Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,736 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2017 at 7:55 PM, kicker said:

1.  No clue.  

2.  That wasn't his only other option.  He could have informed the officer where the gun was and the proximity of it to the officer, or had the officer disarm him first which is really always the best option.  All that said, from what I've read, nothing that he did deserved the response from the cop.  

Castille did what the officer asked him to do, and he now dead because of it.  Do you not see the irony in this situation?  You are saying that Castille share's blame in his death for not refusing to obey lawful commands....  

There is also the the added issue that the NRA according to you is only concerned about the second Amendment.  Someone is dead because they exercised their second amendment right, and you are okay with an organization that prides itself on defending that right, being silent?  Do you think race has anything to do with the NRA intervening at all?

23 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

This Killer Mike interview explaining why he's an NRA member is a great watch:

hey mike thoughts on the murders in chi town oh nevermind does not match your agenda

We went from of course the NRA will make a statement, they will be all over this one, they are about gun rights not race.  The NRA then says yes we will comment AFTER  a full investigation.  Investigation happens, the cop walks and then of course the goal posts are moved to, well the NRA did make a statement and uhhh you know they are in a no win situation with this one.  This is EXACTLY why the NAACP and BLM are relevant.  This is why the NAACP and BLM are needed.  Groups that are supposed to be about justice and not race are silent when they have the opportunity to make a stand.  The NRA did not make a statement because race is a major part of the hustle they got going.  As stated, the NRA won't ruin their reputation defending a poor black man.  Eric Holder was right, we are a nation of cowards.

Edited by mfaulk57158
Statick and Andrews_31 like this

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Was this just released? Just wondering bc I saw it for the first time tonight...

On 6/19/2017 at 9:24 AM, mfaulk57158 said:

Castille did what the officer asked him to do, and he now dead because of it.  Do you not see the irony in this situation?  You are saying that Castille share's blame in his death for not refusing to obey lawful commands....  

How do you know Castille did what the officer asked?  I'm asking because I haven't seen anything that confirms that (doesn't mean it's not out there, I just don't recall seeing anything).  If the officer told him not to pull his gun out and he continued pulling his weapon out then he didn't follow instructions.  IF (and I emphasize the word) he kept reaching for his gun, a cop can't wait and see what he does next.  Yes, the cop could have made up the whole reaching for his gun thing, I acknowledge that as possible but a jury can't convict someone without contradictory evidence.  To me, it's an argument for mandatory body cameras with audio so we know exactly what happened.

Again, if there's something out there that proves Castille did exactly as the officer instructed, please point me to it.

3 minutes ago, capologist said:

How do you know Castille did what the officer asked?  I'm asking because I haven't seen anything that confirms that (doesn't mean it's not out there, I just don't recall seeing anything).  If the officer told him not to pull his gun out and he continued pulling his weapon out then he didn't follow instructions.  IF (and I emphasize the word) he kept reaching for his gun, a cop can't wait and see what he does next.  Yes, the cop could have made up the whole reaching for his gun thing, I acknowledge that as possible but a jury can't convict someone without contradictory evidence.  To me, it's an argument for mandatory body cameras with audio so we know exactly what happened.

Again, if there's something out there that proves Castille did exactly as the officer instructed, please point me to it.

SOSDD, did you not just see the video?

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

SOSDD, did you not just see the video?

Yep, I did and at no point does it show what's going on inside the car.  You hear the cop say don't pull it out and then he shoots. We can't tell from that video what Castille was doing or not doing.  A body camera would have shown that.  

2 minutes ago, capologist said:

Yep, I did and at no point does it show what's going on inside the car.  You hear the cop say don't pull it out and then he shoots. We can't tell from that video what Castille was doing or not doing.  A body camera would have shown that.  

I'll be honest, I'm not trying to entertain this (at least not with you), it's the same thing with you every time, but if that was a dog getting blasted you'd be mad as all he11!

Statick and Bunchy Carter like this

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

I'll be honest, I'm not trying to entertain this (at least not with you), it's the same thing with you every time, but if that was a dog getting blasted you'd be mad as all he11!

Smh man, really?  Please tell me where I'm wrong in my statement and if you go back and read what I've said, I'm not taking a side, I'm saying we don't know and objectively, we don't know.  A body camera would have made it crystal clear, that's all I've said...

To anyone sensible, is this a reason to shoot someone?

“As he was pulling out his hand I thought I was gonna die, and I thought if he has the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl, and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke ... then what care does he give about me?”

2 minutes ago, capologist said:

Smh man, really?  Please tell me where I'm wrong in my statement and if you go back and read what I've said, I'm not taking a side, I'm saying we don't know and objectively, we don't know.  A body camera would have made it crystal clear, that's all I've said...

Yes, really.  I still remember the Tamir Rice discussion.....................

Bunchy Carter likes this

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

If that's how you feel so be it.  

Another gem from this d!ckhead ex-cop:

Later in the video, when Yanez is interviewed by another officer, he admits that he didn’t actually see Castile grab for a gun. He notes, however, that he was nervous after he asked to see Castile’s license, and Castile “had his grip a lot wider than a wallet.”

4 hours ago, capologist said:

Check the statements he made to another officer after the shooting.  Yanez admitted he didn't know where the gun was and he did not see it.  There is also an exchange on tape where the girlfriend explains he was reaching for his wallet.  

Edit: I'll make it easier.........Castille was shot two seconds after telling Yanez he had a gun.  Take a look at the video and you will see dude pull the stick and just start firing.

https://saboteur365.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/dashcam-video-of-philando-castile-shooting-released-today/

Yanez, 29, testified Friday that he clearly saw Castile’s gun and that Castile disregarded his commands not to pull it out. The officer said he fired because he feared for his life.

Paulsen (Prosecutor) reminded the jury of a bullet wound to what would have been Castile’s trigger finger — and that there was no corresponding bullet damage nor wounds in the area of Castile’s right shorts pocket, where he carried his gun. He also cited testimony from first responders of Castile’s gun falling out of his pocket as he was loaded onto a backboard.

And he asked the jury to consider what might have happened if Yanez, when told of the gun, had simply stepped back a few feet to better assess the situation. The officer might have heard Castile say he was just trying to get his wallet, Paulsen said."

Also

"

Later in the video, when Yanez is interviewed by another officer, he admits that he didn’t actually see Castile grab for a gun. He notes, however, that he was nervous after he asked to see Castile’s license, and Castile “had his grip a lot wider than a wallet.” Yanez says: “I didn’t know where the gun was, he didn’t tell me where the ****in’ gun was, and then it was just gettin’ hanky. He was just staring straight ahead, and I was gettin’ ****in’ nervous and then … I told him to get his ****in’ hand off his gun … ****.”

"

Edited by mfaulk57158

4 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

Why bother? He and people like him will NEVER admit to the truth. It's ridiculously obvious why too. Just know what it is and keep on living bro. 

Cop will always get the benefit of the doubt.  Always, especially in these cases.  With video we have almost no chance of any justice.  

Putting people on a pedestal then letting them oversee themselves.  Then have prosecutors scared to really prosecute because that could hamper other investigations.

amazing how the above is ignored and any excuse is okay.  I definitely need to buy a shotgun.

Bunchy Carter likes this