Mike Smith Will Be Gone At The End Of The Season.

Shoggoth42

I fully expect the Falcons to have another bad year,do I want them too..NO. Several factors weigh on my mind to make me say so. One I have ZERO faith in Smith. The man has no ability to change his game plan on the fly,continues to make idiotic statements to the media and has no clue how to utilize the explosive and dynamic players the falcons have on offense. Defense,ha don't make me puke. Mr. "sacks are over rated" SHOULD have been fired as soon as he uttered this moronic comment. I think the almighty TD has had just about enough of Mike Smith and his stubbornness as well. I only hope that once Atlanta goes 5-11,maybe 6-10 this year Mr. Blank will see the light and get a good YOUNG offensive coach in flowery branch.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see the point of making these statements before training camp has even begun. We theoretically have all our injured players from last season (that we wanted to keep) back and some substantial upgrades at some of our weakest areas from last season.

I agree with you that Smith's biggest flaw is his refusal to change things up when his plan isn't working and playing conservatively, but I still think he's a good coach. Maybe some of these staff changes under him will help. I think Tice will do his own thing and hopefully Nolan will get into his groove with this new D-line and a move to the 3-4.

Not saying you can't be right, but there's not enough evidence to assume this. If the Saints come out and thrash us all over the field Game 1, then maybe you can start this conversation, but I doubt that will be the case. Lots of negativity on the board this off-season, but I guess it's expected after a bad run.

Hoping that we have a bad season so our coach is fired makes me think that you are a Saints fan.

And by the way, Sacks are overrated. They are good to have, but QB pressures is the most important statistic, unless its a Sack-Strip-Fumble recovery. That's probably one of the most impactful plays in Football.

I fully expect the Falcons to have another bad year,do I want them too..NO. Several factors weigh on my mind to make me say so. One I have ZERO faith in Smith. The man has no ability to change his game plan on the fly,continues to make idiotic statements to the media and has no clue how to utilize the explosive and dynamic players the falcons have on offense. Defense,ha don't make me puke. Mr. "sacks are over rated" SHOULD have been fired as soon as he uttered this moronic comment. I think the almighty TD has had just about enough of Mike Smith and his stubbornness as well. I only hope that once Atlanta goes 5-11,maybe 6-10 this year Mr. Blank will see the light and get a good YOUNG offensive coach in flowery branch.

How about you take your sig seriously and go be a recluse.

tumblr_m1k8ltPeeS1qlrxk7o1_500.gif

Heck, I pulled for Marion Campbell the 'Swamp Fox' twice, Jerry Glanville, Jim Mora and Petrino, I can certainly pull for Smith at this point. I think he's a solid coach. I look at one thing: wins and losses. If we have another 4-12 season I think King Arthur will give it serious thought to make a change. But to predict that before the season has even started is idiotic and I think we have a good shot at vastly improving over last year.

Guest MikeKennHOF

What's funny is the guy hoping we crash and burn and Smitty gets fired is taking less heat than my thread saying that an 8-8 record and improved line play will be a successful season.

Amazing.

What's funny is the guy hoping we crash and burn and Smitty gets fired is taking less heat than my thread saying that an 8-8 record and improved line play will be a successful season.

Amazing.

Not sure how a season where you miss the playoffs can be considered successful. Unless you're predicting that's good enough to win the division which i doubt.

Guest MikeKennHOF

Not sure how a season where you miss the playoffs can be considered successful. Unless you're predicting that's good enough to win the division which i doubt.

Because we entered this offseason with too many holes to fill, too many weaknesses to address in one offseason.

As long as I see steady and marked improvement along both lines, then I can at least believe a solid foundation has been laid for the following season to build upon.

Because we entered this offseason with too many holes to fill, too many weaknesses to address in one offseason.

As long as I see steady and marked improvement along both lines, then I can at least believe a solid foundation has been laid for the following season to build upon.

We have fewer holes than two seasons ago when we went 13-3.

I really see the 2014 version of Falcons as a team that could go either way.

Julio, by far, is what makes our team special. The status of his foot is perilous - I could see him starting season healthy but re-injuring that foot again at some point. If Julio does not play close to a full season, then I see Falcons as a 7-9 type of team. With a year-long healthy and dynamic Julio and Roddy rounding into form, then Falcons could be a playoff team at 11-5 or 10-6.

We just really need to develop some emerging stars on defense while afforing Matty Ice more time in the pocket on offense.

I do believe the health of Julio is our biggest question.