Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,736 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Did anything ever happen with the cops who harassed your brother beside the road?

I don't know, I need to ask him. 

16 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Our police department recently conducted a cell phone use while driving sting campaign on the north end of town. They had cops dressed as construction workers who acted as spotters for people looking down at their phones, driving or stopped at a light, and radioed to motorcycle cops who then handed out $200 + tickets. They got like 75 people in one day. 

******* ***  holes. 

I'm actually happy about that.  I can't stand it when people have their heads in their phones instead of actually paying attention to driving...

Just now, capologist said:

I'm actually happy about that.  I can't stand it when people have their heads in their phones instead of actually paying attention to driving...

It's an example of good intentions being abused.  We have a horrendous crime problem in Columbus, but instead they're on the nice end of town giving out tickets to soccer moms. 

A guy knocked on my front door while my wife, baby, and mom were inside, and just stood outside for 15 minutes, in broad daylight last week before I got home.  But let's increase ticket revenue.

17 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

So I watched a little bit of LivePD this weekend. It's basically a more boring version of "Cops" that's plausibly shown live.

If there were no drug war, there would literally be nothing to show. It's just 3 hours of small town cops pulling over people that they know to be users and shaking them down to find a roach or meth pipe. Way to keep the streets safe, guys. 

On one of them this weekend in SC, they had a stop where the guy had a gun and it was handled correctly (unlike the Castile incident).  Officer immediately asked where it was  (which Yanez failed to do) and then told the guy not to reach in that area.  Then he calmly got the passenger and the driver out of the vehicle so no misunderstandings would take place.  Really a textbook example of how to handle that IMO.  Yes, the driver and passenger were black and yes, the officer was white and yes, no one got killed...

mfaulk57158 likes this

51 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It's an example of good intentions being abused.  We have a horrendous crime problem in Columbus, but instead they're on the nice end of town giving out tickets to soccer moms. 

A guy knocked on my front door while my wife, baby, and mom were inside, and just stood outside for 15 minutes, in broad daylight last week before I got home.  But let's increase ticket revenue.

They probably got a federal grant or just paid overtime for those offficers.  When they run special details nothing is being taken away from the public safety.  

But when a driver hits and kills a family everyone asks why haven't they run a special detail to stop soccer moms from driving distracted.  

cant win 

3 hours ago, capologist said:

On one of them this weekend in SC, they had a stop where the guy had a gun and it was handled correctly (unlike the Castile incident).  Officer immediately asked where it was  (which Yanez failed to do) and then told the guy not to reach in that area.  Then he calmly got the passenger and the driver out of the vehicle so no misunderstandings would take place.  Really a textbook example of how to handle that IMO.  Yes, the driver and passenger were black and yes, the officer was white and yes, no one got killed...

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut... occasionally

20 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Our police department recently conducted a cell phone use while driving sting campaign on the north end of town. They had cops dressed as construction workers who acted as spotters for people looking down at their phones, driving or stopped at a light, and radioed to motorcycle cops who then handed out $200 + tickets. They got like 75 people in one day. 

******* ***  holes. 

Yeah, they're ******* *** holes for possibly saving someones life.  I'm glad they busted them.  Hands free dipsquats.  I betcha a handful of those 75 will learn a lesson that will be beneficial to them.  Check stats of accidents/deaths and insurance rising costs since the advent of cell phone usage.  

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I'm all for the Second Amendment, but these open carry twats are the absolute worst. 

Was talking to a friend about that. I compared them to a drunk college girl who wants to make sure you know she's drunk. Both are unbearably obnoxious 

kicker likes this

18 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut... occasionally

So all cops are bad.  And they're the ones that are prejudiced...  

38 minutes ago, kicker said:

So all cops are bad.  And they're the ones that are prejudiced...  

*Video/police report at the link*

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article158378419.html#fmp

A black man was ticketed for crossing a street without an ID and threatened with jail

A young African-American man is stopped for jaywalking. A white law enforcement officer sternly orders him to the police car, threatens to put him in jail, and tells him he needs to have identification on him at all times — and tickets him for not carrying his ID.

Miami Beach, 1962? No, Jacksonville, 2017.

Such was the encounter between Jacksonville Sheriff’s Officer J.S. Bolen and Devonte Shipman last week.

Bolen accused Shipman, 21, and a pal of jaywalking. And, as the video posted June 20 to Shipman’s Facebook’s page showed, such behavior would not be tolerated on Bolen’s watch.

The video opens with Shipman asking what he did wrong. Bolen tells Shipman: “Take your camera and point it across there at the red hand,” and then says that Shipman and his friend crossed against the light.

“My bad,” Shipman says to Bolen, who tells him that jaywalking is a $65 fine and orders him to the police car. Shipman, at first, refuses. Bolen then threatens: “I’m about to put you in jail” for resisting an officer without violence.

As Shipman walks toward the car, Bolen asks for his identification. Shipman says he doesn’t have it and Bolen snaps, “That’s another infraction. In the state of Florida, you have to have an ID card on you identifying who you are or I can detain you for seven hours until I figure out who you are.”

That’s not the law, however.

One of Bolen’s citations says Shipman violated Florida Statute 322.15, which states, “Every licensee shall have his or her driver license, which must be fully legible with no portion of such license faded, altered, mutilated, or defaced, in his or her immediate possession at all times when operating a motor vehicle and shall present or submit the same upon the demand of a law enforcement officer or an authorized representative of the department.”

Shipman wasn’t operating a motor vehicle, though. He was operating his feet.

Bolen gave Shipman a citation for failing to obey a pedestrian control signal, a $62.50 fine, and drivers license not carried/exhibited on demand (322.15), a $136 fine.

According to the Florida Times-Union, the JSO is reviewing the video, but Officer Bolen isn’t under investigation at this time.

7 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

*Video/police report at the link*

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article158378419.html#fmp

A black man was ticketed for crossing a street without an ID and threatened with jail

A young African-American man is stopped for jaywalking. A white law enforcement officer sternly orders him to the police car, threatens to put him in jail, and tells him he needs to have identification on him at all times — and tickets him for not carrying his ID.

Miami Beach, 1962? No, Jacksonville, 2017.

Such was the encounter between Jacksonville Sheriff’s Officer J.S. Bolen and Devonte Shipman last week.

Bolen accused Shipman, 21, and a pal of jaywalking. And, as the video posted June 20 to Shipman’s Facebook’s page showed, such behavior would not be tolerated on Bolen’s watch.

The video opens with Shipman asking what he did wrong. Bolen tells Shipman: “Take your camera and point it across there at the red hand,” and then says that Shipman and his friend crossed against the light.

“My bad,” Shipman says to Bolen, who tells him that jaywalking is a $65 fine and orders him to the police car. Shipman, at first, refuses. Bolen then threatens: “I’m about to put you in jail” for resisting an officer without violence.

As Shipman walks toward the car, Bolen asks for his identification. Shipman says he doesn’t have it and Bolen snaps, “That’s another infraction. In the state of Florida, you have to have an ID card on you identifying who you are or I can detain you for seven hours until I figure out who you are.”

That’s not the law, however.

One of Bolen’s citations says Shipman violated Florida Statute 322.15, which states, “Every licensee shall have his or her driver license, which must be fully legible with no portion of such license faded, altered, mutilated, or defaced, in his or her immediate possession at all times when operating a motor vehicle and shall present or submit the same upon the demand of a law enforcement officer or an authorized representative of the department.”

Shipman wasn’t operating a motor vehicle, though. He was operating his feet.

Bolen gave Shipman a citation for failing to obey a pedestrian control signal, a $62.50 fine, and drivers license not carried/exhibited on demand (322.15), a $136 fine.

According to the Florida Times-Union, the JSO is reviewing the video, but Officer Bolen isn’t under investigation at this time.

These cops are losing their frickin' nut.

They'll be goose-stepping next.

Bunchy Carter likes this

6 minutes ago, notthatcool said:

I love how people can tell what is going on by looking at a photograph. 

I love how people have the privilege to sit in safety and judge the endangered.

33 minutes ago, Statick said:

These cops are losing their frickin' nut.

They'll be goose-stepping next.

No no no... you've got it all wrong! These are heroes! They have a tough job, and they're just trying to make it home each day! /S

1 minute ago, Statick said:

You don't need that much context when you see a hand on the butt of a gun, right-handed grip, right leg back and left foot forward.

Not to mention the AR-15 slung around his left shoulder NOT ACROSS HIS BACK.

Andrews_31 and Statick like this

What if the guy is an plain clothed cop or something?   I don't even understand the context of the photo.  Was just real curious how anyone else could. 

16 minutes ago, notthatcool said:

What if the guy is an plain clothed cop or something?   I don't even understand the context of the photo.  Was just real curious how anyone else can

Tensions flare as Confederate flag supporter reaches for gun when confronted by protests – in pictures

The rally was held on a mountain where the KKK reformed

Click to follow
The Independent US

Confederate-Flag-Protest-1-AP.jpg Man confronts Confederate flag rally AP

Police stepped in to stop protests escalating as hundreds of people gathered at Stone Mountain in Georgia this weekend to celebrate the Confederate flag, as calls continue across the country for the flag to be banned.

A police officer was forced to step in, as one pro-Confederate attendee reached for his weapon as tensions escalated. Extra officers had been drafted in for the day.

Confederate-Flag-Rally-3-AP.jpg
AP

The rally comes in the wake of the June Charleston shooting, where 21-year-old white supremacist Dylann Roof is accused of shooting dead nine black Americans at a South Carolina church. Roof was pictured posing with the Confederate flag before the mass shooting.

Pro-Confederate supporters were also in attendance to argue against any restrictions on gun control.

Confederate-Flag-Rally-2-EPA.jpg
EPA

A place of historical significance to pro-Confederate flag supporters, Stone Mountain is home to the Confederate Memorial Carving, which depicts three Confederate leaders of the American Civil War.

Confederate-Flag-Protest-4-EPA.jpg

Stone Mountain is also infamous as the site where the second Klu Klux Klan (KKK) was formed in 1915, after a forty-year dormancy in Gerogia. The white supremacist organisation members burnt a cross on the site some 100 years ago, with the second Klan going on to attract about 5 million supporters by the early 1920's.

Confederate-Flag-Protest-6-EPA.jpg
EPA

Campaigners across the United States have been calling for the Confederate battle flag to be removed from government property, including state capitols and Confederate-branded license plates.

Confederate-Flag-Protest-10-AP.jpg
AP

Speaking at the memorial for a pastor killed in the Charleston shooting, President Obama said: "we all have to acknowledge the flag has always represented more than just ancestral pride. For many, black and white, that flag was a reminder of systemic oppression and racial subjugation."

Confederate-Flag-Protest-5-EPA.jpg
EPA

Campaigners, who argue the flag is a symbol of racism, turned out to counter the pro-Confederate rally, just days after confirmation that Confederate battle flags were placed on the grounds of Martin Luther King's church. Police have reported that the incident occurred on Thursday, when two men placed several of the flags at the  Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta.

Confederate-Flag-Protest-7-EPA.jpg
EPA

According to local news reports, one park visitor, not part of the protests, said the flag is "like the swastika... It's not good – it should come down."

A pro-Confederate flag supporter shouted at a counter-protester who dressed as a slave to the event.

Confederate-Flag-Protest-8-EPA.jpg
EPA

Among African-Americans, 72% see the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism, compared to just 25% of white U.S. citizens. In the South, 75% of black people see it as a symbol of racism.

Andrews_31 and Bunchy Carter like this