Fox Sports Roundtable

atljbo

I really dont listen to predictions because no one knows but i do like listening to them because its a good break down of what happen last year.... Randy Moss killed it ,.. He was dead on

Summery.

Matt Ryan had a good season.

Matt Ryan stood in the pocket and made throws with defenders in his face hitting him.

Our Offense will be back to 2012 status with the improve line and players coming back happy.. Its all about the D-Line on defense.

Jay Glazer was disappointed that when injurys hit us... We couldn't over come

**Go look at the games. See How many games we had a chance to win but guys made mistakes (fumbles or bobble the ball) or our D couldnt stop a team in the last 2 minutes when we had the lead... Besides 3 of the games in the middle of the season when injuries truely hit us. We was in those games with all the injurys.. We lost 7 games by 7 points of less... If you add in HD fluke play vs the 49ers.. Thats 8 games that could have went either way**

Devin Hester will be a impact guy as a returner.. He will affect the O and D.

Can our D-Line ge more pressure.

Randy Moss killed it with this.. Over the last couple of years we have the best starting offense in the league. Can easily get up 10 points or get up 14-3 on teams... Our problem is as a team we flatline in the 3rd and 4th Q.

A run game will help us with that closing problem.

**Go look at the games. See How many games we had a chance to win but guys made mistakes (fumbles or bobble the ball) or our D couldnt stop a team in the last 2 minutes when we had the lead... Besides 3 of the games in the middle of the season when injuries truely hit us. We was in those games with all the injurys.. We lost 7 games by 7 points of less... If you add in HD fluke play vs the 49ers.. Thats 8 games that could have went either way**

That was a problem of depth. I think that the next guy said the same thing, that the Seahawks were built to withstand injuries on defense.

Good video and painfully honest. Moss nailed it, the team starts quickly, and finishes slowly. If the OL can pound the rock with a 17-7 lead, get a few more first downs, another field goal or two, the games don't get so frustrating in the second half. That is what smitty ball is supposed to be. Jump on them early, then strangle them once you have a good lead. I hope that is the case this year.

If the Offense can be top 10 and the defense can be top 16, this team could easily win the division. I just don't have any idea if they can do that. So much change in key areas means I will have to see it on the field to know it.

Thanks for posting jbo.

Good video and painfully honest. Moss nailed it, the team starts quickly, and finishes slowly. If the OL can pound the rock with a 17-7 lead, get a few more first downs, another field goal or two, the games don't get so frustrating in the second half. That is what smitty ball is supposed to be. Jump on them early, then strangle them once you have a good lead. I hope that is the case this year.

If the Offense can be top 10 and the defense can be top 16, this team could easily win the division. I just don't have any idea if they can do that. So much change in key areas means I will have to see it on the field to know it.

Thanks for posting jbo.

I wish we would pretend it's the first drive of the game on every offensive possession. I mean Moss was right, we always score fast and first. So I say pretend it's the first drive every time.

This was a solid discussion, I too agree that when healthy this offense is going to be great. The additions of Asamoah, Matthews and Freeman (let's hope a healthy Baker) can set this offense over the top in terms of getting up early and than eating clock come the third and fourth quarters. Defense has to improve, someone has to breakout and be the guy on defense to be getting the pressure, that girth has to do work as well. Hageman potentially step in and give us a force, I personally think at the end of the season will be in the 10-12 win range !

That was always one of our problems. Never understood it. Get up on teams and fizzle after halftime. That is the reason Matty was leading the league in comebacks. If the team could overcome their flatlining during the second half of games, we would surprise the league.

Because they built leads and relied on the rushing attack to eat clock and finish the game, when other teams keep the attack coming. Either way the Falcons have to do either or better than they have this year and in 2012.

Because they built leads and relied on the rushing attack to eat clock and finish the game, when other teams keep the attack coming. Either way the Falcons have to do either or better than they have this year and in 2012.

Yeah, that's the mentality I don't like. It's not a light switch you can turn on and off, you have to play the entire game with an attack mentality.

Edited by Waterjabbers

Yeah, that's the mentality I don't like. It's not a light switch you can turn on and off, you have to play the entire game with an attack mentality.

Agreed, if we're up by 20 come the third just keep the foot on the pedal and win by 40 is the mentality that I like !

It was years of the same old Smittyball. One would think that they would see it was not working and keep the tempo up. No matter who is the OC, Mularky or Koetter, we still ran it to perfection. LOL.

Why don't we start conservative with run game and D. If it is close then we come out slinging in the 2d half. I think part of our problem is teams figure out our passing attack on the first half. Like a good middle distance race you don't start at a full sprint, leave some for a kick at the end.

This, we need this back.

"You can't fu***ng stop it!"

http://www.nfl.com/v...nd-FX-Matt-Ryan

Dude its about the line.. The RB gets credit to .. I actually think Steven Jackson ran HARD at the end of the year but the line has to supply the running lanes.

The D has some part in this...When you are ahead on teams... Your D should be able to cause a turnover. During that 2012 playoff season.. Every team the 49ers played got an int vs Kaep except us and we had the biggest lead.

I really dont listen to predictions because no one knows but i do like listening to them because its a good break down of what happen last year.... Randy Moss killed it ,.. He was dead on

Summery.

Matt Ryan had a good season.

Matt Ryan stood in the pocket and made throws with defenders in his face hitting him.

Our Offense will be back to 2012 status with the improve line and players coming back happy.. Its all about the D-Line on defense.

Devin Hester will be a impact guy as a returner.. He will affect the O and D.

Can our D-Line ge more pressure.

Randy Moss killed it with this.. Over the last couple of years we have the best starting offense in the league. Can easily get up 10 points or get up 14-3 on teams... Our problem is as a team we flatline in the 3rd and 4th Q.

A run game will help us with that closing problem.

Amen brutha! I've been screaming this since the end of the season. Matt would've thrown for well over 5k yards if it weren't for injuries

My biggest gripe with this team and ultimately with Smitty is the lack of mental fortitude. Yes he didn't lose the team. But like Glazer said, the Packers had big injuries when they won the SB because they refused to let it get them down. It was a true next man up mentality. The problem is Smitty's absolute fear of the next man up mentality because he doesn't develop the next man up. If you were good at that, you wouldn't worry about the next man being up. Hopefully, with guys like Worrilow, Bartu, Johnson, Alford and Schraeder showing they can handle at least spot duty, Smitty will suppress this fear.

He doesn't have that killer game day mentality and it's been the problem since he got here. It's not a coincidence we struggle to put teams away. Smitty isn't up his guys' assess about it. Sometimes you just have to be.