Trade Rumors

Unknøwn

Its that time of year again. Just two weeks until the deadline is here. Nothing really going on with the Braves right now but we do know they scouted the Cubs. Mark Bowman speculated James Russell and Wesley Wright are the two players the Braves wanted to see.

Angels were working on a package deal for Kennedy and Street but are now just focusing on Street. Several other teams are reportedly now in the mix for Ian Kennedy.

Mets have made Bartolo Colon available but recent rumblings suggest they might consider adding a bat and going for it this year.

Mariners are trying hard to get Marlon Byrd, who has said he would waive his no-trade for them. They're also in the mix for Ben Zobrist if Tampa decides to sell.

Royals are reportedly talking to Boston about Jonny Gomes.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santana showed us we need a pitcher like Price.

1 and 1/2 years of David Price is not worth at least 6 years of Lucus Sims, Alex Wood and Christian Bethancourt which is where talks with the Rays would realistically begin for a David Price to the Braves trade. That's just scratching the surface of where trade talks would begin and then going from there. That's being realistic.

1 and 1/2 years of David Price is not worth at least 6 years of Lucus Sims, Alex Wood and Christian Bethancourt which is where talks with the Rays would realistically begin for a David Price to the Braves trade. That's just scratching the surface of where trade talks would begin and then going from there. That's being realistic.

Exactly. I dont even want to talk to Tampa about Price because their front office is so good. It would be nearly impossible to get a favorable deal.

hypothetical speaking let's say the Braves win two world series titles with Price, would you think that trade would be a success then?

hypothetical speaking let's say the Braves win two world series titles with Price, would you think that trade would be a success then?

If you could guarantee me that, yes it would be worth it. But there's no guarantee that even with Price the Braves even win a single playoff series let alone two World Series titles. I think getting a LOOGY that can actually get LHB's out, improving the bench, getting more consistent offensive performance across the board are all bigger issues for the Braves right now than whether or not the Braves have a David Price leading the rotation.

I have always said Atlanta need that bonafide ace. Someone that strikes fear in opponents heart whenever they see his name going against theirs. Like the way I felt when I saw us go against the Dodgers last year in the playoffs an.d knew we would see Kershaw once and probably twice. I love the competition. But I knew we had to absolutely bring it when going against Clayton. He didn't disappoint

I have always said Atlanta need that bonafide ace. Someone that strikes fear in opponents heart whenever they see his name going against theirs. Like the way I felt when I saw us go against the Dodgers last year in the playoffs an.d knew we would see Kershaw once and probably twice. I love the competition. But I knew we had to absolutely bring it when going against Clayton. He didn't disappoint

Even that doesn't mean anything if you don't have the offense or bullpen. The Braves won one World Series title with Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz. Had the bullpen not pissed away game 4 last year the Braves would have won a game started by Clayton Kershaw in which they started Freddy Garcia. There's a lot more that goes into winning and losing than who the starting pitchers are.