Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,746 posts in this topic

Point out where he did anything threatening. I'll make it easy for you in your little mind, imagine he was a little white boy. You probably won't see anything threatening because there wasn't.

Speaking of little minds dipshit, I already pointed out just this. Go back and find it, or don't. You're ******* wrong either way.

Speaking of little minds dipshit, I already pointed out just this. Go back and find it, or don't. You're ******* wrong either way.

Do you believe the police should ever be responsible for a death if it could have been avoided if they reacted differently? For example, let's pretend a kid is playing with a fake gun. The cops respond and handle the situation really bad and do some stupid sheet that ends up getting the kid killed. Should the police be responsible for a death if it is the result of them being really bad at their jobs?

Your post is bull. This kid did not point a gun at the police so stop this sheet now. You guys keep repeating this as it's the truth when the video is obvious. The cops say the boy reached for the fake gun which would make this a tragedy. My problem stems from the cops discovering this was a fake gun held by a kid and still letting this child bleed. How can you call that a tragedy. This "cop" also was fired by another precinct for being unstable around firearms. The most disturbing thing about all of this is that although two mentally underdeveloped people where involved with a weapon, one has the excuse of being twelve while another was a grown azz man that is getting the benefit of the doubt from others although his history and actions are obviously suspect as ****.

I did not say he pointing a gun. I clearly said he reached for a gun, which is backed up by the video you keep cherry picking from. I do also have a huge problem with their conduct after the shooting, it seems deplorable, and I have not defended it once. I've only defended the shooting itself, because that was justified given the circumstances.

Do you believe the police should ever be responsible for a death if it could have been avoided if they reacted differently? For example, let's pretend a kid is playing with a fake gun. The cops respond and handle the situation really bad and do some stupid sheet that ends up getting the kid killed. Should the police be responsible for a death if it is the result of them being really bad at their jobs?

Morally yes, because your example perfectly describes how these two idiots behaved in this circumstance. Legally no, because the fact remains that the child was reaching for a gun, they saw this and fired as a result. In this respect, they did cause his death, but due to circumstances, they were legally justified when they thought they were defending their own lives.I tend to agree with the prosecutor when he said.

"The outcome will not cheer anyone, nor should it,"Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty said. He blamed the shooting on a "perfect storm" of human error and miscommunication.

These cops were not innocent due to their own stupidity and bad judgement, but they could only be found not guilty of murder.

Morally yes, because your example perfectly describes how these two idiots behaved in this circumstance. Legally no, because the fact remains that the child was reaching for a gun, they saw this and fired as a result. In this respect, they did cause his death, but due to circumstances, they were legally justified when they thought they were defending their own lives.I tend to agree with the prosecutor when he said.

"The outcome will not cheer anyone, nor should it,"Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty said. He blamed the shooting on a "perfect storm" of human error and miscommunication.

These cops were not innocent due to their own stupidity and bad judgement, but they could only be found not guilty of murder.

So you believe that the only charge the prosecutor could come up with is murder? What could be used as a deterrent to keep these same jackasses from doing this again. The article you posted had at least 2 charges the prosecutor could have went for, yet as expected he went for the overkill and got nothing.

So you believe that the only charge the prosecutor could come up with is murder? What could be used as a deterrent to keep these same jackasses from doing this again. The article you posted had at least 2 charges the prosecutor could have went for, yet as expected he went for the overkill and got nothing.

If they have not already been fired then that's a whole seperate travesty.

Lesser charges should have been pursued, but the prosecutor would have been crucified for that as well, but that is how he should have proceeded.

What ever happened to "Drop the gun", or tasers? This shoot first sh!t needs to stop now. Once some of these trigger happy fools goes to jail you watch things turn around. The police academy should have weeded trigger happiness out the door.

Seriously? A guy calls the police because he is pointing guns at people walking by. I'm not sure why you are defending this behavior. If that happened in any street even us privaledged white devils would be shot if we then reached into our pockets when the police showed up. Stop making it about race.

What ever happened to "Drop the gun", or tasers? This shoot first sh!t needs to stop now. Once some of these trigger happy fools goes to jail you watch things turn around. The police academy should have weeded trigger happiness out the door.

They're not trigger happy, they want to live. Consider that it takes 1 and 1/2 seconds to draw your weapon and fire http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Tueller/How.Close.htm, as opposed to the 2-3 seconds it takes to utter "Freeze, put your weapon on the ground" or whatever other line you heard in a movie and are now convinced that police officers should sacrifice their lives in order to recite. It really doesn't work that way.

Don't get shot by the police

1. Don't reach for or point your ******* gun at them

2. Obey their lawful commands, so no resulting confrontation leads to being shot

3. Don't in any way threaten or attack the officer

Now, unless you are unfortunate enough to meet up with the one in a million psychotic with a badge (which I do acknowledge does exist) These three rules will get you through any confrontation with a police officer alive. You may not like the result, you may get that ticket or even go to jail depending upon the circumstances, but you will not be shot. Argue about the legality of what the officer did later, that is what the court system is for. Stay alive, stay safe by just shutting the **** up and listening to what the officer tells you. If he is wrong, you will have ample time to state your case later.

You could even do something really crazy in today's society and try being polite ohmy.png

Post it again grand dragon, I don't feel like scrolling through pages

Post it again grand dragon, I don't feel like scrolling through pages

Grand dragon? Lol

It's a shame that law enforcement has become a job for people with no education and no marketable skills. A generation or two ago, morons like these cops were able to get a factory job.

Wait... they shot the kid and let him die without getting him any help? Is that true?

What do you want them to do pick him up and put him in the car? That'd go over great in the news. No they called for an ambulance like any other shooting.

What do you want them to do pick him up and put him in the car? That'd go over great in the news. No they called for an ambulance like any other shooting.

No first aid at all... they let the boy die without trying to help them?

actually they supposed to try and administer first aid

They also locked his 14 year old sister in the back of the squad car when she came running over to try and see him, bleeding on the ground.

They're not trigger happy, they want to live. Consider that it takes 1 and 1/2 seconds to draw your weapon and fire http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Tueller/How.Close.htm, as opposed to the 2-3 seconds it takes to utter "Freeze, put your weapon on the ground" or whatever other line you heard in a movie and are now convinced that police officers should sacrifice their lives in order to recite. It really doesn't work that way.

2. Obey their lawful commands, so no resulting confrontation leads to being shot

Now, unless you are unfortunate enough to meet up with the one in a million psychotic with a badge (which I do acknowledge does exist) These three rules will get you through any confrontation with a police officer alive. You may not like the result, you may get that ticket or even go to jail depending upon the circumstances, but you will not be shot. Argue about the legality of what the officer did later, that is what the court system is for. Stay alive, stay safe by just shutting the **** up and listening to what the officer tells you. If he is wrong, you will have ample time to state your case later.

You could even do something really crazy in today's society and try being polite :o

The problem is with the disparate treatment according to race. People at cliven bundy's ranch pointed high powered rifles at federal agents, who just left the scene and let them hold their positions. A black kid with a fake gun, however, gets lit up without even a warning or attempt to assess the situation.

White guys carry AR15's into Walmart in open carry states and not so much as a second look from cops or customers. A black guy walks around Walmart with a toy gun in a box and gets shot. The disparity in treatment of these situations is so obvious and disturbing. People need to at least acknowledge that this disparity exists.

You could even do something really crazy in today's society and try being polite ohmy.png

How did cop yell "drop the gun" twice and then shoot within 2 secs?

Yea then locked the kids sister in the car. They also lied in the police report. But this is only a "tragedy". It's got to be good being able to pull **** like this off and have the majority of Americans dismiss it as "bad" policing.

I did not say he pointing a gun. I clearly said he reached for a gun, which is backed up by the video you keep cherry picking from. I do also have a huge problem with their conduct after the shooting, it seems deplorable, and I have not defended it once. I've only defended the shooting itself, because that was justified given the circumstances.

By the way, I, and many of the others I have talked to could totally see them going to trial and being found not guilty. The TRUE tragedy here is that although these police were suspect as **** there will be no criminal charges. That's very very sad. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that these guys may have lied about what happened that day. The prosecutor used the grand jury to try and prove these guys are innocent. That is the purpose of a trial.