Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

Mike Bell Is Back! Yeah Baby!

31 posts in this topic

mike bell has joined 92.9 fm it was announced on the show today I've really missed his humor the last couple months on long commutes, thank goodness we don't have to constantly listen to espn on 790 talking about LeBron the god or the latest endlessly repetitious PC topic (redskins, etc) or 680 which just goes on and on about the most boring game outside of soccer, baseball (actually, given the world cup games, I'm beginning to think soccer beats it), not to mention how freakin annoying Buck Ballu (sp?) is.

Anyway, can't wait to hear all the impressions coming our way, and general abuse of Squidbilly.

mike bell has joined 92.9 fm it was announced on the show today I've really missed his humor the last couple months on long commutes, thank goodness we don't have to constantly listen to espn on 790 talking about LeBron the god or the latest endlessly repetitious PC topic (redskins, etc) or 680 which just goes on and on about the most boring game outside of soccer, baseball (actually, given the world cup games, I'm beginning to think soccer beats it), not to mention how freakin annoying Buck Ballu (sp?) is.

Anyway, can't wait to hear all the impressions coming our way, and general abuse of Squidbilly.

That's great news! What time slot will he be on?

no I think it's bell and Jamie dukes (I think that was the guy who announced it, bell came on to talk a bit too--whoever announced it will be working with bell, but archer not mentioned)

cool... now we need to get "soon to be famous" the "Stews"and Chillenie we will finally get some good local sports....... dry.png

What a shame, and a complete waste of talent. The city of Atlanta apologizes to you, Mike Bell.

Mike Bell>>>anyone who has ever raised a family in Atlanta.

no I think it's bell and Jamie dukes (I think that was the guy who announced it, bell came on to talk a bit too--whoever announced it will be working with bell, but archer not mentioned)

It's Bell and Carl Dukes, the guy who had been working the 2-6 show before. He's not bad actually but I didn't listen because Kordell Stewart was THE WORST!

It's Bell and Carl Dukes, the guy who had been working the 2-6 show before. He's not bad actually but I didn't listen because Kordell Stewart was THE WORST!

Yeah, Carl Dukes is okay. I'm looking forward to this. As long as they give Bell the reins, it will be a good show.

It's been rough for 92.9 they go through talent faster than wilt Chamberlin

Well despite the 24 hour coverage and the strong signal they went with a bunch of out of towers that didn't know much about local sports and I think that has ultimately been their big mistake. With 790 going under I figured the smart move would be for them to poach some of their talent and lose some dead weight.

With 790 going under I figured the smart move would be for them to poach some of their talent and lose some dead weight.

Hiring Dave Archer and John Michaels on would be a great start.

JDaveG likes this

Hiring Dave Archer and John Michaels on would be a great start.

I agree. Not sure if the Archer thing is tied to 790 still being the Falcons station from what I understand. While they have no local shows I think they're still going to air the Falcons game and do the pregame coverage. At least I thought Jay Adams said something like that.

The new dude that was with Carl Dukes is going to the morning show. Jason Bailey is gone. I liked Jason Bailey.

yeah what happened to Bailey?I wasn't familiar with Bell but after listening to him for a couple of hours he actually had me laughing out loud at work.

I'm just glad we have a local guy who is actually funnier than Stugats / Bomani(sp?) and that crowd on espn radio in the afternoons-- I really tried to like them, but something just very annoying about that show, too chatty and too much about them. Bell is kindof like the drinking buddy I'd like to have, but I'm too mature / too much a family man for. I used to really like steak, dimino, chellini together--somehow when I hear the first two now, they seem diminished and not as entertaining.

yeah what happened to Bailey?I wasn't familiar with Bell but after listening to him for a couple of hours he actually had me laughing out loud at work.

I read on Rodney Ho's blog that they didn't renew his contract.

http://radiotvtalk.b...s-92-9the-game/

In a text interview, Bailey said he was not surprised he didn’t get a contract renewal. “I never fit in,” he wrote. “What was the original plan was and where the show was going were two different things. I’ll miss working with Randy every day and the listeners that I gained since I got there and a few others but all in all this is a good thing. The show was spinning wheels with no support or direction. I can leave saying I did my job.”

Bailey wanted to do a “guy show that talked sports.” He felt he could have used more time to build an even bigger audience than he brought. “Needed to reprogram the audience, which was not happening fast enough for them,” he wrote.

Foxx didn’t respond to a call and text for comment.

Although the Game’s ratings overall have been disappointing, you can’t necessarily blame Bailey. Listenership for the morning show among 25 to 54 year olds is actually up 47 percent year over year. The previous show featuring Rick Kimla (now in mid days) with Randy Crossaveraged a 0.75 rating over the first six months of 2013. Bailey with Cross helped improve that to a 1.1 rating for the first half of this year.

Yeah, Carl Dukes is okay. I'm looking forward to this. As long as they give Bell the reins, it will be a good show.

Carl Dukes sucks - he needs to get fired and bring in Arch...

I actually think Carl is alright. I like Arch but I think he and Bell will be good together.

I said earlier, I wonder if the Falcons deal is why Arch is not able to jump to another station. 790 reportedly still has the rights to Falcons games/coverage.