Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,736 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Statick said:

That kid did absolutely NOTHING  to deserve death.

This is sad, like all the other senseless killings.  I think it is time to give cops mental evaluations prior to, and at regular intervals during employment.  Oh, and kick out the redneck (racist) cops, the chickens with a badge and gun, and the cops on a power trip.  This has gotten out of hand!

20 hours ago, Darth Falcon said:

ROFL cause that's going to work. You don't know kids these days. Heck a 15 year old is more likely to shoot you than a 30 year old. 

Yeah, I'm pretty positive this isnt true. I think you're making a massive leap from generalizing to the small number of adolescent criminals to the population at large. 

If you stand by it, I would appreciate any supportive data. 

14 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

This seems like a win. It isn't. He could be looking at 18-24 months. 

Nah, 24 months for shooting a man in the back and killing him?  

43 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Nah, 24 months for shooting a man in the back and killing him?  

I think they drop the murder charge and let him plead guilty to a civil rights charge.  Definite win for a murderer.

3 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

This seems like a win. It isn't. He could be looking at 18-24 months. 

? He shot an unarmed man in the back who was running away. That's murder 1. There's no self defense, there's no justifiable reason, there's no immediate or secondary threat. The guy is fleeing. That's a crime, a crime of jail time not death penalty. 

On 7/18/2014 at 11:51 AM, Butcher of Bankhead said:

when are we gonna stop this dumb****?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPbxgLY0Js

A New York resident died Thursday after police officers put the man, who was asthmatic, in a chokehold before apparently slamming his head on the ground.

The New York Daily News obtained exclusive video of the incident, which shows Staten Island man Eric Garner, 43, begging officers to let him breathe as he lies on the ground helpless.

Now, his family is demanding accountability from the NYPD.

Police said Garner, who was a married father of six children, died of a heart attackduring the arrest, according to The Associated Press. The NYPD said Garner had been seen selling untaxed cigarettes, and that he had been arrested before for the same offense.

In the video, Garner denied the allegations and asked a plainclothes officer why he was stopped.

“Every time you see me you want to mess with me," Garner told cops in the video. "I’m tired of it. It stops today!”

When Garner refused to put his hands behind his back, and asked one officer not to touch him, two others moved in to make the arrest.

Video shows at least one officer putting Garner in a chokehold and slamming him on the ground.

Garner can be heard screaming "I can't breathe, I can't breathe!" before going quiet.

Multiple witnesses to the death expressed anger at the NYPD.

“They jumped him and they were choking him. He was foaming at the mouth,” 22-year-old Ramsey Orta, who took the video, told The Daily News. “And that’s it, he was done. The cops were saying, ‘No, he’s OK, he’s OK.' He wasn’t OK.”

Another witness said Garner was "absolutely not selling cigarettes," Staten Island Live reported.

Those who knew Garner described him as a "gentle giant" and "a big teddy bear," according to the publication. His family members, including his wife Esaw Garner, said her husband suffered from chronic asthma.

Police told The AP that an investigation into his death is ongoing. The NYPD said Garner "took a fighting stance" and "absolutely resisted arrest."

At a memorial for Garner Thursday night, family members, friends and supporters asked for justice.

"Is this cop still going to be on the force?" one woman asked SI Live. "Is this cop still going to be able to do this to somebody else?"

Community residents are attempting to organize a march on Friday.

cliff notes

On 7/18/2014 at 0:04 PM, capologist said:

I feel bad that the guy died but why did he resist when they put the cuffs on him? Of course, the police are going to get him on the ground and cuff him anyway. That's what they are supposed to do. They didn't punch him, kick him or do anything abusive. It is sad he died but he should have kept quiet and simply asked to leave and if denied ask if he was being put under arrest and what charge. From there, let a lawyer handle it. When you get all animated and put up a fight swinging arms, you've created your own problem. Some of the descriptives in that article simply don't match the video.

Notice at the beginning the two officers are just standing there, not confrontational at all. No raised voices at all except for Garner's voice. When the cops decide to make an arrest, he doesn't get to say "don't touch me, don't touch me". They are going to cuff you whether you want them to or not, whether you believe it's justified or not. When you resist, that "chokehold" is a textbook maneuver as it quickly subdues an agitated suspect. Again, it's extremely sad that he died but to try to blame the officers for this one is just incorrect...

oh someone resisted arrest ok 

Bunchy Carter likes this

17 hours ago, Darth Falcon said:

? He shot an unarmed man in the back who was running away. That's murder 1. There's no self defense, there's no justifiable reason, there's no immediate or secondary threat. The guy is fleeing. That's a crime, a crime of jail time not death penalty. 

But thats not what he pleaded to. So thats not what is going to determine his sentence. 

On 5/3/2017 at 11:33 AM, Andrews_31 said:

This is sad, like all the other senseless killings.  I think it is time to give cops mental evaluations prior to, and at regular intervals during employment.  Oh, and kick out the redneck (racist) cops, the chickens with a badge and gun, and the cops on a power trip.  This has gotten out of hand!

If you figure out a way to test if someone is racist, on a power trip, or is a chicken, please post it on the internet so we can all use it.

Then we can start on the herculean task of convincing city Democrats to get rid of the Union that protects these guys.

And another one……

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/us/terence-crutcher-police-shooting-point-counterpoint/

So not only can a cop walk after shooting a guy in the back running away, planting a taser on them and lying about the encounter while being recorded.  Cops can now also shoot people with their hands up and walk.  Who was that guy that said cops are regularly held responsible for shooting black people?

Andrews_31 likes this

5 hours ago, mfaulk57158 said:

And another one……

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/us/terence-crutcher-police-shooting-point-counterpoint/

So not only can a cop walk after shooting a guy in the back running away, planting a taser on them and lying about the encounter while being recorded.  Cops can now also shoot people with their hands up and walk.  Who was that guy that said cops are regularly held responsible for shooting black people?

I said it.  She was charged.  A jury of 9 white and 3 black people acquited her.  I'm not sure what else you want?  They had all the evidence.  

Also, I'd hardly say Michael Slager "walked."  He is still sitting in prison and will be there for another ~10 years from what I've read.  

capologist and Jimsmusic™ like this

4 hours ago, kicker said:

I said it.  She was charged.  A jury of 9 white and 3 black people acquited her.  I'm not sure what else you want?  They had all the evidence.  

Also, I'd hardly say Michael Slager "walked."  He is still sitting in prison and will be there for another ~10 years from what I've read.  

I want police to be held accountable for taking life when it is not necessary.  We all seen the same evidence, the video that showed a guy who had been searched shot with his hands in the air.  As far as Michael Slager, the dude walked on the murder charge, for you to claim anything different is being disingenuous.  We witnessed a man shoot someone in the back while running and still be let off the hook...for murder.  

With his family and Scott's family present, Slager pleaded guilty Tuesday in US District Court in Charleston to a federal charge of deprivation of rights under the color of law. In exchange for the plea, state murder charges, as well as two other federal charges, will be dismissed."

Edited by mfaulk57158

Just now, mfaulk57158 said:

I want police to be held accountable for taking life when it is not necessary.  We all seen the same evidence, the video that showed a guy who had been searched shot with his hands in the air.  As far as Michael Slager, the dude walked on the murder charge, for you to claim anything different is being disenguious.  We witnessed a man shoot someone in the back while running and still be let off the hook...for murder.  

With his family and Scott's family present, Slager pleaded guilty Tuesday in US District Court in Charleston to a federal charge of deprivation of rights under the color of law. In exchange for the plea, state murder charges, as well as two other federal charges, will be dismissed."

We didn't see all the evidence.  That's a ****ing ridiculous statement.  A jury of her peers exonerated her.  What else would you like?

Slager idn't walk on the murder charge.  He was tried once and it ended on a hung jury.  The whole jury basically said that they thought a murder charge was too much and that if it had been manslaughter that they would likely have been much closer to a conviction, but even the foreman, a black guy, went on the record saying the murder charge was nonsense.  

3 minutes ago, kicker said:

We didn't see all the evidence.  That's a ****ing ridiculous statement.  A jury of her peers exonerated her.  What else would you like?

Slager idn't walk on the murder charge.  He was tried once and it ended on a hung jury.  The whole jury basically said that they thought a murder charge was too much and that if it had been manslaughter that they would likely have been much closer to a conviction, but even the foreman, a black guy, went on the record saying the murder charge was nonsense.  

States have shown over and over that they cannot prosecute law enforcement without bias.  As for your question my answer is below.  Also lol at the jury "basically" said.....juries have been basically saying cops can kill blacks without punishment for a long time in the US.

I would like the federal government to get involved more often in state cases similar these.  Without the Federal government to reign the states minorities would be in trouble.

Bunchy Carter likes this

4 hours ago, mfaulk57158 said:

States have shown over and over that they cannot prosecute law enforcement without bias.  As for your question my answer is below.  Also lol at the jury "basically" said.....juries have been basically saying cops can kill blacks without punishment for a long time in the US.

I would like the federal government to get involved more often in state cases similar these.  Without the Federal government to reign the states minorities would be in trouble.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-slager-trial-foreman-recalls-passionate-emotional-climate/story?id=44059790

You can read it yourself.  The jury foreman is a black man.  When presented with all the evidence, the jury agreed that murder was the wrong charge.  

As for your dismissal of the 6th amendment, well, I've got nothing for you there.  

On 5/18/2017 at 3:39 PM, mfaulk57158 said:

so what you are saying is that you don't want to bother with evidence or due process

capologist likes this

3 hours ago, Dago 3.0 said:

so what you are saying is that you don't want to bother with evidence or due process

No, I am saying that states cannot competently try cops.  Cops should definitely be tried by not by the same DA office that depends on them, not in the same neighborhoods with peers that depend on their public service, it's not some radical idea....The only thing crazy about the way we try cops in this country is all the extra advantages they get in the criminal justice system.  

Edited by mfaulk57158

On 5/18/2017 at 7:17 AM, mfaulk57158 said:

And another one……

Cops can now also shoot people for legally carrying firearms.  After being exposed as a liar dude still walked.  Again, prosecution of cops has to be moved from their own districts.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/minnesota-officer-acquitted-in-shooting-of-black-motorist/ar-BBCKuZX?li=BBnb7Kz