Its Started Again! Fearrrrrrrr

SuperAINTSfan

http://boards.atlant...graham-signing/

shockerfalcon

Go to www.overthecap.com they still have almost 5 million in cap space after the Graham deal. Projected to be 12 million over in 2015 though there are some vets they could cut to clear cap space, however the dead money it would create would eat up the projected 6 million in cap space for 2016. Plus if I'm not mistaken both Jordan and junior will be up for new contracts. It will be interesting to see how Loomis works his magic the next 2 offseasons

GTBF54

Right now it looks like they are sitting at $4,403,456 Cap he!! is gonna hit them next year.......

http://www.spotrac.c...ans-saints/cap/

WOR

At the rate they're going they won't be able to afford a replacement for brees

Lornoth

The Ain'ts are putting all their eggs in Brees' basket. Loomis is backloading everything just enough to keep a good team on the field while Brees is still around, because he knows once he retires they're screwed either way.

RS91

The Saints don't have a salary cap, and unfortunately it is all within the rules. They will just cut half their veterans next offseason, restructure the other half, bring in two more high dollar FAs on heavily backloaded contracts they never intend to honor, and continue being the shadiest franchise in pro sports.

trudweathers

The Saints will have a very hard time hiding the cap problem going forward.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never take fans seriously when it comes to finances. All fans are armchair GMs and have no real idea what is going on.

Yep but it's funny watching them predict the failure of the Saints when it's been shown numerous times that Loomis works the cap as good as anyone.

I love these threads.

Falcon fans say next year the Saints are in cap ****, yada, yada, yada.

Remember just a few months ago? The Saints were 14 million over the salary cap and many people here were saying the Saints were going to gut their team.

The Saints cut Will Smith (who never played a down in 2013) and Roman Harper (whose replacement was a 1st round pick last year) and Lance Moore who had all of 30 receptions last year.

Then they signed Jairus Byrd to a 56 million dollar deal, Champ Bailey, Eric Lorig, Jimmy Graham, Zach Strief, and an entire draft class and have 5 million left under the cap.

The smart fans on here know it and the casual fans criticize him and look at it any way you want, but Mickey Loomis is a genius with the cap.

Meanwhile in Atlanta, TD has big brother Scott Pioli is hired to come help out. Doesn't exactly scream confidence in your GM when another GM is brought in. TD and Mike Smith are 1 bad season away from being fired.

Got to give credit where it's due, Loomis has worked his magic time and again. Also built a very respectable defense. I would obviously love for NO to be in cap heII next season, the year after, and so forth. Whatever he does, Loomis does it well and does it every time. So I will not be surprised to see an equally competitive NO team on the field for the immediate future. Maybe one day it will catch up, maybe not. I think it's foolish to waste time "worrying" about all of that, though.

How is making a player the highest paid player ever to play a position, front loading a contract to save a little cap space by working a qb contract for a TE special?

Look out the kicker is a free agent soon.... 18 mill coming his way as long as it saves 2 mill vs the cap this year. Its all good.

Reality is they paid 13 mill for a TE!

There isnt 1 TE in the NFL worth 13 mill, maybe thats why no GM but Loomis would ever pay that. Pats could have signed him for 5 mill and he would have been happy!

Its not hard to over pay a player. 22 mill over 2 years for a TE! insane. Graham got a Brees type contract worked. Loomis got bent over.

How is making a player the highest paid player ever to play a position, front loading a contract to save a little cap space by working a qb contract for a TE special?

Look out the kicker is a free agent soon.... 18 mill coming his way as long as it saves 2 mill vs the cap this year. Its all good.

There isnt 1 TE in the NFL worth 13 mill, maybe thats why no GM but Loomis would ever pay that. Pats could have signed him for 5 mill and he would have been happy!

Its not hard to over pay a player. 22 mill over 2 years for a TE! insane. Graham got a Brees type contract worked. Loomis got bent over.

Yeah, maybe Loomis should learn from TD and call in a friend to help him GM, cause that's what great GMs do

Got to give credit where it's due, Loomis has worked his magic time and again. Also built a very respectable defense. I would obviously love for NO to be in cap heII next season, the year after, and so forth. Whatever he does, Loomis does it well and does it every time. So I will not be surprised to see an equally competitive NO team on the field for the immediate future. Maybe one day it will catch up, maybe not. I think it's foolish to waste time "worrying" about all of that, though.

Exactly, I would also add that I'm worried about the Falcons and not the 'ticking salary cap time bomb' of other teams.

Graham had 16 touchdowns last year. That is the same as Roddy, Julio, Douglas, Jackson, Jaquizz, Drew Davis, Tuillolo, and Darius Johnson combined.

You paid TG 10 million last year for half the touchdowns of Graham. You know Graham's salary last year? $500k.

The reason the Saints can do this is because they have drafted well. They have several superstars that are highly paid but having one of the best defensive lines in the league at about 3 million total cap spent (Cam Jordan, Akeem Hicks, John Jenkins and Broderick Bunkley). That allows us to splurge elsewhere.

I honestly hope the Falcons are decent enough to keep Mike Smith and TD around for a few more seasons. But I have a feeling Blank has told them to win a playoff game or two or your gone.

Exactly, I would also add that I'm worried about the Falcons and not the 'ticking salary cap time bomb' of other teams.

Do you really worry a lot about the salary cap? This is a serious question, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck. Fans on forums say all the time the Saints are in cap **** or the Saints will be in cap ****. There's enough people saying it that there must be something to it.

I worry that Lelito won't be up to par as a center and what that might do for the entire offensive line. And if he's not, and the line suffers, how does the Saints offense compensate. You can only throw so many screens. I worry that Graham's foot injury may become chronic. I worry that the Panthers defense is just beginning to gel as a unit and they could become dominate in the South for years to come

But I just can't bring myself to worry about the money side of the business too much.

Graham had 16 touchdowns last year. That is the same as Roddy, Julio, Douglas, Jackson, Jaquizz, Drew Davis, Tuillolo, and Darius Johnson combined.

You paid TG 10 million last year for half the touchdowns of Graham. You know Graham's salary last year? $500k.

The reason the Saints can do this is because they have drafted well. They have several superstars that are highly paid but having one of the best defensive lines in the league at about 3 million total cap spent (Cam Jordan, Akeem Hicks, John Jenkins and Broderick Bunkley). That allows us to splurge elsewhere.

I honestly hope the Falcons are decent enough to keep Mike Smith and TD around for a few more seasons. But I have a feeling Blank has told them to win a playoff game or two or your gone.

Woahhhhh. They call me mr reach. You went to Loomis is god and Smith and TD is probably getting fired if they don't win playoff games.

Gotta tip my hat to you sir.

Let me be clear on this. TD can do just like Loomis did with Graham. Any GM could. Just over pay your FA`s twice the franchise tag value and push the money back.

I dont care about Grahams catches. Remember he is a TE not a WR! he disappears in big games and he is money hungry. Thats all we have heard for the entire offseason. He lost his case to prove he was a WR (one that i said he should be payed fairly based on his value. Did you say that?).

OK lets talk Falcons. TD and Smith had 1 losing season since getting here and your putting the on win 2 playoff games or your fired list? Do you know before them the falcons never had back to back winning season? Since they got here we had 5. They have shattered most falcons history in their short time.

Saints fans confuse me on this little detail, since not long ago the Saints where in this very same type of boat. But because its us, people think its win or fire approach.

Let me remind you of the last time we tried that stance. We fired Mora Jr and got pigtrino. That worked out great for us didn't it. So excuse me for not dismissing TD and Smith accomplishments so fast. We weren't suppose to be as good as we where when we got them. As a Saints fan i could see why you would want us to fire them though. because firing coaching staffs works out so great for most teams, everyone who does that goes on the best winning runs in their franchises history.

But dont pretend the Saints are in a different league than us. You all have 1 SB win (loomis`ed in controversy) and thats it over us. Outside of that our pasts go hand in hand. Does Blank wanna win 2 playoff games this year? **** yeah he does, we all do. I bet Benson does to. Only owner who probably doesn't is Jones and thats because .500 is good enough for him.

But anyone could spend the farm now. TD could just like Loomis. Only difference is if TD spent 13 mill on a TE. This place would explode with WTF are we doing threads and all the Saints fans posting "haha td is stupid, 13 mill on a TE".

Thats Just the truth and nothing but the truth! Saints fans ride Loomis jock and praise their false gods. We question what our GM and coach do.

Woahhhhh. They call me mr reach. You went to Loomis is god and Smith and TD is probably getting fired if they don't win playoff games.

Let me be clear on this. TD can do just like Loomis did with Graham. Any GM could. Just over pay your FA`s twice the franchise tag value and push the money back.

I dont care about Grahams catches. Remember he is a TE not a WR! he disappears in big games and he is money hungry. Thats all we have heard for the entire offseason. He lost his case to prove he was a WR (one that i said he should be payed fairly based on his value. Did you say that?).

OK lets talk Falcons. TD and Smith had 1 losing season since getting here and your putting the on win 2 playoff games or your fired list? Do you know before them the falcons never had back to back winning season? Since they got here we had 5. They have shattered most falcons history in their short time.

Saints fans confuse me on this little detail, since not long ago the Saints where in this very same type of boat. But because its us, people think its win or fire approach.

Let me remind you of the last time we tried that stance. We fired Mora Jr and got pigtrino. That worked out great for us didn't it. So excuse me for not dismissing TD and Smith accomplishments so fast. We weren't suppose to be as good as we where when we got them. As a Saints fan i could see why you would want us to fire them though. because firing coaching staffs works out so great for most teams, everyone who does that goes on the best winning runs in their franchises history.

But dont pretend the Saints are in a different league than us. You all have 1 SB win (loomis`ed in controversy) and thats it over us. Outside of that our pasts go hand in hand. Does Blank wanna win 2 playoff games this year? **** yeah he does, we all do. I bet Benson does to. Only owner who probably doesn't is Jones and thats because .500 is good enough for him.

But anyone could spend the farm now. TD could just like Loomis. Only difference is if TD spent 13 mill on a TE. This place would explode with WTF are we doing threads and all the Saints fans posting "haha td is stupid, 13 mill on a TE".

Thats Just the truth and nothing but the truth! Saints fans ride Loomis jock and praise their false gods. We question what our GM and coach do.

This is the biggest crock of $hit I've ever read. I was thinking a lot of your ramblings were just tongue and cheek zingers, but now I'm sensing you really believe the BS that you are spewing. The bold statement alone shows how utterly delusional you are. Please, bring the old Danight back, the one we can laugh with not at.

Edited by meezy0236

No you're trying to sell us on money to a tight end when in reality is he is a receiver who puts up better numbers than most #1s.

You also thought it was stupid when Brees signed his contract yet now there's a few QBs making more than him. Ryan is included and no one can say theyre on Brees level

Your argument is ridiculous. The 13 mill you're trying to debate is nonsense.

This is shaming to me as a Falcons fan. Obviously Loomis has it figured out and him and Payton make a great combo. Falcon fans wishing for doom and gloom on the saints via salary cap or players holding out, ie: not on the field of play, is just embarrassing. We should be above/better that. I want the saints best effort when we win against them, not reasons for excuses.

No you're trying to sell us on money to a tight end when in reality is he is a receiver who puts up better numbers than most #1s.

You mean the same argument that would say if Graham was covered by a #1 CB he would disappear in games. That argument Saints fans made to justify not paying him more than a TE price.

You also thought it was stupid when Brees signed his contract yet now there's a few QBs making more than him. Ryan is included and no one can say theyre on Brees level

No its not redicoulous to pay 1 player as much as 30% of the entire teams payroll. EVEN BREES said he is over paid!

Its crazy the deals these QB`s are getting.

Your argument is ridiculous. The 13 mill you're trying to debate is nonsense.

My argument is the Truth. Graham will make 13 million dollars this year to play for the Saints, as a TE!

This is the biggest crock of $hit I've ever read. I was thinking a lot of your ramblings were just tongue and cheek zingers, but now I'm sensing you really believe the BS that you are spewing. The bold statement alone shows how utterly delusional you are. Please, bring the old Danight back, the one we can laugh with not at.

Go back to sleep, your grumpy in the morning.