How Much Patience Will We Have?

With all the new additions to this team and I'm talking mostly about the coaching and FO staff than I am the players, how long will this fanbase tolerate a learning curve? The coordinators aren't new but Cox and Tice are bringing a new attitude and having Devaney and Pioli in the FO will help us draft better players from here on out (how could it not?)

I'm with most posters here and want to see this Falcons team be grittier, nastier, and harder hitting and I think we are on the way there. The question is if we aren't great and look a little lost through the first half of the season do we throw in the towel and yell and pout or do we understand that with change comes some growing pains. I'm usually one of the most optimistic posters on these boards but even I understand that 4-4 or even 3-5 through our first 8 games is a real possibility. Is it because we still suck, not necessarily. It may simply be because our new players, coaches, and staff have not had the time to gel quite yet. I don't see this being our year to take home the hardware but I see this team shaping up to staying very relevant for years to come.

I know one thing I've BEEN tired of...the revolving doors on offense and defense we have each year at key positions. Plugging mid to late round picks in hopes they pan out forces the same kind of question marks each year. Glad they got it right with the FO acquisitions of Asamoah and Jackson. Hoping Carimi works out too. With that being said, all of these things require some level of patience if you're a Falcons fan.

I expect a litlle bit of a learning curve early, but if they are healthy 3-5 first half would be a little bit of a letdown. Don't care who, what ,where or when got to find a way to .500 or better at the midpoint and build from there. Lofty expectations maybe? but I know there are higher than that at Flowery Branch.

The question is how much patience will Arthur have, with the new stadium up in 2017, he wants this team to be on a continuous upswing going into the new nest, we as lifelong fans have gotten use to the waiting game, it'll happen for us, it begins this year, keep building on the defense and we'll be fine, I hope.

They could go out and lose a close game 1 and I wouldn't be upset if they physically beat the ish out of them. Played tough as nails and were ish stomping folks. I might be the only one but then I seem to be the only one that understands it's only game 1 most the time. lol

I don't know how long you've been a fan... But patience will become a part of you when dealing with this team.

Since I was old enough to know what was going on which was the early-mid 90's

I am patient, I was mainly asking how long it will take for the fan base to explode before they realize that it is still in the early stages.

I expect a litlle bit of a learning curve early, but if they are healthy 3-5 first half would be a little bit of a letdown. Don't care who, what ,where or when got to find a way to .500 or better at the midpoint and build from there. Lofty expectations maybe? but I know there are higher than that at Flowery Branch.

I agree with this. I'm still thinking we will surprise some people and be better than .500 at the halfway point. I'm just ready for the season to start dammit!

I agree with this. I'm still thinking we will surprise some people and be better than .500 at the halfway point. I'm just ready for the season to start dammit!

I have to agree with the OP in that we will need time to put it all together. That's why I think this pre-season has more meaning to me than usual. Would love to see Hageman knock Brees out of the game in game one. Who do they even have as a backup?

H e l l I'm looking the schedule for the first 8 games and again if healthy I'm seeing 6-2 or 5-3 staring us in the face. Obviously they could lose to everyone of them but conversely they could split the first 2 and then reel off 3-4 game win streak, none of those teams are the Seahawks, Niners or Broncos after those 3 it's a mish mash. Spilt Skanks/ Sucs split Bengals/Ravens beat Minnesota then it's just the Giants and Lions and Bears oh my LOL. If they are clicking on offense they will take all 3 of those.

Lol on this board with the exception of a few posters anything less than a resounding thrashing of the Saints week one. You'll see just how little patience this fanbase has. Already expectations are to high and borderline on unrealistic. Following a 4-12 season 9-7 playoffs or not is a successful season to me. Majority will be calling for player cuts and coaches jobs lol patience lol that's a good one

This. Give me .500 through the first 8 with improvement in the last 8 and I will be happy. Less and I will be disappointed, more and I will be thrilled.

Lol on this board with the exception of a few posters anything less than a resounding thrashing of the Saints week one. You'll see just how little patience this fanbase has. Already expectations are to high and borderline on unrealistic. Following a 4-12 season 9-7 playoffs or not is a successful season to me. Majority will be calling for player cuts and coaches jobs lol patience lol that's a good one

Wait....so your OK with a .500 season or so and no playoff's?? How about a .500 season and swept by the Saints but they tried really hard?!?!

That's the point of my post. People will go bananas WAY too soon if we don't start off on fire.

That's the point of my post. People will go bananas WAY too soon if we don't start off on fire.

Well like normal I will remain calm and be a voice of reason and people will will call me names. lol

IF we in fact do start off slow that is. To most here it will mean the season is automatically over and everyone's job from TD on down to the equipment manager will be called for. Now don't get me wrong when I say this but as a generally level headed static person I find the meltdowns fascinating.

Well like normal I will remain calm and be a voice of reason and people will will call me names. lol

IF we in fact do start off slow that is. To most here it will mean the season is automatically over and everyone's job from TD on down to the equipment manager will be called for. Now don't get me wrong when I say this but as a generally level headed static person I find the meltdowns fascinating.

I'll help be that voice of reason if that is the case. They are funny. Can you imagine cereal killer and falcon rage's posts if we start our 2-4? It will be truly entertaining.

That said, let's go 5-1 instead :)