Dollar Shave Club.

Moist Words

Does your head itch? I've always wanted to know

When I first started doing it years ago I started going with the grain. There is really no irritation that way, but it isn't smooth. After you get some sun on your head , your scalp gets a little tougher. I can't shave every day because that will cause razor burn after about 4 days so I do it every other day. That said, it never itches. In fact it's the opposite. It feels awesome. Only problem for me is it feels weird wearing hats. I don't like it. I like visors but they don't much good if you're going to be outside for a long time. The only other issue is sweat. Nothing absorbs it and it runs right down into your face.

When I first started doing it years ago I started going with the grain. There is really no irritation that way, but it isn't smooth. After you get some sun on your head , your scalp gets a little tougher. I can't shave every day because that will cause razor burn after about 4 days so I do it every other day. That said, it never itches. In fact it's the opposite. It feels awesome. Only problem for me is it feels weird wearing hats. I don't like it. I like visors but they don't much good if you're going to be outside for a long time. The only other issue is sweat. Nothing absorbs it and it runs right down into your face.

Yeah, I've noticed bald guys being uber sweaty on their heads. We're you going bald so you decided to shave it or did it just because?

I started using Dollar Shave Club a little over two years ago but then I found out that you can get the exact same blades for cheaper at dorco.com so I order from there now. They don't automatically ship them to you like DSC does but it's a little cheaper.

I thought about joining that but then I heard an idea and tried it. I keep a plastic cup on my bathroom sink. I keep it about an inch filled with baby oil. Everytime I shave, I clean the razor really well and then submerge it in the baby oil. I use Gillette Mach 4 cartridges (which I love) and I have gone from using one blade a week to one blade every three to four months. The shaves are still very good and smooth. I have shared this with several friends and they love it too. Saves me a ton of money and I get smooth, close shaves. Its not so much the shaving itself that causes the blades to begin to perform poorly. It is also the surface rust that the razor gets from being put away wet and kept in a humid bathroom environment. Submerging it in Baby Oil eliminates that. Try it. I think you will like what you see.

you guys are doing it wrong

http://www.clarkhowa...disposabl/ncxf/

If you ever heard I stretch a buck just a little past the point of ridiculous, well, it could be true!

Years ago, a listener called up after I had talked about the razor wars with Gillette or Schick rolling out their latest model with 14 blades or whatever it was at the time. I was making fun of their marketing ploys and high prices by talking about my cheap disposable razors.

So a man calls me up who was an engineer and said that he had the real money-saving secret when it came to razors. He told me that by drying my disposable razor after each use, that would make it last for months or even years.

Blades degrade from moisture, as the man explained, not so much from the actual friction or wear of shaving stubble.

Follow this method to extend the life of your blades

I tried blotting my disposable razor dry on a towel after each use. That's not the way the caller suggested I dry it, but I opted for a lazy man's approach and it has worked for me. (Others recommend using alcohol or a little drying machine you can buy at the drug store.) I found that with drying the blade on my towel, I could go 6, 8, or even 10 months on a single disposable razor.

Then just last year, I was doing an affiliate radio station visit in Greensboro, N.C. and a morning show guy gave me "a lifetime supply" of 10 disposable blades because he thought my whole deal with using a razor for so long was funny.

I started using the first of the radio guy's free razors, and now I have finally crossed the 12-month mark with it! In truth, the blade started declining about 6 weeks ago, and one day I actually did nick myself, but I wanted so badly to reach that 1 year milestone!

I know this might all sound crazy to you. But if you're used to using a zillion dollar Gillette or Schick and you can stretch it for weeks or even months, we're talking about real dough you're saving. This is just 1 example of a way to make a difference in your wallet. That money feels better in my wallet than in Gillette's or Schick's.

Edited by lostone

THANKS to everyone in this thread! Gonna try the baby oil and drying these high priced azz Fusions off! Da mn blades have gotten so expensive, Wal-Mart puts 'em in a plastic "thingy" that the cashier has to unlock! Gotdamn!!!!laugh.png I wish a crackhead would boost some blades for me (J/K)!!!!laugh.png

Edit: Thanks for the recommendation WTA, going to try Dorco, also trying the baby oil trick too (thanks Marvin)!

• 3 months later...

Broke down and joined. Got the 4 blade package and just used for the first time. All I can say is wow

Noooooooooooo son! Cancel that sh!t and order the same blades directly from Dorcousa.com (Thanks WTA!). I did and I am HAPPY. That 6 blade with a trimmer is a real monster! Why spend the extra dough when you don't have to (at least on blades). I will never purchase another Gillette Fusion again (unless I am in a real bind)!

Noooooooooooo son! Cancel that sh!t and order the same blades directly from Dorcousa.com (Thanks WTA!). I did and I am HAPPY. That 6 blade with a trimmer is a real monster! Why spend the extra dough when you don't have to (at least on blades). I will never purchase another Gillette Fusion again (unless I am in a real bind)!

that's a tough one though. For 0.05 less I would get 2 less cartridges than the deal I'm getting now. On the other hand, I am a fan of 5-6 blade razors though. Gonna investigate a little more.

that's a tough one though. For 0.05 less I would get 2 less cartridges than the deal I'm getting now. On the other hand, I am a fan of 5-6 blade razors though. Gonna investigate a little more.

The trick is ordering enough of them to get the free shipping, plus using the code (IIRC) RETURNT15 to get the discount. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! I will tell you this, once you use the 6 blade razor, a 4 blade will seem as if it has waaaaaay too much drag on your face if you ever go back to using them!

The trick is ordering enough of them to get the free shipping, plus using the code (IIRC) RETURNT15 to get the discount. Trust me, you will not be disappointed! I will tell you this, once you use the 6 blade razor, a 4 blade will seem as if it has waaaaaay too much drag on your face if you ever go back to using them!

cool. Gonna try that. My original plan with dollar shave club was to stack enough cartridges to last a long time then cancel. I clean my blades pretty good after I use them so one cartridge last me a few weeks. Gonna definitely check this deal out though. Wifey loves the baby face lol