Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,736 posts in this topic

Kung fu?

Close, longtime karate student. Taekwondo, my daughters are also black belts, and now their kids study it as well. Also studied with a Krav Maga instructor briefly...

I think the recent revelations about the historical behavior of the Ferguson police department support the suspicion that they engaged in race related police work, which I find appalling and disappointing. I guess some were racist, after all. Here are articles about what was uncovered in the Federal investigation that many people claimed was a fruitless witch hunt.

http://www.npr.org/b...s-passed-around

http://www.huffingto..._n_6800440.html

This is more evidence that we do not live in a 'post-racial' society, as many on this board like to believe.

And this justifies police misconduct how?

Not saying that at all. why would you even think that?

Simply goes to show that people focus on the bad things, but when tables turn they act is that did not happen.

Simply goes to show that people focus on the bad things, but when tables turn they act is that did not happen.

Act like what didn't happen? A cop being killed in the line of duty is a tragedy, but risk they take when they put on the uniform. You don't really have any point.

Did the district attorney refuse to file charges against the person shooting the cop? Did the person shooting the cop go free? See the difference?

Act like what didn't happen? A cop being killed in the line of duty is a tragedy, but risk they take when they put on the uniform. You don't really have any point.

my point is, 2 cops have been killed in the line of duty in the last seven days. One in Ga and one in Pa. Yet not a single thread on it.

But Michael brown dies. And there is a thread. Then when a guy kills in the name of Michael brown, killing two cops...... no thread made.

I'm not saying it's justice at all. That is not what I was meaning. I'm Just saying people focus way to much on negative things.

Did the district attorney refuse to file charges against the person shooting the cop? Did the person shooting the cop go free? See the difference?

ok you have a point there. And that is jacked up. But not sure why you would think I would not agree on that?

Two cops died this week. And no thread made. A guy kills in the name of Michael brown and kills two cops.... No thread made. Do you not think it's jacked up someone is murdered??? (doesn't matter if the person was a cop or a guy killed by a cop wrongfully.)

my point is, 2 cops have been killed in the line of duty in the last seven days. One in Ga and one in Pa. Yet not a single thread on it.

But Michael brown dies. And there is a thread. Then when a guy kills in the name of Michael brown, killing two cops...... no thread made.

I'm not saying it's justice at all. That is not what I was meaning. I'm Just saying people focus way to much on negative things.

So those things you mentioned were positive?

So those things you mentioned were positive?

dude, quit fishing and taking what I said wrong. You're taking this on a level it was not intended for.

You are starting to put off the vibe you could careless that police die. Actually you're making it out like they deserve it.

Difference is that the two people who did it will goto prison forever. The cops just walk.

and that sucks, as I've stated before. Still doesn't mean you don't respect their death or feel it's justified.

dude, quit fishing and taking what I said wrong. You're taking this on a level it was not intended for.

You are starting to put off the vibe you could careless that police die. Actually you're making it out like they deserve it.

Funny, I didn't get either of those vibes.

Funny, I didn't get either of those vibes.

I'm out of this thread. Apparently I said my point my wrong.

I'm sad that people die with no justice. And I'm also sad that people die, regardless. And it bothers me when people focus on a cop killing a person, but very very rarely ever care when that police officer is killed by a person. Makes no sense to me (regardless if justice ends up being served or not). Cops are people too

I'm out of this thread. Apparently I said my point my wrong.

I'm sad that people die with no justice. And I'm also sad that people die, regardless. And it bothers me when people focus on a cop killing a person, but very very rarely ever care when that police officer is killed by a person. Makes no sense to me (regardless if justice ends up being served or not). Cops are people too

So in order to say anything about cops killing people, we have to make an equal number of threads about things going the other way?

No Justice for Tamir Rice: Jury Will Not Indict Cops Who Killed Him

'It would be unreasonable if the law required an officer to wait and see if a gun was real'

Robby Soave | Dec. 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Tamir4.jpg?h=180&w=240

The officers who shot and killed 12-year-old Tamir Rice in a Cleveland-area park will not be charged in his death, Prosecutor Timothy McGinty announced at a press conference Monday afternoon.

“The grand jury declined to bring criminal charges against Cleveland police officers Timothy Loehmann and Frank Garmback,” said McGinty.

The prosecutor stressed that this course of action matched his own recommendation. He said that a recent enhancement of the surveillance footage suggested that Rice had tried to remove the fake gun from his waistband, prompting Loehmann to fire on him. McGinty surmised that Rice was probably just trying to show the officers that the gun wasn’t real, but said the officers are not required to take that chance.

“[Loehmann] had reason to fear for his life,” said McGinty. “It would be unreasonable if the law required an officer to wait and see if a gun was real.”

Never mind that Loehmann was previously fired from a police department for incompetence with firearms. Never mind that he shot Rice the very second his car arrived at the teen’s location. Never mind that the officers prevented Rice’s sister from assisting him as he lay dying of a gunshot wound. Never mind that they did absolutely nothing to help him until an FBI agent happened upon the scene.

The only thing that matters is whether Loehmann thought he was justified in killing Rice, and the law is such that no one is qualified to second-guess Loehmann’s decision except Loehmann himself. This is the level of deference we extend to police decision-making, and it is the reason the quest for justice in Rice’s unconscionable murder was doomed from the start. [Related: We Live in a World Where Experts Say the Shooting of Tamir Rice Was ‘Reasonable’]

I guess you really can't expect police to be held to the same standard as anyone else in our society that legally owns a gun of some sort, or at least not expect the legal system to hold them to that high a standard.

It must have been especially hard to make that distinction in the time between getting there and shooting.

How much time would be acceptably required for an officer to wait before firing? Do you think had he waited several seconds more he would have then been able to distinguish the 45 from the bb gun?

This **** is not as easy as many Monday morning QBs make it out to be. You see a gun, you protect yourself. There is no real time to think it out, if you're very lucky, you may have just enough time to react.

This was a tragedy on every front, what it was not is murder.