Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,735 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, slamee101 said:

Even with the uproar last week, I highly doubt that information leads to much of anything if accurate.  The boys in blue just get to play by a different set of rules. Suspensions and maybe a firing or two at best.

People are feeling that from POTUS POTUS/candidates down to AG's and the FBI

On 7/7/2016 at 4:12 PM, Carter said:

The Castile killing is unbelievable. Dead for a busted tail light and following procedure. And to make it worse, there was a kid right behind him... smh

Even if it was a tragic mistake and the cop squeezed when he got nervous, he needs to go down for it. There is simply no way Philandro Castile should be dead right now.

I don't think it's wise for anyone to speak on the girlfriend not being "freaked out" enough. Everyone reacts differently. We had guys shut down when things happened. We had guys step up and completely seize control of the moment, guys you wouldn't expect it from beforehand. Don't judge a book...

Carter likes this

16 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Did the NRA EVER come out and take a position on Castile?  I remember them tweeting they were gathering facts, but that was it. 

Do not know the answer to your query but...why would they? 

3 hours ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Do not know the answer to your query but...why would they? 

Because a man legally carrying a gun was shot for having that gun?  

They did respond but I thought it was tepid at best.  

mdrake34 and lostone like this

34 minutes ago, kicker said:

Because a man legally carrying a gun was shot for having that gun?  

They did respond but I thought it was tepid at best.  

Yeah I get that, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy they'd go to bat for...

I was basically playing the race card. Shrug. 

29 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Yeah I get that, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy they'd go to bat for...

I was basically playing the race card. Shrug. 

well he did say the response wasn't exactly strong so that theory can't be discarded

tragic but we will see if justice is actually served here

So quiet in here.  Oh look the dude who killed philando is not being arrested.  This is some sad ish right here.  Guy poses no threat and this is what happens.  Comply and you still get killed.

That's a wonderful juxtaposition tocops shooting family dogs...

Yours is harmless? Shoot em. 

Not doing anything? Ima tell mine to attack you. 

1 hour ago, Dago 3.0 said:

wow

hope every one of those ******** end up in jail

Yeah, no need to do that.  Prior to the video, the guy stole a car, led a high speed chase, driving on the wrong side of the road, endangering lives, etc but at this point, he's on the ground and surrounded.  Hard for me to believe that 5 cops couldn't have taken care of this non-violently...

ECPD said the incident stems from a call they received at 9:33 a.m. Officers responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in the 1200 Block of N. 18th St. The vehicle was described as a black Volkswagen. Officers responded but were not able to find the vehicle.

Then at 3:37 p.m., officers said they responded to the area of 1700 Scott Ave. after a family member located the stolen Volkswagen being driven in the area. Officers located the vehicle in the area, confirmed it was in fact reported stolen and attempted to make a traffic stop.

Officers said the driver of the vehicle, later identified as Saenz, failed to stop and a vehicle pursuit ensued.

ECPD said during the pursuit Saenz drove through crowded parking lots at unsafe speeds before driving against traffic, causing several vehicles to pull off the road to avoid being struck.

Officers followed Saenz in the stolen vehicle as he drove west on Scott Avenue and onto a frontage road near 1002 North Imperial Ave. Police said Saenz again drove into oncoming lanes and struck a parked vehicle causing the stolen vehicle he was driving to hit the curb and come to a stop on the sidewalk where it was disabled.

Police said Saenz then exited the vehicle and ran west to the back side of a local business as officers chased him. Officers found Saenz and said he was physically combative. He was ultimately taken into custody.

Saenz was transported and booked at the Imperial County Jail. Saenz is being charged with felony possession of stolen property, felony evading with wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property, misdemeanor hit and run and misdemeanor resisting arrest.

Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.

On 11/16/2016 at 9:19 PM, lostone said:

Hey here's another one!  Nothing to see here right?

I'm pretty sure that's just standard operating procedure right there. They had to beat the crap out of him and unleash the dog on him. He was making them fear for their lives.

8 hours ago, JDaveG said:

As many have said before this, I'll wait for a conviction and sentencing.  Could they have pushed it to 2nd degree murder or first degree manslaughter?  Or would that be a stretch based on what you guys know.

38 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

He will walk. Deep down... we all know this.

pretty confident the jury will be hung and this will fail.  But please, prove me wrong!

45 minutes ago, lostone said:

As many have said before this, I'll wait for a conviction and sentencing.  Could they have pushed it to 2nd degree murder or first degree manslaughter?  Or would that be a stretch based on what you guys know.

It's hard to know.  The biggest issue I see is what is his story about the events preceding the shooting, versus her story, and is there any evidence (or is it he said/she said).  My gut is that there is a real problem in claiming you felt in fear of your life when he told you he had a CCW.  I doubt a jury is going to like that much.  But in terms of charging him, it may be that it was harder to fit it into one of the murder categories.  2nd degree manslaughter is basically culpable negligence in Minnesota.  First degree manslaughter requires specific intent to kill, but the mitigating factors to make it manslaughter versus murder are heat of passion, etc.

Honestly, second degree murder seems to fit better for me.  Yes, he was negligent, and there is probably a problem proving specific intent to kill (which is probably why they didn't charge murder 2), but even with a "shoot to stop" assumption (i.e., not specific intent to kill), he knew shooting him was likely to cause death.

On 11/17/2016 at 0:45 PM, capologist said:

Yeah, no need to do that.  Prior to the video, the guy stole a car, led a high speed chase, driving on the wrong side of the road, endangering lives, etc but at this point, he's on the ground and surrounded.  Hard for me to believe that 5 cops couldn't have taken care of this non-violently...

In that case, I have no problem with a little justice.  Worthless trash gets treated like trash.  

2 minutes ago, kicker said:

In that case, I have no problem with a little justice.  Worthless trash gets treated like trash.  

wtf? so you support the cops being judge and jury? 

7 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

wtf? so you support the cops being judge and jury? 

Of course not.  But he was clearly a threat and given his disregard for his life and others, what difference does it make if Chopper sick balls?

59 minutes ago, kicker said:

Of course not.  But he was clearly a threat and given his disregard for his life and others, what difference does it make if Chopper sick balls?

all the difference in the world

Gritzblitz 2.0 and kicker like this