to take the top off the defense. When we had Gonzo, we never really needed more than three options because the first three had great hands and were disciplined route runners. All bets are off for how well we can do if we utilize more than three receivers on a regular basis.

I was watching ESPN earlier and they were talking about great receiving duos. I was shocked as **** to see that Harry and Gonzo ranked #4 on the list of Duos with the most combined catches in 2013. If they can do that, imagine what a healthy Julio and Roddy, with a rebuilt oline could do this season. Should be interesting.

if that QB takes an old man and a career backup and makes it to top 10 duos in the league, how is that QB not a top 100 player in the league?

What was on the line here?

Beating a team that I've hated since they were division rivals. Proving that even if the season was lost, the game was not (and we should have won that game). Besides, if nothing is on the line, are you cool with not being able to catch a pass in a clutch situation? That went in the books as a pick-six for Ryan, who would have been better statistically to take a sack. Say what you will, but every player on the field did his best last season and that definitely was not the best that we saw from HD83. As I said, I like Harry. But his clip of greatest misses rivals his greatest hits reel because his stumbles seem like they're always at the wrong time.

Beating a team that I've hated since they were division rivals. Proving that even if the season was lost, the game was not (and we should have won that game). Besides, if nothing is on the line, are you cool with not being able to catch a pass in a clutch situation? That went in the books as a pick-six for Ryan, who would have been better statistically to take a sack. Say what you will, but every player on the field did his best last season and that definitely was not the best that we saw from HD83. As I said, I like Harry. But his clip of greatest misses rivals his greatest hits reel because his stumbles seem like they're always at the wrong time.

Douglas at 1:47. But to answer your question, I've seen Ryan go to HD against the Saints (i believe) 3 or 4 consecutive passes for the FG win. Big catches too! He catches and run with the ball!

Douglas at 1:47. But to answer your question, I've seen Ryan go to HD against the Saints (i believe) 3 or 4 consecutive passes for the FG win. Big catches too! He catches and run with the ball!

I swear I'm not a hater. Dude was the fourth option for a team that threw (probably) 85% of its passes to three guys. He couldn't develop as well as many wanted but he did step up and earn his stripes last season.

I swear I'm not a hater. Dude was the fourth option for a team that threw (probably) 85% of its passes to three guys. He couldn't develop as well as many wanted but he did step up and earn his stripes last season.

He did step up and if we go 3WR, with the Oline blocking and the running game get going...expect him to be the sleeper. He's perfect for this offense...IMO.

I don't think roddy will EVER have 100+ targets and 85 catches and only 2 tds....I think you will agree with that...roddy was hurt the entire season until the last 4 games of the season and still had more TDs than Douglas

Look at Roddy's body of work....for 8 consecutive 1000+ yard seasons....TD ratio is terrible.

1382:7 Rec:TD

I think the perception problem with HD is that he's always been seen as perfect for this offense. Every season, we were hoping that he'd help us get to the Nth level and go from being a good offense to a great one. That's unfair, but there used to be a ton of threads about him breaking out and you never see them anymore. Now, I expect him to be a reliable third option, and I'm focusing my attention on somebody else to step up as #4. Honestly, I hope we target no fewer than seven players in any game this season.