Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,738 posts in this topic

ST LOUIS – A black off-duty St. Louis police officer was shot by a white on-duty police officer from the same department who apparently mistook him for a fleeing suspect, according to a statement from the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.

At about 10 p.m. Wednesday evening, St. Louis police received a report that a stolen vehicle had been spotted. Officers laid down spike strips and turned on their lights, but the occupants of the vehicle allegedly opened fire on police. Officers followed the car until it crashed.

According to the police statement, the armed suspects then fled on foot. Meanwhile, an off-duty officer who lived near where the crash occurred came outside with his department issued firearm after hearing the commotion. 

Two officers "challenged the off-duty officer and ordered him to the ground," the department said. The officer complied and once they recognized him the on-duty officers told him "to stand up and walk toward them."

At about the same time, another officer who had just arrived on the scene saw what was happening and "fearing for his safety and apparently not recognizing the off-duty officer, discharged a shot, striking the off-duty officer in the arm."

The injured officer was taken to the hospital and has since been released. He is described as 38 year old with 11 years of service. The department says that the officer who allegedly shot him is 36 years old with over eight years of service.

Two of the three suspects in the stolen car chase were taken into custody and booked on $500,000 cash bond. One suspect is still at large.

Bunchy Carter likes this

15 hours ago, lostone said:

I am terrified to get pulled over.  If I am killed, no matter what it will be my fault.  I will have done something wrong to have deserved it.  Like that time I got a speeding ticket when I was 19 or that time I crossed the double yellow lines in SC and was reduced to a seat belt violation.  They will also put up my worst picture they can find of my non smiling face at work.

Right now I'm wishing I had some mad photoshop skillz. 

34 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I used to live in Palmdale where this happened. I also noticed that the article doesn't mention the race of the deceased.

20 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I used to live in Palmdale where this happened. I also noticed that the article doesn't mention the race of the deceased.

The LA Times did.

The teen was identified by family members as Armando Garcia-Muro, who was about to enter his senior year at R. Rex Parris High School in Palmdale.  A tragedy no doubt, but it wasn't motivated by politics, nor race. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-palmdale-deputy-shooting-20170622-story.html

40 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The LA Times did.

The teen was identified by family members as Armando Garcia-Muro, who was about to enter his senior year at R. Rex Parris High School in Palmdale.  A tragedy no doubt, but it wasn't motivated by politics, nor race. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-palmdale-deputy-shooting-20170622-story.html

While I see your point...a Spanish last name doesn't at all describe race. There are Black Hispanics, White Hispanics, and indigenous Hispanics...

Also, as I mentioned I used to live in Palmdale. I'm very familiar with the area and I can assure you that this wouldn't have happened in Quartz Hill, which is less than 15 mins away but LIGHT YEARS away in every measurable socioeconomic category.

Just now, Bunchy Carter said:

While I see your point...a Spanish last name doesn't at all describe race. There are Black Hispanics, White Hispanics, and indigenous Hispanics...

Also, as I mentioned I used to live in Palmdale. I'm very familiar with the area and I can assure you that this wouldn't have happened in Quartz Hill, which is less than 15 mins away but LIGHT YEARS away in every measurable socioeconomic category.

What are you saying about his name?  Why are you citing three degrees of Hispanics?   Are you claiming this to be a racial issue?  Just so I understand where you're coming from.  

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

The story says a bullet also hit another cop when they were shooting at the dog. I don't think these cops were well-versed in proper firearm usage.

Bing bing bing...ricochet rabbit

0:24 mark

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

What are you saying about his name?  Why are you citing three degrees of Hispanics?   Are you claiming this to be a racial issue?  Just so I understand where you're coming from.  

I'm not claiming anything. I'm saying that EVERYTHING is political. Whether or not this is racially motivated is immaterial... it's difficult for me to imagine little Brett with his golden retriever being shot. Accidentally or otherwise.

Again, I'm not saying this was intentional or malicious. I'm saying the officer's cavalier attitude was influenced by the environment.

Edited by Bunchy Carter

2 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I'm not claiming anything. I'm saying that EVERYTHING is political. Whether or not this is racially motivated is immaterial... it's difficult for me to imagine little Brett with his golden retriever being shot. Accidentally or otherwise.

Again, I'm not saying this was intentional or malicious. I'm saying the officer's cavalier attitude was influenced by the environment.

In their defense Bunchy, a golden retriever is not actually a potential threat to a police officer in MOST cases. 

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

In their defense Bunchy, a golden retriever is not actually a potential threat to a police officer in MOST cases. 

I can agree. I exaggerated to best illustrate my position.

18 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Wow!! Seriously wow! What is preventing them from charging and arresting these guys right away? How can an on-duty officer shut off the audio? Wouldn't that be illegal?

Bunchy Carter likes this

12 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

Wow!! Seriously wow! What is preventing them from charging and arresting these guys right away? How can an on-duty officer shut off the audio? Wouldn't that be illegal?

What is preventing them from being charged? Well...sit yourself on down:

Police in the USA act as the military arm of oppression. Therefore, justice is only meted out for those who have the privilege of protection.

When you mix xenophobia and hyper-patriotism with the sensationalized hero worship of officers you create an environment that lacks accountability.

The overwhelming majority of people in America have the privilege of overlooking the goings on by victim blaming. Cognitive dissonance is a real b*tch!

Anywho... police have entered the protected class generally reserved for military heroes and the like. 

Good luck turning the tide without lots of bloodshed, but largely...THIS is the America Americans want.

Edited by Bunchy Carter
dmo_dlo likes this

http://circa.com/circa-now/a-handcuffed-african-american-male-was-tased-twice-by-police

*The video is DISGUSTING*

The Balch Springs police department in Texas was already under heat after one of its police officers shot and killed unarmed 15-year-old Jordan Edwards a month ago. Now, as the Department of Justice is investigating the case, another leaked video shows their officers in another incident.

The footage was shown to Chief Jonathan Haber by police officers who were concerned with the sergeant's action in the video. In it, the supervising sergeant tases the 39-year-old Marco Stephenson not once, but twice. It was recorded on a police body cam on April 28, 2016. 

According to KDFW-TV in Dallas, Chief Haber is "concerned about the timing of the video leak and how it might affect the perception of his officers."

The video was obtained by KDF-TV in Dallas

Balch Springs PD made their twitter account private after the video went up. 

So I watched a little bit of LivePD this weekend. It's basically a more boring version of "Cops" that's plausibly shown live.

If there were no drug war, there would literally be nothing to show. It's just 3 hours of small town cops pulling over people that they know to be users and shaking them down to find a roach or meth pipe. Way to keep the streets safe, guys. 

Our police department recently conducted a cell phone use while driving sting campaign on the north end of town. They had cops dressed as construction workers who acted as spotters for people looking down at their phones, driving or stopped at a light, and radioed to motorcycle cops who then handed out $200 + tickets. They got like 75 people in one day. 

******* ***  holes. 

capologist likes this

12 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Our police department recently conducted a cell phone use while driving sting campaign on the north end of town. They had cops dressed as construction workers who acted as spotters for people looking down at their phones, driving or stopped at a light, and radioed to motorcycle cops who then handed out $200 + tickets. They got like 75 people in one day. 

******* ***  holes. 

Did anything ever happen with the cops who harassed your brother beside the road?