Can Nolan Scheme Enough To Over Come De Lack * Power

falcon057

Now that we have 2 proven run stuffers ,Soliai,Jackson to get a push up the middle every thing should be better on defense, yes it would be nice to have some prime time pass rushers but some of the young guys, Bartu,Mass,have a chance to step up.Scheme should be helped by these guys

Edited by toadfishtom

Eating space will make a difference for those guys who can overcome a single block. This is what eating space dace. It takes the whole of the guys who would normally double and triple guys who are big time edge rushers. Thing is, we don't have that type of guy, but it will give guys like Biermann and Osi less to deal with on the edge which will be a good thing. I say Hageman will impress in rushing the passer, as will Osi.

I think he can scheme us to the mid-30s range. We now have a stronger front to lean on. The problem is we were relying on three 3Ts to be the foundation of our defense. It's no surprise they were pushed around. Now, we've got a real NT, a real 3-4 DE, with a budding one in Goodman (reports are he's in the 290 range). That doesn't include Babs or Peters or Hageman. That means were are at least 6 deep on the DL at the 3 DL spots for a 3-4. Everything is going to build off of those three and I think we've strengthened that a lot.

I know we don't have name brand LBs, but Worrilow is a dog who just got bigger and Bartu is his highly athletic counterpart who gained weight as well. They won't have to face as many blocks this season, which should help them keep the inside locked down. No we don't have name brand rushers outside of Osi either, but if Jackson, Soliai and Hageman can draw doubles consistently, our OLBs will have a lot of 1v1 opportunities.

I think we have a stronger foundation to build a defense on this year. That's what people don't realize. We were buildling on crap and this is just the start. We have a strong secondary as well, which is Nolan's strength. I think we will see a heavy blitz scheme a la the 2009/2010 Jets defense this year. It all depends on our front. The more doubles they command, the easier the job is for our LBs and more likely the offense has to keep a TE or RB in to block, which takes players out of routes.

I think we ranked in the late teens this year with top 10 potential next year depending on what pass rushers we add.

Eating space will make a difference for those guys who can overcome a single block. This is what eating space dace. It takes the whole of the guys who would normally double and triple guys who are big time edge rushers. Thing is, we don't have that type of guy, but it will give guys like Biermann and Osi less to deal with on the edge which will be a good thing. I say Hageman will impress in rushing the passer, as will Osi.

I think a lot of folks here are sleeping on Osi, sure not he used to be but I think he can still be effective and like you stated with the new big bodys his #s from last year should at the very least be a little better.

I think a lot of folks here are sleeping on Osi, sure not he used to be but I think he can still be effective and like you stated with the new big bodys his #s from last year should at the very least be a little better.

He was doubled quite a bit last year. He won't be this year. He has a little still left in the tank to be sure.

I think he can scheme us to the mid-30s range. We now have a stronger front to lean on. The problem is we were relying on three 3Ts to be the foundation of our defense. It's no surprise they were pushed around. Now, we've got a real NT, a real 3-4 DE, with a budding one in Goodman (reports are he's in the 290 range). That doesn't include Babs or Peters or Hageman. That means were are at least 6 deep on the DL at the 3 DL spots for a 3-4. Everything is going to build off of those three and I think we've strengthened that a lot.

I know we don't have name brand LBs, but Worrilow is a dog who just got bigger and Bartu is his highly athletic counterpart who gained weight as well. They won't have to face as many blocks this season, which should help them keep the inside locked down. No we don't have name brand rushers outside of Osi either, but if Jackson, Soliai and Hageman can draw doubles consistently, our OLBs will have a lot of 1v1 opportunities.

I think we have a stronger foundation to build a defense on this year. That's what people don't realize. We were buildling on crap and this is just the start. We have a strong secondary as well, which is Nolan's strength. I think we will see a heavy blitz scheme a la the 2009/2010 Jets defense this year. It all depends on our front. The more doubles they command, the easier the job is for our LBs and more likely the offense has to keep a TE or RB in to block, which takes players out of routes.

I think we ranked in the late teens this year with top 10 potential next year depending on what pass rushers we add.

I would argue Biermann as the 2nd best edge rusher. He wasn't the subject of many doubles but going 1v1 he won't wear down in a game as fast. We will NEED less rotation.

I would argue Biermann as the 2nd best edge rusher. He wasn't the subject of many doubles but going 1v1 he won't wear down in a game as fast. We will NEED less rotation.

I think between Osi, Kroy, Mass and Maponga, we have a solid crop. That's assuming they get the number of 1v1 opportunities I expect. That's not even including the coming ILB blitzes. It may not be the best, but I think if Mass and Maponga show some promise, when we add a couple next year, we will finally have a pass rush.

Man if he can put up 10 that would help for sure ...

WHAT a lot of people don't know about me...I deem 32-35 sacks as a good mark for this year. I don't place Map or Mass as getting 7-10 a piece, but I think they will have 8 between the two. (Maponga with 2 and Mass with 6).Osi with 10 and Biermann with 7. That's already 25, or close.Now with a "better" edge rusher, you are not looking to make up as much of a deficit. This is why I say we should make a trade or pick up a vet sometime soonish.

WHAT a lot of people don't know about me...I deem 32-35 sacks as a good mark for this year. I don't place Map or Mass as getting 7-10 a piece, but I think they will have 8 between the two. (Maponga with 2 and Mass with 6).Osi with 10 and Biermann with 7. That's already 25, or close.Now with a "better" edge rusher, you are not looking to make up as much of a deficit. This is why I say we should make a trade or pick up a vet sometime soonish.

32-35 would be in the average for this team, even led by abe during this regime. If this team can get more than 35 sacks, it should be considered a success

I got a feeling we will drafting back in 20's and it's real hard to find a difference maker at DE then. I think in order to fill that need it will through a pick-up or trade.

And that 25 doesn't even include any sacks from the DT/DE group. I think if the DL/OLBs can get 30 sacks, we will easily break the 35 sack mark.

I'm hoping for 40 but not holding my breath.....as long as we can get back to becoming a top scoring D I don't care how many yards we give up between the 20s....thing is teams are not gonna blow our DTs off the ball this year and run it down our throats, that in itself should make everything better...

I agree 1000% with this!

Anyone who thinks Osi is too old needs to look at what JA55 did with Arizona last year as an OLB. Yes, I know Abraham is a better talent but Osi got 7.5 sacks and was disruptive outside of that.

Playing time is also something I don't think is taken into consideration. Osi had to be on the field ALL the time last year because he was all we had. Now that we have some depth at the D-Line positions and we have Biermann back, I doubt Osi sees 50 snaps a game which will keep him fresh and able to be much more disruptive in the 4th quarter when we will need him the most.