Butcher of Bankhead

Cops Senselessly Kill Another American Citizen

2,746 posts in this topic

I will admit to being a history buff-- I actually know this ****, and that's why you and I have often butted heads when you post revisionist garbage you picked up from Glenn Beck and zonation videos.

And I didn't say civil rights started in the 60's. Is that really what you took away from my post?

Hahah I use those because they present it better than I can. Thomas Sowell is my inspiration.

No, this is based on a supposed quote of lbj saying the democrats have lost the south after Republicans finally got enough Democrat votes to pass a civil rights bill. Proof the democrats didn't lose the south for the next 100 years are the elections of jimmy carter and bill Clinton and Barack Obama. Democrats are still racist, look which party always brings up race or are the first to use race as an excuse for something.

Are you sure it's not because the Democrats started abandoning the racists as early as FDR and the New Deal coalition, eventually leading to the DNC making civil rights a part of its official platform while the GOP courted those same racists with Nixon's Southern Strategy and had prominent Republican candidates like Reagan and Goldwater opposing the 1964 CRA on the basis of "states' rights"?

No, you're probably right. You bring up a great point that the Democrats are doing really well in the south these days.

Are you sure it's not because the Democrats started abandoning the racists as early as FDR and the New Deal coalition, eventually leading to the DNC making civil rights a part of its official platform while the GOP courted those same racists with Nixon's Southern Strategy and had prominent Republican candidates like Reagan and Goldwater opposing the 1964 CRA on the basis of "states' rights"?

No, you're probably right. You bring up a great point that the Democrats are doing really well in the south these days.

Georgia was a blue state until the 2000s , hoss. Robert Byrd, kept getting reelected in Tennessee until he died in 200whogives a **** thank god the KKK is dead. You are pushing bs.

The whole point of the Republican party was abolition and civil rights the Republicans did not have to add anything regarding civil rights. They were protecting people from the democrats. It was Nixon who established affirmative action and did more for civil rights than the begrudgingly stubborn lbj.

The whole point of the Republican party was abolition and civil rights the Republicans did not have to add anything regarding civil rights. They were protecting people from the democrats. It was Nixon who established affirmative action and did more for civil rights than the begrudgingly stubborn lbj.

In more recent history this is what some of the Dems have done:

FDR - Japanese Internment Camps

Robert Byrd - former klegal leader of the KKK

Al Gore Sr. - Opposed Civil Rights Act

Orval Faubus - Governor of Arkansas and Bill Clinton's hero tried to stop integration with dogs and water hoses. Was only stopped by the intervention of Repub POTUS Eisenhower

These are just some of the names the list could go on for quite some time

You might actually be surprised at my opinion of Nixon. Unfortunately, the GOP sold its soul (partly for Nixon) and this is when they started cozying up with the evangelicals and hardcore social conservatives. These are the same backwards azzholes who have always been the problem-- they used to be Democrats until FDR courted the black vote, officially went off the reservation against Truman (Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrats), and then the Republicans invited them into their tent in 1964.

Understand- I'm not saying all Republicans are racist or that all racists are Republicans. You're the one that keeps bringing up this ******** about one of the 2 major political parties holding a monopoly on racism.

My man Tim Wise speaking some truth. Unfortunately. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but definitely far too many for my liking in this "post-racial" America.

I cannot recall the last time a white cop killed a black man and white folks didn't rush to rationalize it, justify it, or defect the conversation. In fact, I can't remember one example where a clear majority of whites allowed themselves to even get angry about such an incident. And white conservatives, who always scream about the heavy hand of "big government?" Apparently they just mean the tax man, not the cops. They think a 39 percent top marginal tax rate is tyranny, but killing unarmed black men is not; capital gains taxes and business regulations are proof of fascism but chokeholds and stop-and-frisk are the price to pay for "safety." Fascinating.

Watching the video, I think it's pretty clear that the cops didn't need to do what they did. At the very least, the guy putting him in a headlock should be fired.

the uproar on this has validity. He never attacked an officer. He raised his voice, and slightly resisted arrest, but that's it. It didn't warrant the takedown by any stretch. That said, this guy's health killed him. It certainly wasn't murder.

Is it not murder because it didn't meet the elements of the crime (intentional + premeditated), or because he was fat?

At the very least, that is manslaughter.

The medical examiner called it a homicide so saying "his health killed him" is just plain stupid.

My man Tim Wise speaking some truth. Unfortunately. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but definitely far too many for my liking in this "post-racial" America.

I cannot recall the last time a white cop killed a black man and white folks didn't rush to rationalize it, justify it, or defect the conversation. In fact, I can't remember one example where a clear majority of whites allowed themselves to even get angry about such an incident. And white conservatives, who always scream about the heavy hand of "big government?" Apparently they just mean the tax man, not the cops. They think a 39 percent top marginal tax rate is tyranny, but killing unarmed black men is not; capital gains taxes and business regulations are proof of fascism but chokeholds and stop-and-frisk are the price to pay for "safety." Fascinating.

TO be fair, I'm not aware of anyone who is justifying Garner's death, or the way the cops handled it. Other than the grand jury, of course.

At the very least, that is manslaughter.

The medical examiner called it a homicide so saying "his health killed him" is just plain stupid.

Totally agree. Apparently some folk haven't watched the film.

You might actually be surprised at my opinion of Nixon. Unfortunately, the GOP sold its soul (partly for Nixon) and this is when they started cozying up with the evangelicals and hardcore social conservatives. These are the same backwards azzholes who have always been the problem-- they used to be Democrats until FDR courted the black vote, officially went off the reservation against Truman (Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrats), and then the Republicans invited them into their tent in 1964.

Understand- I'm not saying all Republicans are racist or that all racists are Republicans. You're the one that keeps bringing up this ******** about one of the 2 major political parties holding a monopoly on racism.

It's a black thing. Racks, bands, stacks=money

Racks, stacks= boobs for white people lol

The only Dixiecrat that crossed lines was Strom Thurmond and that probably has more to do with him having a black daughter than he's hatred for the black. Nope all those lynchers stayed Democrats to the day they died, stars and bars, yeehaw and ****. You are citing stupid.

Wonder what that heathen Malcolm x has to say bout Dem good ole dixiecrats.

Yes, I'm sure he'd embrace the modern day Conservatives of the South and Midwest that love to trumpet the Confederate flag among other things.

Georgia was a blue state until the 2000s , hoss. Robert Byrd, kept getting reelected in Tennessee until he died in 200whogives a **** thank god the KKK is dead. You are pushing bs.

Robert Byrd was from West Virginia

Like so many other far reaching generalizations about these type arguments. The exact opposite may also be said, and be equally as plausible. Which is why such arguments from either side are pointless.

I cannot recall the last time a white cop killed a black man and black folks didn't rush to lambast it, vilify it, or deflect the conversation from any possible justification for it. In fact, I can't remember one example where a clear majority of blacks allowed themselves to even wait for the evidence of what happened about such an incident before calling for the officer's prosecution.

The only Dixiecrat that crossed lines was Strom Thurmond and that probably has more to do with him having a black daughter than he's hatred for the black. Nope all those lynchers stayed Democrats to the day they died, stars and bars, yeehaw and ****. You are citing stupid.

I'm on the road right now, so I can go more in depth later, but you're just flat out wrong. Plenty of conservative Democrats either left the party or went against it. Jesse Helms, Lester Maddox, George Wallace, David Duke, etc. All of them were self - identified conservatives who opposed liberalism. Which party does that sound like, Ed?

It's incidents like this one that make the continued insistence on making Michael Brown into a racial martyr so counterproductive. Don't cry wolf when the evidence does not support a racial component. It only weakens the argument when that outcry is justified and necessary. I don't know if this man was targeted because he was black. I doubt if the exact same circumstances had unfolded with the only difference being that he was white that it would not have happened just as it did to Mr Garner, because the same overzealous cop(s) would have been involved, but admittedly that's just theory.

This is a case that at very least seems a clear example of overreaction by the police and they should be held accountable for those actions, just like anyone else. I'm outraged at this Grand Jury verdict. The protest in this case could not be more justified. I feel for his family and especially his six children who will now grow up without a father.

This is very sad. The police are growing by letting in A.SS.Holes pricks. you can look at a cop and tell if they are good, racist, a little B...., was a bully in school, or a guy who got picked on and is now picking on others to feel better about himself.

majority of cops are great people. helpful and loving. but people love to focus on the very small negative things in life. So we see these stories a lot due to people showing the bad sooooo much. BUT.....

Majority of cops are not trained correctly. Heck I am unsure if they ever were trained correctly. My gun is the at the extreme most that I will ever pull, and I haven't even wasted it on a rattlesnake or old yeller.... just saying. When I see a cop pulling me over for speeding and he walks up to my car grasping his gun like his **** like he has to pee really bad.... well I know right off hand it's a trigger happy kid, who was picked on and only doing the job to feel better about himself.

Now like I said most cops are great people...... but rarely do you meet a cop who is actually trained. and Military people are not the answer to just letting them be cops. there is WAR training and there is Civilian police training. they are very very different things. it is like working on a bike VS a car. You can use the same tools, but don't think just because you are a master oil change mechanic you can put the same oil in a bike. Because you'll watch that bike fall apart and slip.

so what "we" need to do is............

1. Make sure we put the right people in there. go through a rigorous test with the employee. if one small thing pops up, tell them bye. being a cop is a serious matter and results in life or death of thyself, victim, and attacker. you really have to know how to handle situations very very maturely, strongly, but not A-hole strong, and etc etc.

2. then they need to be properly trained. and I don't mean the 1984 police training movie. I mean actually train to think, fight, protect, etc etc. training should not be something that is done within 6 months. it should be a non stop training. and no one should be aloud to work until they trained for 6 months. and then 2 years under a supervisor.

now I know this means there would be less police. and some civilians will die due to response times. it is simply the other side of the coin, sadly. but eventually in time there would be good cops with excellent training and we will stop hearing these horrible stories.

Thank God he's dead, he's the poster boy of racist blacks. And was killed by a black man.

On the polar opposite, is Martin Luther King, R.I.P. emot-worship.gif

Yes, everyone loved MLK Jr. b/c his form of civil disobedience wasn't scary. It was non-threatening even if it was a nuisance. The suggestion of "Any Means Necessary" in the face of social injustice was absolutely warranted but made those not suffering from it uneasy.

Thank God he's dead, he's the poster boy of racist blacks. And was killed by a black man.

On the polar opposite, is Martin Luther King, R.I.P. :worship:

You don't know much about history, do you? He was assassinated by an African-American who was a member of the Nation of Islam. The Nation of Islam was PISSED at Malcolm X because he publicly left the organization. They were further pissed off at him after he went on a pilgrimage to Mecca and had a sort of a racial awakening. He was very moved by seeing Muslims of all colors, from Arabs, to Africans, to people with blond hair and blue eyes. So his message changed when he came back, he preached that Islam could be a means to overcome racial problems. That was the last straw for the Nation of Islam, and they assassinated him.

So no, it wasn't just "some black guy" that decided to murder him.