Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,735 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I'm curious -- on what basis do you think the McKnight shooter should have been charged?

I'm not saying he shouldn't, but I've yet to see anything suggesting he should.  

Don't feel that if we flipped roles that the outcome would be the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lostone said:

Don't feel that if we flipped roles that the outcome would be the same.

Gotcha -- that's probably a fair statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I'm curious -- on what basis do you think the McKnight shooter should have been charged?

I'm not saying he shouldn't, but I've yet to see anything suggesting he should.  

still waiting to see the whole story, but it appears that the shooter had a road rage incident at that same intersection before where he then proceeded to chase the other person down and assault him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Psh...why stop at assault? 

couple of other people have stepped forward and said they have had incidents with the guy. if it turns out he provoked or escalated the incident, what can he be charged with?

on the surface it looked like clear cut self defense but how do these other factors affect this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

couple of other people have stepped forward and said they have had incidents with the guy. if it turns out he provoked or escalated the incident, what can he be charged with?

on the surface it looked like clear cut self defense but how do these other factors affect this?

Does the guy control something in the city?  No way you have incidents like this often and he just gets to walk away.  Does he have an industry or something or maybe a relative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lostone said:

Does the guy control something in the city?  No way you have incidents like this often and he just gets to walk away.  Does he have an industry or something or maybe a relative.

not that I have seen but the police have reopened the investigation into the previous incident 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2016 at 7:12 PM, Dago 3.0 said:

couple of other people have stepped forward and said they have had incidents with the guy. if it turns out he provoked or escalated the incident, what can he be charged with?

on the surface it looked like clear cut self defense but how do these other factors affect this?

Especially with the description of the wounds.  From the wounds, sounds like McKnight reached into the vehicle to grab the guy (gun shot to hand, through the shoulder puncturing a lung and the chest).  I'm shocked they released him right away but then again, I don't know their laws of holding people, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2016 at 9:13 PM, silentbob1272 said:

Wow, this would be shocking. If this joker gets off, folks are going to lose their minds, and for once, I would agree with them.

 

He will still face charges on the Federal level even if the State cannot convict.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lostone said:

One arse is about to cause riots in SC

 

 

Don't worry. They will soon learn Trump's law and order will keep them safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lostone said:

One arse is about to cause riots in SC

 

I doubt that juror surfaces, but I'd be interested in hearing how they failed to prove his guilt in his opinion. I thought the tape spoke volumes in this case in particular. 

Will he have a reasoned and logical basis for his belief, or will it just be a "I weren't convinced" type answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

I doubt that juror surfaces, but I'd be interested in hearing how they failed to prove his guilt in his opinion. I thought the tape spoke volumes in this case in particular. 

Will he have a reasoned and logical basis for his belief, or will it just be a "I weren't convinced" type answer?

Considering they had the option of lesser charge of manslaughter, baffling really...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

I doubt that juror surfaces, but I'd be interested in hearing how they failed to prove his guilt in his opinion. I thought the tape spoke volumes in this case in particular. 

Will he have a reasoned and logical basis for his belief, or will it just be a "I weren't convinced" type answer?

From what I've read of the trial, the defense raised some credible reasonable points.  Burn marks on Slager's shirt, a defense expert said they were likely caused by a taser.  The prosecution's forensic examiner missed them altogether.  Scott's DNA was found on the taser, again missed by the prosecution.  

Prosecution said Slager shot Scott from 18 feet away, but defense experts concluded that Slager started the process of lethal force at just 3 feet, and was likely unaware that Scott had dropped the taser when he fired.  

 

 

silentbob1272 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kicker said:

From what I've read of the trial, the defense raised some credible reasonable points.  Burn marks on Slager's shirt, a defense expert said they were likely caused by a taser.  The prosecution's forensic examiner missed them altogether.  Scott's DNA was found on the taser, again missed by the prosecution.  

Prosecution said Slager shot Scott from 18 feet away, but defense experts concluded that Slager started the process of lethal force at just 3 feet, and was likely unaware that Scott had dropped the taser when he fired.  

 

 

He shot someone while they were running away. There is no reasonable points. Scott was shot 3 times in the back. He didn't start shooting until he started running away. That juror was obviously bias

Bunchy Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2016 at 7:12 PM, Dago 3.0 said:

couple of other people have stepped forward and said they have had incidents with the guy. if it turns out he provoked or escalated the incident, what can he be charged with?

on the surface it looked like clear cut self defense but how do these other factors affect this?

If it can be shown he instigated this incident, he can be charged with murder.  And he should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kicker said:

From what I've read of the trial, the defense raised some credible reasonable points.  Burn marks on Slager's shirt, a defense expert said they were likely caused by a taser.  The prosecution's forensic examiner missed them altogether.  Scott's DNA was found on the taser, again missed by the prosecution.  

Prosecution said Slager shot Scott from 18 feet away, but defense experts concluded that Slager started the process of lethal force at just 3 feet, and was likely unaware that Scott had dropped the taser when he fired.  

 

 

Let me say this -- and assuming all of this is correct -- IF Scott had control of Slager's taser (or if the officer thought he had control of it) at the time he commenced lethal force, then lethal force is indicated.  

I took a taser hit just so I could credibly testify to that fact if I ever had to.  When a taser is activated, you are helpless.  For 5 seconds, and they can repeat the 5 seconds by pulling the trigger again as long as the batteries hold out.  If Slager hit the officer with a taser and the officer thought he still had it, I'm not saying an acquittal is appropriate on that count alone, but it certainly would give me pause as a juror.  A taser is non-lethal force, but when the person wielding it knows you are armed, it becomes a lethal force scenario because of the possibility of you being disarmed or handcuffed or whatever.  This is something they teach police, and it's something (having been on the receiving end of a taser ride) I am in favor of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

He shot someone while they were running away. There is no reasonable points. Scott was shot 3 times in the back. He didn't start shooting until he started running away. That juror was obviously bias

Depends on the circumstances.  If he started firing right as the guy was turning, maybe not.

Again, it's not dispositive, but it's something that if I were a juror I'd want cleaned up.  If the prosecution didn't clean it up, well, they're about to have a 2nd chance to do that.

kicker likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Depends on the circumstances.  If he started firing right as the guy was turning, maybe not.

Again, it's not dispositive, but it's something that if I were a juror I'd want cleaned up.  If the prosecution didn't clean it up, well, they're about to have a 2nd chance to do that.

I fully expect him to be found guilty in the federal case. But stranger things have happened

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now