Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,735 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Why bother? He and people like him will NEVER admit to the truth. It's ridiculously obvious why too. Just know what it is and keep on living bro. 

LOL, as if you know anything about me...

2 hours ago, mfaulk57158 said:

Check the statements he made to another officer after the shooting.  Yanez admitted he didn't know where the gun was and he did not see it.  There is also an exchange on tape where the girlfriend explains he was reaching for his wallet.  

Edit: I'll make it easier.........Castille was shot two seconds after telling Yanez he had a gun.  Take a look at the video and you will see dude pull the stick and just start firing.

https://saboteur365.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/dashcam-video-of-philando-castile-shooting-released-today/

Yanez, 29, testified Friday that he clearly saw Castile’s gun and that Castile disregarded his commands not to pull it out. The officer said he fired because he feared for his life.

Paulsen (Prosecutor) reminded the jury of a bullet wound to what would have been Castile’s trigger finger — and that there was no corresponding bullet damage nor wounds in the area of Castile’s right shorts pocket, where he carried his gun. He also cited testimony from first responders of Castile’s gun falling out of his pocket as he was loaded onto a backboard.

And he asked the jury to consider what might have happened if Yanez, when told of the gun, had simply stepped back a few feet to better assess the situation. The officer might have heard Castile say he was just trying to get his wallet, Paulsen said."

Also

"

Later in the video, when Yanez is interviewed by another officer, he admits that he didn’t actually see Castile grab for a gun. He notes, however, that he was nervous after he asked to see Castile’s license, and Castile “had his grip a lot wider than a wallet.” Yanez says: “I didn’t know where the gun was, he didn’t tell me where the ****in’ gun was, and then it was just gettin’ hanky. He was just staring straight ahead, and I was gettin’ ****in’ nervous and then … I told him to get his ****in’ hand off his gun … ****.”

"

Thanks for the rational reply, I'll get back to this as soon as I can. :)

2 hours ago, capologist said:

I don't know much about you either, but even with video from the cop and from the victim, it does seem you are siding with the cop.

Bunchy Carter likes this

11 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Man I don't ever want to watch that again.  

Pretty much confirms what insaid earlier.  Cops have too much latitude.  Yanez should have asked where the gun was.  Castile should have kept his hands in the wheel, even though Yanez asked for his ID.  Deescalate situation.  There were two cops there.  Easily could have solved this issue.  

This is the part that y'all are overlooking.  Castile as a CWP holder has a higher duty to manage his firearm.  Yanez has a higher duty to know how to handle the situation (ask where the gun is located, tell Castile to keep hands up on steering wheel). Honestly, I find fault in both of these guys.  It's a horrible preventable tragedy by both individuals.  

28 minutes ago, kicker said:

Castile as a CWP holder has a higher duty to manage his firearm.  Yanez has a higher duty to know how to handle the situation (ask where the gun is located, tell Castile to keep hands up on steering wheel)

As a CWP holder, Castile did right when he told the cop that he had a firearm in order to inform so the officer wouldn't freak out over it. Both of his hands were visible until the officer asked for his I.D. It wasn't his fault that Yanez was scared at the thought that a black man had a gun, legally permitted or not. He shouldn't have given conflicting commands. You could hear it in his voice he knew that he screwed up.

mfaulk57158 and Bunchy Carter like this

19 minutes ago, Statick said:

As a CWP holder, Castile did right when he told the cop that he had a firearm in order to inform. Both of his hands were visible until the officer asked for his I.D. It wasn't his fault that Yanez was scared at the thought that a black man had a gun, legally permitted or not. He shouldn't have given conflicting commands. You could hear it in his voice he knew that he screwed up.

This was pretty clearly, based on no evidence whatsoever, a race related shooting.  

1 hour ago, Statick said:

I don't know much about you either, but even with video from the cop and from the victim, it does seem you are siding with the cop.

How am I siding with the cop by saying I can see both sides and that's why we need body cameras?  That makes no sense to me.

40 minutes ago, kicker said:

Man I don't ever want to watch that again.  

Pretty much confirms what insaid earlier.  Cops have too much latitude.  Yanez should have asked where the gun was.  Castile should have kept his hands in the wheel, even though Yanez asked for his ID.  Deescalate situation.  There were two cops there.  Easily could have solved this issue.  

This is the part that y'all are overlooking.  Castile as a CWP holder has a higher duty to manage his firearm.  Yanez has a higher duty to know how to handle the situation (ask where the gun is located, tell Castile to keep hands up on steering wheel). Honestly, I find fault in both of these guys.  It's a horrible preventable tragedy by both individuals.  

Exactly where I'm at with it.  I can truly see both sides of the argument.  IF body cameras were mandatory (like I said earlier), we'd know exactly what Castile was doing and what Yanez was reacting to.  I'd also love to hear from the jury as well.  There's plenty of evidence, etc that hasn't been released (another reason I'm hesitant to jump to one side or the other at this point).  I can definitely see the point that Yanez should have been explicit in his instructions and that Castile should have only reached for his pocket after making it clear what he was reaching for and after being clearly instructed to do so.  Yanez also should have asked where the gun was when informed one was present so that he'd be aware of it's exact location.  A lot of things wrong with this incident on both sides but as we all know hindsight is always 20/20.

15 minutes ago, capologist said:

How am I siding with the cop by saying I can see both sides and that's why we need body cameras?  That makes no sense to me.

Even with the Facebook Live video and audio aside, I just get the feeling that even with a body camera and satellite view, it wouldn't be sufficient.

Bunchy Carter likes this

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

Even with the Facebook Live video and audio aside, I just get the feeling that even with a body camera and satellite view, it wouldn't be sufficient.

Let's be honest, the Facebook live video was after the fact and really proved nothing.  I'm actually more astonished she was in any kind of state of mind to be able to do that.  The body camera would have been directly on Castile and every movement recorded.  I don't see how that would leave anything (other than the actual actions) unclear as to what actually occurred.

4 minutes ago, capologist said:

Let's be honest, the Facebook live video was after the fact and really proved nothing.  I'm actually more astonished she was in any kind of state of mind to be able to do that.  The body camera would have been directly on Castile and every movement recorded.  I don't see how that would leave anything (other than the actual actions) unclear as to what actually occurred.

From what we've seen, even with a body camera, all it would take is the cop catch-all phrase: "I was afraid for my life."

Bunchy Carter likes this

8 minutes ago, Statick said:

From what we've seen, even with a body camera, all it would take is the cop catch-all phrase: "I was afraid for my life."

I'd like to at least try it before rushing to that kind of judgment though...

11 minutes ago, capologist said:

I'd like to at least try it before rushing to that kind of judgment though...

From my vantage point, forgive me if I don't share in the optimism.

Bunchy Carter likes this

19 minutes ago, Statick said:

From my vantage point, forgive me if I don't share in the optimism.

I can certainly understand that.

So, basically the victim "shares" some blame here because he didn't disregard the command of the supposed professionally trained peace officer to produce his I.D.?

That's interesting because usually every time I see one of the these incidents the usual refrain is that they can be avoided by listening to the cop.

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

So, basically the victim "shares" some blame here because he didn't disregard the command of the supposed professionally trained peace officer to produce his I.D.?

That's interesting because usually every time I see one of the these incidents the usual refrain is that they can be avoided by listening to the cop.

Whatever it takes to justify their view that cops arent oppressors and sometimes murderers.

Bunchy Carter likes this

3 hours ago, kicker said:

This was pretty clearly, based on no evidence whatsoever, a race related shooting.  

A black guy is pulled over because his "wide set nose" resembles that of a robber suspect....I think you are trolling at this moment.

43 minutes ago, mfaulk57158 said:

A black guy is pulled over because his "wide set nose" resembles that of a robber suspect....I think you are trolling at this moment.

And you think that makes this whole situation racist?  

51 minutes ago, mfaulk57158 said:

Whatever it takes to justify their view that cops arent oppressors and sometimes murderers.

Sometimes they absolutely are.  And I've already said I believe Yanez shares blame.  I dont believe it's a simple situation that Yanez is 100% at fault however.  Sorry for the inconvenience in your racism narrative.  

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

You can both comply with an officers request and delay immediately reaching for your wallet which is located inches from your firearm until you calmly explain the proximity of each to one another.  

Or not.  

7 hours ago, capologist said:

Lol, as if you're not as transparent as a picture window in a Nunnery.

...And a policeman has just been stabbed in the back and in the neck in Flint, Michigan.

Reason why is unknown at this juncture. Could be terrorism.

1 hour ago, kicker said:

You can both comply with an officers request and delay immediately reaching for your wallet which is located inches from your firearm until you calmly explain the proximity of each to one another.  

Or not.  

Yeah, YOU can. Because you are white.

All we can do is pray we don't get shot. But we can't clasp our hands like people traditionally do when they pray, that'll probably get us shot. 

Have You ever literally prayed you make it out of a traffic stop alive? Can you imagine what that's like? 

50 minutes ago, kicker said:

Or not.  

Um... no.  That doesn't make any sense with all due respect.  You just can't have it both ways with this one.

If you are delaying an order you are by definition not complying.  And if there is one set of rules you are taught from the jump as a person of color, especially a young man of color is that you comply.  It's "yes, sir", "no, sir", you don't talk back and you do exactly what you are told.

All this "delaying" and "let me explain", I'm just gonna put it like this as delicately as possible... those aren't options that are readily available to all members of this society.

Andrews_31 and Statick like this