Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,735 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Serge said:

Did we ever find out if Daniel Holtzclaw actually did "it" or if he was the victim of a massive conspiracy?

Compelling arguments put forth, but not enough to change my mind. I tend to not go for criminal justice conspiracy theories though.

I doubt you are, but if interested

https://www.crtv.com/michelle-malkin-investigates?gclid=CKO-so3Z8dACFdgUgQodENYDvA

5 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

The same as my dad had with me when he said he would kick my *** if I ever disrespect a cop.

That right there shows me you don't get it. 

The fact your dad thought he'd have the opportunity to even see you alive again if you disrespected a cop shows you don't understand what it's like on this side. Not to mention, you were told not to disrespect cops, I was raised not to interact with them at all. Because disrespect isn't a prerequisite for a cop to put a bullet in your dome when you come from this walk of life. 

Are all the people cops interact with threats and criminals? No, but they **** sure act like we all (civilians) are in order to keep themselves safe. So why not act like every cop out there is a gun toting murderer with a get out of jail free card that is guaranteed paid vacation for shooting me to keep myself safe? If it's good enough for the goose, right? 

falconsd56 likes this

33 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

I know, I'm above the law.

I don't have to worry about obeying lawful commands when I'm pulled over because I'm almost white. Laws, smaws. That's for minorities to worry over. If I commit a crime, the cops show up for a beer, not to arrest me, and their bullets, tasers, or *** kickings won't work on me anyway. I'm almost white.

Maybe, just maybe it's you that doesn't get it as much as you think you do.

You have a less chance of the "he had a broken tail light" chance.  As soon as you are being arrested go limp.  That is about the only way to be considered not resisting.  

I just wish cops were living in the area's they were sworn to protect or put in work in those communities like the one youtube cop.  That community loves him.

2 hours ago, lostone said:

Bet he's going to be in prison for a long time.  It's where he belongs.  Again, you are missing the point 

I don't think I am missing the point you continue to make.  

If folks would just respect them, they wouldn't have to kill or beat nobody.  Sounds like real gangsta's.

Edited by mfaulk57158

2 hours ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

The fact your dad thought he'd have the opportunity to even see you alive again if you disrespected a cop shows you don't understand what it's like on this side. Not to mention, you were told not to disrespect cops, I was raised not to interact with them at all. Because disrespect isn't a prerequisite for a cop to put a bullet in your dome when you come from this walk of life. 

Are all the people cops interact with threats and criminals? No, but they **** sure act like we all (civilians) are in order to keep themselves safe. So why not act like every cop out there is a gun toting murderer with a get out of jail free card that is guaranteed paid vacation for shooting me to keep myself safe? If it's good enough for the goose, right? 

So the overwhelming majority of people who disrespect the cops are killed? 

No.

I'm sorry, and I really mean no offense to you, but I've read your opinions on cops for years and the idea of thinking of them as "gun toting murderers" is not an attitude that is helpful. In fact, that kind of attitude, I believe, has led to the increase in attacks on officers that we have seen in the last year. In reality, they are people who put their own lives in jeopardy to protect the vast majority of us. There are some "bad" cops... and there are some good people who make REALLY bad mistakes who should never have gone into the profession...but that does not apply to the majority of cops. Even in the event that someone is wrongfully killed by the police, chances are, that officer didn't leave home planning to kill anyone that day. Mistakes happen in every walk of life--including law enforcement--now they are HORRIBLE mistakes and these officers still have to be punished if there is proof of wrongdoing, but to compare them to career criminals who knowingly and willingly destroy their own communities or calling them "gun toting murderers" is a scary thought process to me.

On 9/11, how many officers lost their lives trying to save others? The VAST majority of police officers do so much good and help so many people. Deal with the bad ones when they pop up, but this whole "all cops are bad" or "all cops are murderers" mentality is a part of the problem.

We had an officer killed in my home town this year... he was lured there by a domestic disturbance call. He came to help someone and was murdered for it. Did not draw his weapon. The punk who murdered him ran and was captured by police... he was not harmed. Now, his fiance posts videos of their one year old girl on Facebook holding a framed picture of her daddy while touching his face because she remembers... but that picture is all she has left of him now as she grows up. He wasn't a gun toting murderer. Most of them aren't.

2 hours ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

I'd cite the statistics that shoot this nonsense all to ****, but I've already been informed that the actual numbers don't matter so whatever. If paranoia keeps you and yours safe, then be paranoid.

I've had a cop threaten to kick me down a flight of stairs because I tried to tell my side of an argument. I guess I could have tried to throw him down them instead or told him to go **** himself, but I did the smart thing. choked it down, and left the premises as ordered. It hurt my pride, but if I had made a fight of it, it would have only gone worse for me. The fact that you dismiss my caution because I don't believe the police are out looking to kill me (or you) when they clock in each night is equally ridiculous. No one likes to see a cop in their rear view mirror. no one. Most every time though, there is a valid reason why they're there, and usually the fault for it is our own, not theirs.

That night with the stairs, I was the one who was wrong. He was still a d ick, but he was also right about me.

The problem with trying to have a legit conversation about the issue is, when six cops get shot in one State in a handful of days, and the reply you get is "they will go to jail" or "the cops will kill them." Then you know you might as well talk to a brick wall because there is nothing that will change the hate.  

Funny thing tho about the cops will kill them comment.  Most of the suspects who shoot at cops actually kill themselves before being arrested.  Or maybe the bad cops just make it look like suicide.  Hmmmmm    

I said it doesn't tell the whole story SB.  You point at statistics and stop.  You don't ask why, you are just saying look number bad people!!  For me personally, it's fine, life is pretty good.  I look beyond myself and like to understand why things happen.  Ultimately it is our fault, but there are conditions that got us here.  You wouldn't agree with them, but pain doesn't go away after a generation or 2.  An example is how black people act with light vs dark skin.  Those are remnants of slavery times.  Biblically it's 4 generations... and for some it keeps cycling 

Someone who supports stop and frisk citing statistics is joke.  How many people were stopped frisked in NY were guilty of nothing?

Edited by mfaulk57158

the idea of thinking of them as "gun toting murderers" is not an attitude that is helpful.

Oh I agree whole heartedly, but assuming they are all the worst is the best way to keep myself safe right? I mean, that's how they treat us, so why isn't good enough to interact with them the same. We are all a potential threat right? Potentially armed? Only difference is, I know the police are armed, and I know they will suffer no recourse for killing me. So I just assume they all will given the opportunity. Items kept me safe so far

In fact, that kind of attitude, I believe, has led to the increase in attacks on officers that we have seen in the last year. 

I disagree, I think police attacking and killing people left and right for jollies is what sparked these attacks. 

to compare them to career criminals who knowingly and willingly destroy their own communities or calling them "gun toting murderers" is a scary thought process to me.

That's what they have shown me they are. Only difference is they destroy the neighborhoods they are supposed to be protecting, and don't have to worry about going to jail for it. If they have shown you something different, that's cool. But I don't see it. 

On 9/11, how many officers lost their lives trying to save others? The VAST majority of police officers do so much good and help so many people. 

That's their job, they get a check every few weeks to do those exact things. I'm not applauding someone for something they are supposed to do. 

Deal with the bad ones when they pop up, but this whole "all cops are bad" or "all cops are murderers" mentality is a part of the problem.

hard to deal with the "bad ones" when they are harbored and protected by the bad ones. Already admitted my attitude isn't helping, but it's kept me alive and asswhooping free for this long. 

We had an officer killed in my home town this year... he was lured there by a domestic disturbance call. He came to help someone and was murdered for it. Did not draw his weapon. The punk who murdered him ran and was captured by police... he was not harmed. Now, his fiance posts videos of their one year old girl on Facebook holding a framed picture of her daddy while touching his face because she remembers... but that picture is all she has left of him now as she grows up. He wasn't a gun toting murderer. Most of them aren't.

No doubt that's a sad story. But seems I have heard a version of that story several times a year every year of my entire life. And the people killed weren't armed and had no opportunity to fight back, well there was this one time recently when dude was armed, but he told the guy, didn't make any threatening moves, and the guy still murdered him, can you believe that? So yeah I've heard a few simular stories the big difference is the people that killed them were cleared of all wrong doing. So I kinda get how you feel, but not really. Just hope I don't have to hear another story, but...

If paranoia keeps you and yours safe, then be paranoid.

It keeps the police safe, and out of jail. Why shouldn't I try it out too? 

choked it down, and left the premises as ordered. It hurt my pride, but if I had made a fight of it, it would have only gone worse for me. 

That's the difference, you put them on a pedestal, and as such think it's okay for them to disrespect you and treat like less than you actually are. Nah you don't command respect by betting disrespectful. At least not over this way. 

That night with the stairs, I was the one who was wrong. He was still a d ick, but he was also right about me.

no, you were not wrong in trying to tell your side. He was wrong for treating you like less than a person. If  jail is a possibility anyone is going to want to tell their side. And as a police officer it's his job to listen. Don't sell yourself short because of some punk ***** with a badge

2 hours ago, big_dog said:

It seems to be open season on cops. No wonder they react to dangerous situations a bit more forceful.

The culture of authoritarianism in our country has made it more dangerous for the cops as well as the citizens. The vast majority of police are honest people doing a difficult job, but as our society becomes more authoritarian and demands more interactions between police and citizens, the more you will see tragic incidents happen. 

On 12/13/2016 at 0:41 PM, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

silver-datalab-unhomicide-2.png?quality=

http://www.politifact.com/florida/article/2015/may/21/updated-look-statistics-black-black-murders/

Approximately 90% of blacks murdered are killed by other black people.  Blacks are also statistically much more likely to be murdered than whites.  18 times more likely.  Given these two facts, I'm sure you tell your children not to interact with other black people, since they are far more likely to kill you than anyone else.  Do you treat all other black people as gun toting murderers?

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The culture of authoritarianism in our country has made it more dangerous for the cops as well as the citizens. The vast majority of police are honest people doing a difficult job, but as our society becomes more authoritarian and demands more interactions between police and citizens, the more you will see tragic incidents happen. 

I also think it's a result of the poor and lower middle class being unable to support themselves with full time labor. 

1 hour ago, kicker said:

http://www.politifact.com/florida/article/2015/may/21/updated-look-statistics-black-black-murders/

Approximately 90% of blacks murdered are killed by other black people.  Blacks are also statistically much more likely to be murdered than whites.  18 times more likely.  Given these two facts, I'm sure you tell your children not to interact with other black people, since they are far more likely to kill you than anyone else.  Do you treat all other black people as gun toting murderers?

Did you know that white people kill white people at about the same rate?  Amazing right. I assume if you are a manager, that you never look beyond numbers to get to root cause.

2 hours ago, kicker said:

Black people go to jail for killing black people. **** black people go to jail for no good reason at all. If my kid is killed by a black person odds are "justice" will be served

The problem is as long as the murderer is a police officer all is forgiven...And they get paid vacation out of it. 

No I don't treat everyone as gun toting murderers encouraged to, and rewarded for killing me...just the police. 

1 hour ago, lostone said:

Did you know that white people kill white people at about the same rate?  Amazing right. I assume if you are a manager, that you never look beyond numbers to get to root cause.

Of course I know that...My second link notes that same race killings are much more prevelant.  And yet I don't treat white people like gun toting murderers even though I'm much more likely to be killed by them.  

35 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Black people go to jail for killing black people. **** black people go to jail for no good reason at all. If my kid is killed by a black person odds are "justice" will be served

The problem is as long as the murderer is a police officer all is forgiven...And they get paid vacation out of it. 

No I don't treat everyone as gun toting murderers encouraged to, and rewarded for killing me...just the police. 

I've only seen one instance recently where a black man was killed by police while doing absolutely nothing wrong, and that police officer was charged with murder.  The others, while questionable in their killing, still involved black men doing something really ******* stupid.  

12 minutes ago, kicker said:

I don't treat white people like gun toting murderers even though I'm much more likely to be killed by them.  

Who is treating the police like anything?

5 minutes ago, kicker said:

I've only seen one instance recently where a black man was killed by police while doing absolutely nothing wrong, and that police officer was charged with murder.  The others, while questionable in their killing, still involved black men doing something really ******* stupid.  

And there are laws in place to deal with people who do really stupid things in court, not by having a lone officer act as judge, jury and executioner.

Why should a black man doing something really stupid be stripped of his right to due process?