Watson: Saints Aren't Worried About The Panthers.

Big Bubba

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/16/benjamin-watson-not-worried-about-panthers-in-nfc-south/

The Carolina Panthers don’t scare New Orleans Saints tight end Benjamin Watson.

Appearing on NFL Network’s Total Access, Watson expressed a lack of concern regarding the defending NFC South champions for the upcoming season.

I will say this about our division, one team I’m not worried about is the Carolina Panthers,” Watson said.

The biggest reason Watson isn’t concerned about the Panthers is the historical trend regarding defending NFC South division champions. Since the NFL’s realignment in 2002, defending NFC South champions are 0-for-11 in attempts to win the title in consecutive seasons.

“The numbers say they won’t win it. There’s never been a repeat champ in the NFC South.” Watson said. “So we’re not worried about the Carolina Panthers. So there’s only two teams with Atlanta and Tampa Bay.”

Despite the current trend, it’s probably going a little too far to completely right off the Panthers so easily. They have lost key pieces, including replacing their entire receiving corps. However, their defense still projects to be one of the better units in the league this season and Cam Newton is still under center directing the offense as well.

The trend may continue with the Panthers unable to recapture the division title in 2014, but there is a long way to go before that will be decided.

:lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints players should stick with disrespecting the Falcons.

Since, unlike the civil, mellow Falcons ...... the Panthers normally up their game a great deal against teams that disrespects them in the media, that has been the only real consistent thing about the Panthers over the years, even during our crap years.

Saints players should stick with disrespecting the Falcons.

Since, unlike the civil, mellow Falcons ...... the Panthers normally up their game a great deal against teams that disrespects them in the media, that has been the only real consistent thing about the Panthers over the years, even during our crap years.

That must be why you're trying to manufacture disrespect.

"Since, unlike the civil, mellow Falcons"

This attitude is what I want to change the most. Maybe we do need to get a little nasty/dirty to get some respect. We got a lot of pent up aggression, maybe it's good to get the Saints first.

You guys cannot be this dense. It was tongue in cheek and had everything to do with no team repeating as division winner.

Realisticly though should they be worried about Carolina?? I'm not.

Edited by DatMan

You guys cannot be this dense. It was tongue in cheek and had everything to do with no team repeating as division winner.

Realisticly though should they be worried about Carolina?? I'm not.

Had a Falcons player said this...awe never mind.

Just know Ryan said 'GTFOMF' 2 seasons ago and Panthers players and fans still bring it up.

If you watched and/or can go back and watch the two games you'll see in the first match the Saints beat the living crap out of them. The Saints lost the 2nd game after clearly out playing them and lost at the last second and similar to how they lost to the Patriots. If Jenkins (thank God he's gone) would have just grew some prunes on that last play the Saints win. So after the two games with them I concur with Watson's statement and if you rewatch the two games I honestly think you will agree as well.

If you watched and/or can go back and watch the two games you'll see in the first match the Saints beat the living crap out of them. The Saints lost the 2nd game after clearly out playing them and lost at the last second and similar to how they lost to the Patriots. If Jenkins (thank God he's gone) would have just grew some prunes on that last play the Saints win. So after the two games with them I concur with Watson's statement and if you rewatch the two games I honestly think you will agree as well.

Sounds like a lot of ifs to me

Edited by TheWake1

Is it really that hard to say we lost? While I do agree that the Saints may have been the better team, the Panthers made more plays that mattered and took the game and the division. The Saints won everything but the scoreboard, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.