Julio Jones

Doctors used a "cutting-edge medical procedure" to heal Julio Jones' troublesome right foot and prevent the injury from recurring.

The fifth metatarsal bone Jones has fractured twice is notorious for being difficult to heal due to a limited blood supply. In order to help the healing process, Dr. Robert Anderson took bone marrow from Jones' hip and injected into the wide receiver's foot. This coupled with a new, larger screw inserted into the bone should accelerate the healing process and decrease the chances of another re-injury. Jones could be recovered in time for the start of training camp, and is a lock for Week 1. He is a top-five wide receiver in all formats.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution Jul 19 - 9:28 AM

With Ryan having so many targets, especially a healthy Roddy, I don't expect Julio to pick up the torrid pace that he played last season. Depending on where you are drafting, and who has already been taken, I would not automatically lock in on him in a fantasy draft. I think Julio is more effective when we can soften the defense before taking deep shots.

With Ryan having so many targets, especially a healthy Roddy, I don't expect Julio to pick up the torrid pace that he played last season. Depending on where you are drafting, and who has already been taken, I would not automatically lock in on him in a fantasy draft. I think Julio is more effective when we can soften the defense before taking deep shots.

But with no Tony G, those 80-90 receptions will be spread among the WRs mostly. I doubt any of our TEs has more than 30 catches. Julio and Roddy should both have monster numbers this year.

But with no Tony G, those 80-90 receptions will be spread among the WRs mostly. I doubt any of our TEs has more than 30 catches. Julio and Roddy should both have monster numbers this year.

I expect that they will, but I also expect that we'll finally see HD targeted more frequently and more passes to running backs than we've seen in the past. The success of Julio and Roddy should lead to more success by other players. Of course, the synergy of a balanced offense is that the better Jackson and Freeman play, the more opportunities will be available for Julio and Roddy to have one-on-one assignments.

I'm going with 1630 yards and 15 TDs. TonyG's receptions will largely go to the ground game, with the remaining split between Roddy and Julio

Most of Tony G's receptions were on 3rd and 8, etc. weren't they?

I hope they DON'T go to to the ground game! :D

Julio is my 2nd round fantasy pick without a doubt. No need to take him round 1 you are just screwing yourself out of another top player.

He is gonna be a horse this year

Depends where you pick in the first. In a 12 team league 8th at highest will be able to swing around and get him in the 2nd.