Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,735 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kicker said:

Of course not.  But he was clearly a threat and given his disregard for his life and others, what difference does it make if Chopper sick balls?

As satisfying as it may seem, we just can't do that. Once  the suspect is no longer a threat, the job of the police is to make the arrest safely, not dispense punishment. 

Dago 3.0, capologist, JDaveG and 1 other like this

7 hours ago, Worzone said:

Was a threat.... no longer was he a threat  out of the vehichle and on the ground. while you or i may have difficulty controling our anger on this guy, that is their job ,  their job makes it mandarory that they know how to show restraint situations like this.  there was no gun, knife, etc..  so hes not an immediate danger at all, plus he's got a dog on him and 4-5 cops. using batons, keeping the dog on him,  and kicks and punches to him after  being subdued is unjustified .  

There are people in this world that deserve our sympathy.  This guy is t one of them.  

2 hours ago, kicker said:

There are people in this world that deserve our sympathy.  This guy is t one of them.  

I know why you feel the way you do.  I still get to see people do far far worse and get much better treatment

9 hours ago, kicker said:

It's not sympathy. It's the rule of law. And the law has to protect the worst of us if its to protect any of us. 

We have a criminal justice system set up to punish this guy. It's certainly not perfect, but it's preferable to leaving it up to the cops to decide who catches a beating and who doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's not sympathy. It's the rule of law. And the law has to protect the worst of us if its to protect any of us. 

We have a criminal justice system set up to punish this guy. It's certainly not perfect, but it's preferable to leaving it up to the cops to decide who catches a beating and who doesn't. 

Beautiful!

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The video doesn't tell the whole story.  It captures about 30 seconds of beat down. Did he come out of the car with his hands up?  Was he physically aggressive?  He clearly wasn't fully detained in the video u til the very end.  It's unclear whether he was fighting back.  About the only thing I might understand y'all taking issue with is the guy with the baton on the periphery.  

Jimsmusic™ likes this

26 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He got pretty good treatment for doing much worse, I don't think anyone will deny that...except maybe you

Heh glad you could go back to the mid 90s to find an example.  Bravo!

On 11/19/2016 at 11:21 AM, kicker said:

The video doesn't tell the whole story.  It captures about 30 seconds of beat down. Did he come out of the car with his hands up?  Was he physically aggressive?  He clearly wasn't fully detained in the video u til the very end.  It's unclear whether he was fighting back.  About the only thing I might understand y'all taking issue with is the guy with the baton on the periphery.  

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

mfaulk57158 likes this

Considering the cops killed this weekend and one who was shot twice in the face, maybe we should start another thread- American Citizen Senselessly Kills Another Cop.

:(

1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Considering the cops killed this weekend and one who was shot twice in the face, maybe we should start another thread- American Citizen Senselessly Kills Another Cop.

It's horrible to see it happen.  A few were shot.  I can sadly tell who did the shooting by the fact that the #bluelivesmatter hashtag not trending.

1 minute ago, lostone said:

It's horrible to see it happen.  A few were shot.  I can sadly tell who did the shooting by the fact that the #bluelivesmatter hashtag not trending.

Why does it matter who did the shootings? It's on the front page of most news sites I've looked at. I know at least 2 of these cops were shot point blank while writing tickets in their patrol cars while someone else (not the person getting the ticket, from what I understand) pulled over and shot them.

34 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

We could start it but it would be a lonely response thread.  I know who would and would not post in it.  They know who they are.  

kicker and silentbob1272 like this

12 hours ago, Dago 3.0 said:

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Weak.  Are you honestly going to tell me you can understand the entire situation by watching the video?  Running from police (stupidity) should be painful.  In this case it was.  

On 11/21/2016 at 10:20 AM, lostone said:

what do you mean by "who did the shooting"? 

Edited by notthatcool

On 11/21/2016 at 10:20 AM, lostone said:

Still waiting on an answer cause your theory seems to be sinking. 

23 hours ago, notthatcool said:

Still waiting on an answer cause your theory seems to be sinking. 

Typically when it's a black shooter and they know up front the hashtag starts trending.  Key word is typically

12 hours ago, lostone said:

Typically when it's a black shooter and they know up front the hashtag starts trending.  Key word is typically

only problem is you keep using this line when "typically" it isn't happening  

I guess we have the same justice system.  I won't be surprised if Dylan roof gets off.

And another person is about to get off, yay justice system!!

5 minutes ago, lostone said:

I guess we have the same justice system.  I won't be surprised if Dylan roof gets off.

I'm curious -- on what basis do you think the McKnight shooter should have been charged?

I'm not saying he shouldn't, but I've yet to see anything suggesting he should.