Fox Sports Roundtable

atljbo

Dude its about the line.. The RB gets credit to .. I actually think Steven Jackson ran HARD at the end of the year but the line has to supply the running lanes.

The D has some part in this...When you are ahead on teams... Your D should be able to cause a turnover. During that 2012 playoff season.. Every team the 49ers played got an int vs Kaep except us and we had the biggest lead.

Agree 1000%. Even about SJax, he started to run hard towards the end of the year. Once healthy and was comfy in the offense with the line blocking well, after Hawley took over he looked soooo much better.

D@mn good video. Amazing statistic about Ryan , I can't believe how accurate he was under that much pressure. I mean, I knew he was accurate, but to put an actual percentage behind it, wows the f*ck out of me. Given the attention to both lines this off-season, I think we see a new level to Ryan.

I agree 100% with Moss and jbo. Even with all the pressure put on Matty, he still brought us back in games

only to see our defense get blown away at the end and lose.

Coach Smitty has got to find a way to stop our 3rd and 4th qt playing like zombies.

This problem falls on him as much as the players.

Keep scoring on Off. and hunker down on Def. Having a decent running game wouldn't hurt.

I agree 100% with Moss and jbo. Even with all the pressure put on Matty, he still brought us back in games

only to see our defense get blown away at the end and lose.

Coach Smitty has got to find a way to stop our 3rd and 4th qt playing like zombies.

This problem falls on him as much as the players.

Keep scoring on Off. and hunker down on Def. Having a decent running game wouldn't hurt.

Staying aggressive on D would help a lot. Stop going into prevent and other crap like that in the 3rd with a one score lead. It's dumb.

My biggest gripe with this team and ultimately with Smitty is the lack of mental fortitude. Yes he didn't lose the team. But like Glazer said, the Packers had big injuries when they won the SB because they refused to let it get them down. It was a true next man up mentality. The problem is Smitty's absolute fear of the next man up mentality because he doesn't develop the next man up. If you were good at that, you wouldn't worry about the next man being up. Hopefully, with guys like Worrilow, Bartu, Johnson, Alford and Schraeder showing they can handle at least spot duty, Smitty will suppress this fear.

He doesn't have that killer game day mentality and it's been the problem since he got here. It's not a coincidence we struggle to put teams away. Smitty isn't up his guys' assess about it. Sometimes you just have to be.

Packers had top notch depth tho... They had injuries but Rodgers still had Jordy Nelson who we see is a #1 WR, Jennings, and james jones.... On D they had Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews and Nick Collins.

By no means am i trying to take anything from the Packers... They adjusted nicely but its easier to do that when your true core is still on the field... Besides Finley the main guys you are missing are side piece guys getting injured.

We lost Julio, Roddy, Steven Jackson..... Missing those guys for games at the same time isnt exactly the same.

Im not giving Smitty and this team a pass by no means because if this year doesnt go well, It looks like changes will be made...

The only team i can compare what we went thru is the Pats losing Gronk and Hit em up Hernandez... They were key pieces... But again they had a D to help lean on, a GREAT O-line, and a awesome run game.

The fact that we didnt have that is our fault.

I just think that 2010 Packers team is becoming a urban legend... They did lose a boat load of side peice guys but they did have most of there main core (besides Finley) playing... They had 6 or 7 guys to make the probowl if i remember correctly