Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

Mike Bell Is Back! Yeah Baby!

31 posts in this topic

I read on Rodney Ho's blog that they didn't renew his contract.

http://radiotvtalk.b...s-92-9the-game/

In a text interview, Bailey said he was not surprised he didn’t get a contract renewal. “I never fit in,” he wrote. “What was the original plan was and where the show was going were two different things. I’ll miss working with Randy every day and the listeners that I gained since I got there and a few others but all in all this is a good thing. The show was spinning wheels with no support or direction. I can leave saying I did my job.”

Bailey wanted to do a “guy show that talked sports.” He felt he could have used more time to build an even bigger audience than he brought. “Needed to reprogram the audience, which was not happening fast enough for them,” he wrote.

Foxx didn’t respond to a call and text for comment.

Although the Game’s ratings overall have been disappointing, you can’t necessarily blame Bailey. Listenership for the morning show among 25 to 54 year olds is actually up 47 percent year over year. The previous show featuring Rick Kimla (now in mid days) with Randy Crossaveraged a 0.75 rating over the first six months of 2013. Bailey with Cross helped improve that to a 1.1 rating for the first half of this year.

I actually liked Bailey but the line about "Reprogramming the audience" is what 92.9 has been doing wrong in my opinion.They appeared to want to be the "objective" station who focused on outside opinions and thoughts on the local teams.Screw that.I can hear hate on the local teams everywhere but they seem to have figured out that wasn't working with the hiring of Marc James and Bell.I do have to say though that I'm unsure how James will do in the morning with Randy Cross.
slamee101 likes this

I actually liked Bailey but the line about "Reprogramming the audience" is what 92.9 has been doing wrong in my opinion.They appeared to want to be the "objective" station who focused on outside opinions and thoughts on the local teams.Screw that.I can hear hate on the local teams everywhere but they seem to have figured out that wasn't working with the hiring of Marc James and Bell.I do have to say though that I'm unsure how James will do in the morning with Randy Cross.

Yeah, I blame 92.9 the game's program director. I mean WTH? I have never seen such a collection of untalented, uninteresting folks who did not really care about the home teams - just d-u-m-b....

Randy Cross - while he has some national name recognition, he is rather ordinary and untalented. Jamie Dukes is okay in small doses but his act gets tiresome afelter awhile. Carl Dukes is never on point with his thoughts.

This station brought in all people from outside ATL yet wanted Atlanta to listen.

92.9 has a great signal with the FM, but I would rather listen to AM static. Hopefully the hiring of Mike Bell is a start of a new direction.

slamee101 likes this

yeah what happened to Bailey?I wasn't familiar with Bell but after listening to him for a couple of hours he actually had me laughing out loud at work.

Bell is funny as hail. Dude should be a comedian.

and Rich Kimal is ******** - he should not have a job in radio in Toledo - much less a top 10 media market like Atlanta.

and Rich Kimal is retarded - he should not have a job in radio in Toledo - much less a top 10 media market like Atlanta.

Rick Camela strikes me as being very over reactionary and Jamie Dukes does this fake laugh thing instead of having an intelligent rebuttal.The fake laugh thing bugs the **** out of me.

I like Kamla generally but he's a basketball guy and that's just not a big deal in Atlanta. I don't hate Jamie Dukes but someone else nailed it earlier in that his routine gets old. He plays radio too much for my liking.

Overall I'm glad Bell is back and I'm interested to see how he'll work out with Carl Dukes but right now Chuck & Chernoff are still the best thing going in Atlanta sports radio as far as I'm concerned.