Forum Interviews With Players

AndySG

This is going to sound like a strange one, but have we ever done any interviews with players via this forum. I doubt that we would get somebody to do it in person but, with social media ruling the world at the moment, there is no reason that we couldn't get somebody's email, Facebook or whatever (Twitter is a bit more difficult due to character limits) and compile a list of questions on here before sending them to the players to answer.

Now, I'm not saying that Matt or Julio are going to be waiting for it, but it would be a good way to find out more about rookies, for example. Has anybody ever done this, thought about doing it or would people be interested in it?

Guest MikeKennHOF

Whoever sent them the questions would obviously be able to moderate it.

Then it would likely be nothing more than a thinly disguised PR gimmick.

Last year, "Mr. DeCoud, can you explain why you visibly pulled up and avoided contact on this play?"

"Mr. Holmes, do your teammates consider your lack of conditioning to be unprofessional and disrespectful? Do YOU think so? What do you plan to do about it?"

"Mr. Konz, you seem to lack functional strength, muscle mass and definition, and your tendency to stand straight up is horrible technique. What do you blame for your struggles?"

Those questions would never pass moderatuon, and yet those are specifically the type of questions that need to be answered.

Then it would likely be nothing more than a thinly disguised PR gimmick.

Last year, "Mr. DeCoud, can you explain why you visibly pulled up and avoided contact on this play?"

"Mr. Holmes, do your teammates consider your lack of conditioning to be unprofessional and disrespectful? Do YOU think so? What do you plan to do about it?"

"Mr. Konz, you seem to lack functional strength, muscle mass and definition, and your tendency to stand straight up is horrible technique. What do you blame for your struggles?"

Those questions would never pass moderatuon, and yet those are specifically the type of questions that need to be answered.

Agreed

Guest MikeKennHOF

We could vote on who gets to ask the questions

So it would be a skirt-blowing pollyanna popularity contest? Not interested.

Guest MikeKennHOF

Want this to be interesting and informative? Just have them log in and start answering questions. Trolls and all. We could learn as much or more about them by what questions they choose to address as by the actual answers given.

Can you see Matt or Roddy answering question's from lotsapoppa or lol whatever his name is when he comes back???

Yes I agree it would be cool to interact with them, but that would be a disgrace to this message board and every true fan

out there to see one of these undercover saint's fan talking to our guy's.

I just think that saying you wouldn't be interested to find out more about Bartu or Worrilow or one of the rookies, for example, just because somebody would edit out you calling Konz a ***** is a bit of a strange one.

While I would obviously want to know about what people are doing to get stronger, etc. I would also be interested in finding out what they do in their spare time, who their best friends on the team are, etc.

I'm not saying that nothing negative (or realistic) can be asked, but the question could be "do you think that the reason you have been unable to lock down the center position has been more physical or mental?" rather than "Howcome you some puny *** white boy?" ;)

I'm not saying that nothing negative (or realistic) can be asked, but the question could be "do you think that the reason you have been unable to lock down the center position has been more physical or mental?" rather than "Howcome you some puny *** white boy?" ;)

Exactly.

It's possible to ask difficult questions, without being disrespectful and insulting to the player.

I'm not saying that nothing negative (or realistic) can be asked, but the question could be "do you think that the reason you have been unable to lock down the center position has been more physical or mental?" rather than "Howcome you some puny *** white boy?" wink.png

That's politically correct... But we have a forum full of douchebags.

Guest MikeKennHOF

I like the idea, but I don't think this board could handle it without asking offensive questions.

That depends on the nature of the offense.

"Mr. Holmes, why did you, a professional athlete making millions of dollars, show up to last year's training camp overweight, out of shape, and unable to play at a high level?"

That is no doubt very offensive to him, but it would be a very fair question.